5.0 out of 5 stars Price?
I had one of these rakes I bought a couple of years ago for less than $15, and I've seen it advertised for $9.99 to $14.00. What's with the $139 price tag. I loved the rake,and I love doing business with Amazon, but WTH??? Anyway, it was a great rake, but I'm not buying it at this price. I can't imagine any rake that could possibly be worth that.
Published 5 months ago by Kathryn E. Etier

2.0 out of 5 stars Rakes fine...breaks within a year
The rake overall design is good except the wooden part of the handle broke on mine. I purchased it at Home Depot. Mine didn't have a padded handle, but it is the same rake. It sold under the "VIGORO" brand name and says it has a 25-year limited warranty, but I'm on my third contact trying to get some resoluton. I won't stop. If you offer a warranty you should back it up.
Published on February 11, 2009 by James L. Kimble

2.0 out of 5 stars Rakes fine...breaks within a year, February 11, 2009
This review is from: True Temper Clog-Free Poly Leaf Rake With 48-Inch Cushion Grip Wood Handle 1906500 (Lawn & Patio)

5.0 out of 5 stars Price?, April 3, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Leaf Rake, December 6, 2012
This rake is about 10 times better than rakes available in stores. It's not cheap, but it dramatically cuts raking time, and you do not have to stop every two minutes to remove leaves like in other rakes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Rake - Weak Wood Handle, February 28, 2011
I thought this rake would last for years, as it has a 10-year warranty, but unfortunately, the handle broke after only 2 months of use. Rather than go through the hassle of trying to return it to the company under warranty, I bought a metal reinforced handle and now I think I have a rake that will last for many years. The poly-plastic rake is light and gathers leaves easily, but the handle flexed too much and in time broke. Great rake - poor handle. Won't buy one of these again.

konedog

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great with one caution, October 31, 2009
Sold also as the Stanley Brand with lifetime warranty. My Dad had the original and it lasted him fine. I picked one up and the plastic piece that holds the tines to the handle broke after one season.
No matter what brand is on it, call Ames True Temper for warranty replacement.
They sent me a new one and it looks like they fixed that weak spot.
I saw them again for sale at Walmart (under various brand names now). August 2010. Get it for fall while you can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unsatisfactory packing causes damage, June 8, 2014
Charles J. Ferg (Hazlehurst, MS, USA) - See all my reviews
The rake is fine but when it was wraped for shipping, packing tape got on the foam grip in 2 places. As I was unpacking the rake, I pulled the packing tape off and some of the foam grip came off with the tape. The rake is useable but the missing foam is in places where I naturally grip the rake. So far it is not a problem but I expect the foam grip to come apart sooner than it normally would.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bogus 10-year warranty, August 15, 2013
I bought an almost identical True Temper rake five years ago and really liked it. It did not clog at all. When I bought the rake it was labelled "Lifetime Warranty", but I see they have reduced that to a "10 Year Warranty". Still, not a bad warranty, right? Wrong.

Last year the tines started to break and split. When I called Ames to see about getting the rake replaced I was told the warranty was ONLY for manufacturing defects, not for use! What kind of bogus warranty is that? Ames True Temper brazenly advertises long warranties they have no intention of ever making good on. It's a deceptive business practice in my opinion.

If you don't believe me about this bogus warranty by Ames do a test on your own - call up Ames and tell them you have a rake that the tines started breaking on after 5 years. Their warranty number is 800-393-1846. See what they say. They'll tell you there is no warranty for your rake because it wasn't a manufacturing defect.

So I rate this rake 3-stars: 4 stars for the rake (it isn't durable enough for 5 stars) and 1-star for the deceptive business practices of the manufacturer who tries to trick people into buying a product by claiming a long warranty that does not actually exist. Shame on you Ames True Temper.

3.0 out of 5 stars but in spite of it being the same brand name the quality is not as good., August 9, 2014
I thought they would be the same as the ones sold at Lowes, but in spite of it being the same brand name the quality is not as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ames True Temper Clog-Free Rake, October 11, 2009
This rake really does not clog. If you don't want to have to mess around with pulling the leaves out of the rake, you should get this rake.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ames True Temper Clog-Free 30-Inch Poly Leaf Rake, September 21, 2007
This rake is okay. It feels a bit flimsy when raking. No clogging issues if that is your main concern. I purchased a non-clog rake from Home depot a couple years ago, called a copper head. That rake was excellent -never clogged and was very strong, but apparently HD decided not to carry it anymore and I could not find it on the net anywhere. In case you are wondering what happened to it, some jackass stole it.

Rate and Discover Movies