Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Aerial Aerating Wine Pourer by True
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 4"|Change
Price:$1.94+ Free shipping

on February 9, 2012
If you are looking at a $10 wine aerater, chances are you are a lot like me in the following ways:

- You enjoy wine, but you wouldn't consider yourself a wine enthusiast or even have the most refined palate for it
- You tend to buy cheap wine
- You're looking for a way to make your cheap wine taste better with a cheap aerater

If you meet that criteria, you will probably love this aerator. I've tried wine side-by-side with and without the aerator and it definitely brings out more flavor and tastes better with the aerator.

Also, the spout works great for no drip pours. It's easy to clean and store. It's perfect for my wine needs.
on October 15, 2010
I've used this on both red and white wines, as well as port, with noticeable improvements in all cases. It also eliminates most drips when pouring. It fits easily into bottles with corks and bottles with screw caps. Rinse it under running water when done, and it is ready for the next bottle!
on July 29, 2010
WOrks as well, or better than some of the $30-40 jobs I have used. Helps the wine develop much better than just pouring and lot easier than using a decanter-unless it is an older vintage.
on January 26, 2011
This little gadget works great. There are more expensive solutions, but being able to put this right in the neck of the bottle, eliminating drips, is a terrific feature.
on May 11, 2012
I poured myself a sip, tasted it, then immediately popped on the aerator and tried it again. There was definitely a big difference and if you open a bottle and tend not to finish it right away, you absolutely should invest in an aerator.

This one is great for the price and there is absolutely no reason to spend more money on an aerator. This one is great.
on June 30, 2013
I am in wine sales part-time and do a lot of tastings. This aerating pour spout by True Fabrications is probably my favorite. It is inexpensive compared to most and it performs flawlessly, with little to no dripping (like some of the others I have used).
on December 11, 2011
This is a must of any wine lover. Yes I know there are those fancy high end ones, but this is so easy to take on a picnic and so easy to use. Just pop it into the bottle and pour. Plus it also helps avoid those little red wine dribbles on you white table cloth. Makes a bottle of average wine far more drinkable, good bottle of wine better and a great bottle of wine greater and it can't be beat for the price.
on November 30, 2012
This product is not the helical design aerator shown in the first 2 photos, it is the metal-disk design as shown in the latter photos. Since it was prime and I was placing a larger order, I would have purchased:

for 5 dollars less than what I paid for this product, had I known that they were the same. Expecting the helical design, I was willing to drop the extra 5 bucks... Very disappointed.

I have not yet decided if it is worth my time and hassle of returning it, especially as I do not see a product on amazon that IS the helical aerator that I expected.

I have not yet USED the product and cannot comment on it's performance, but the beauty of the product and the fact that I could have easily spent less than half the price for what I actually received BUMS ME OUT.
on May 23, 2013
Fellow wine drinking friends and family affectionately refer to this product as "the traveller". - works well and would not want to go without it. I am back to buy more as gifts and wanted to leave a review for others who are considering this item.

At the time I'm writing this review, the price is $3 less than I paid originally. What a deal. It convinced me to buy more as stocking stuffers. I would also be a nice extra host/ess gift with a bottle of wine when attending gatherings.

The review:

I purchased this traveller months ago and wish we had purchased it earlier. We dine out regularly and enjoy our favorite Cabs, Merlots, Bordeaux, etc but don't often have the luxury of time to let it breathe after opening. When we are at home, we use the Vinturi Aeriator. While not huge, the Vinturi isn't something that fits easily in a purse or pocket.

This item is not quite as effective as the Vinturi, but it works well. The portability and "always there's when you need it" far outweighs the difference in aeration effectiveness. The first glass after opening the wine is the target demographic, so to speak. The difference in that first glass right after opening with vs. without this aerator is markedly noticeable. After that, the rest of the wine has some time to breathe in the bottle while you drink the first glass, so more aeration is icing on the cake.

Easy to use. Easy to clean. Just open the bottle and put it in as if it were a stopper, then pour. We have only used it on red wine and on corked bottles, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work with screw tops or white wine.

The rubber stopper on one end helps it stay secure and the flared design at the pourer end eliminates drips. There is a metal perforated disk in between that serves to introduce air as you pour. Despite being secure when pouring, it's still easy to remove when it's time to go. To remove, gently wiggle while you twist. Don't force it! To clean, just agitate in a glass of water or rinse under the tap.

Dont expect Vinturi-type results. If you want to replicate Vinturi results, lug the Vinturi around when you dine out. We opted for this traveller and haven't regretted it. My one concern is forgetting to take it off the bottle when we leave, but so far that hasn't happened :-).

One last comment- pouring the bottle is a little more awkward with the aerator on because it elongates the bottle by an inch or two. You have to be a little more deliberated when pouring (or maybe it's just a reflection on me, ha!), The upside is that unlike the Vinturi, you only to use one hand while pouring . Two hands are needed for the Vinturi - one hand to hold the Vinturi over the glass, the other hand to pour the bottle.

Cheers & enjoy!
on August 18, 2012
I had a previously ordered an aerator from this company that I liked very much. When I ordered a second one for my son I had high expectations. Unfortunately, the second one was a different design. It didn't work nearly as well. I am deeply disappointed.

See 1 answered question