5.0 out of 5 stars TRUE STORY...This album is soul at its best., July 29, 2006
Man what can i say...His album i was afraid to buy, but my fears are wash and blown away by this album.

This album is SOUL at its best it has freash with a soulful like song. and yes this guy can get hit notes like tonex. its kinda cool because he has his own style doing it and he does it right. This cd i recommend for the gospel neo soul people out there.worth buying good cd go get already!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars THE REAL TRUTH!!!!!!!, February 24, 2006
Sean Simmonds is the real deal. The truth is literally unfolded. How more real can you get? Much respect goes to Simmonds. True Story is more than an album, it's a reality.

Sean Simmonds steps on the urban Gospel scene with more than just hot music! His fresh taste, musical finesse, testimony, and strong message all make up an impacting ministry that will reach the masses. The urban flavors (with the message) will reach, who some call, unreachable.

Simmonds, along with a Who's Who list of writers and producers such as Kelvin Wooten (Anthony Hamilton, Raphael Saddiq, and Jill Scott) and Montrel Darrett (Commissioned, Londa Larmond), produce this masterpiece.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice - not your typical Gospel CD., December 29, 2007
Sean Simmond's "True Story" is an excellent CD from start to finish. I actually was made aware of this project by someone who refered me to Sean's Myspace page. I was blown away by what I heard. I ordered the CD that same day! The melodies are beautiful, the harmonies are sweet, and the production is tight. If you are a fan of J Moss or Tonex you should really like this CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent additon for contemporary gospel..., March 19, 2006
This album is excellent! Sean has as much soul as Montrel Darrett and Deitrick Haddon and can hit the high notes like Tonex. This is one of the best contemporary gospel albums of the year for me.

What made me want to get the album was the video for the song "Won't It Be". This is my favorite song on the album. Then after that my favorite songs are "For Love" and "Soul Glo". All the songs are good. I can listen to this album from beginning to end without having an urge to skip a song.

I heard about this album being made a long time ago and I had actually forgot about it, because it has been so long. But when I saw the video, I was pleased to hear that it was out and it sounded good. So this album was definitely worth the wait.

What makes this album so excellent is that the artist can sing well and the music production is on point. I'm glad to see Montrel Darrett produced a couple of songs on here.

If you're looking for some fresh contemporary gospel, well here you go. He's definitely a good addition for the genre and the Kingdom. I hope he keeps making more albums after this, because there's not too many good male contemporary gospel artist.

4.0 out of 5 stars review title, July 5, 2006
Sean Simmonds has a beautiful voice that you can enjoy while cleaning up the house or driving in your car.

True Story