1.0 out of 5 stars Yellow oily blobs and itching, July 20, 2012
This review is from: True Natural: Face & Body Sun Sport Stick 30 SPF, 0.5 oz (Misc.)
I was looking for an organic / natural sunscreen with a SPF over 30 and I found True Natural active sunscreen with SPF 40. The EWG gives it a good rating.
At first I really liked it. The smell is good and it does really go on clear - no white ghost face with this one. But my opinion changed by the second or third time I used it. The cream started to separate into white parts and a yellow oily liquid. Usually the first thing that blobs out of the tube is a big puddle of yellow grease and then afterwards you also get some white substance. But even the white will still have inclusions of yellow oil and is just nasty to put on. I also noticed that it made the skin in my face itchy, so I stopped using it on my face and only applied it to feet and hands.

I am now using Coola MineralBaby SPF 45 Moisturizer Unscented and had quite the opposite experience with that one. First I didn't like it because it is very thick and it does paint your face white. But I changed my mind because it's redeeming quality is that it is amazingly resistant. Even after hours of surfing I still have that protective layer of sunscreen on my face! And I never experienced any itching on my face with this sun screen either.

1.0 out of 5 stars toothpaste, July 5, 2012
I am sorry to say this sunscreen did not live up to my hopes. I bought it because it is highly recommended as a natural sunscreen. It is certainly not normal sunscreen, it is more like toothpaste. It is a paste that does not rub in and collects every speck of dirt and bugs that may be flying around near you. I had to wash my face 10+ times scrubbing at it to get this stuff off.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Sticky, October 11, 2011
It remains very sticky even after you wash with soap and water; I didn't like it.It goes on clear but a sticky film remains on your skin. Uncomfortable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very unhappy!, April 4, 2013
Looking for a safe moisturizer/sunscreen and this product appears to meet that criteria. However, it has a very thick, unpleasant texture and separates into an oil component and a paste component. I have not found a way to get them mixed back together. Right now my face is an oil slick from my morning application.

3.0 out of 5 stars Smells FANTASTIC and really goes on clear - but this is for the lotion, not the stick, May 24, 2013
I REALLY like the smell of this lotion. It has a fantastic lemon scent. It also really goes on clear - just as advertised. The things I do not like are that it is SUPER oily (imagine doing long jump into a sand pit after applying...), it separates badly, and I do not feel it gives 40 SPF protection.

True Natural: Face & Body Sun Sport Stick 30 SPF, 0.5 oz