5.0 out of 5 stars Another great, original release!, September 26, 2007
This review is from: True (Audio CD)
I discovered Jeff Oster on the internet a few years ago. Will Ackerman had produced and performed on his first album, so I figured Oster was worth a listen. I haven't stopped listening yet. He is an incredible performer and composer. This new album is just as melodic and inventive as his first. He's joined by some giants--Ackerman, Philip Aaberg, Michael Manring, for example--and some other wonderful vocalists and musicians. There is nothing extraneous on this album; every arrangement is perfectly crafted. Just listen to "On One Knee" and the way it builds, and you'll see what I mean. The professional reviews of it here on Amazon say it far better than I ever could. All I want now is for him to release another one--right now.

5.0 out of 5 stars There is nothing false about TRUE, December 8, 2007
This review is from: True (Audio CD)
I travel the entire world in one sitting with this album, yet.. there's one special place it takes me every time I listen.. That unmistakable call to attention with the commanding call of the trumpet is just as demandingly clear as the muted one filling in behind ...leading me somewhere very special. Perhaps it's the gentle guitar of Will Ackerman, the not too dis-similar guitar of Patrick Gorman, Samite's weaving Ugandan vocals, or the dramatic cries of Melissa Kaplan, but leading them all is the unusually peaceful sound of Oster's flugelhorn and trumpet that capture and endear me to follow wherever they lead. From This Place to Mumbai, Violet to On One Knee, .. from Saturn Calling to Serengeti, .. each of these moves the very timing of my heart and carries me on a most amazing musical journey ..one without any falsehood, whatsoever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Drifting up towards a True thing, November 4, 2007
This review is from: True (Audio CD)
Jesff Oster takes you to distant places in your heart not your head. Perfect music to listen and watch rain on a windowpane or to work to - doing art - reading. A lovely mix of styles with no new age cliché riffs this album is a pleasure and well worth owning.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY RELAXING, January 25, 2011
This review is from: True (Audio CD)
I'm not a great lover of jazz or trumpet music, but I heard Jeff Oster on Echoes about 3 years ago. I'd never heard trumpet music like his before, it was very gently and relaxing. I immediately went to Amazon and bought two of his CD's which are very similar, and are now part of my growing collection. I'm happy I bought them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great work...., December 18, 2010
This review is from: True (Audio CD)
Heard "On One Knee" on the radio, and wanted to hear more from this great horn player. Oster has great tone and clarity in his playing. This is an excellent work, combining world music sounds with great compositions. Great music to relax to. A welcome break from the shallow nonsense passing for talent these days. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Writings by Serge Kozlovsky, July 10, 2010
This review is from: True (Audio CD)
Jeff Oster's "True" is music of incredible sincerity. You can simply sit down, listen to this album and feel alone with the artist and his experience. And he doesn't make false pretenses. Jeff Oster is entirely here in the present moment. The musician expresses his innermost feelings and emotions with ease and clarity. "True" is a very integral project and it possesses a huge inner power. But, at the same time, Jeff Oster's music has the innocence of a child's look.

All the compositions of this album are perfect. Many remarkable musicians also took part in the recording of this project. They enriched album's music by many delightful nuances. But all other artist's playing simply emphasizes Jeff Oster's refined performance.

Listen to "True" and discover how wonderful a trumpet and flugelhorn can sound. You are sure to have never heard such powerful and unique music before.

Serge Kozlovsky
[...]

True
True by Jeff Oster (Audio CD - 2007)
Rate and Discover Movies