Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now

on March 15, 2016
Wow, just not that great a book. I have been cooking Thai food for years and even trained under two Thai chefs while I was working my way up in the industry. This book is some weird collection of very strange Thai-ish recipes. I have tried multiple recipes out of this book and they all seem very confused. I feel like this author was just trying to write a book of his adaptations of Thai food. The recipe "Drunken Spaghetti", is nothing more than Italian Spaghetti with some slight Thai influence, very weird. Many better books out there, try others.
on October 14, 2011
True Thai is an excellent cookbook,it explains ingredients fully and is easy to understand.
The recipes are easy to prepare and delicious.
In the back of the cookbook there are listings for ingredients.Most ingriedients can be found in Asian markets or larger supermarkets and what cant be found can be ordered on line. Before purchasing I read the reviews as I always try to do. And after I purchase I usually try to write an honest review. This cookbook I am pleased to say is just what most of the reviews said it was and I am more than pleased. I am sure that I will be using this cookbook often and it will not get dusty sitting on a shelf!
on September 8, 2013
I am a real fan of Thai food and like to cook everything from scratch. I have a smaller and more simple Thai cookbook that's OK but wanted something more comprehensive and this one is great. Lots of great recipes in it.
on June 5, 2013
I have tried a few of the recipes and they have all come out very tasty. The author includes a lot of information of the ingredients and traditions of the Thai people. I recommend this book. The seller delivered the book on time and in the condition stated.
on September 8, 2010
I borrowed this book from the library and loved it. I have made Thai dishes that taste like they come from a restaurant. You will need to buy a lot of special ingredients(different types of soy sauce, curry paste(easier to buy than make), mortar and pestle. I don't have a Thai supermaket around me but everything is available online. I bought this book as I cannot imagine not being able to make this stuff all the time.
on May 10, 2009
I am glad i\I have True Thai: The Modern Art of Thai Cooking as part of my cookbook library.
Having visited Thailand often & I found the dishes are authentic & delicious. Victor Sodsook also explains the ingredients so it makes it that much more clear on preparation.
Nice cookbook to have.
on May 22, 2013
I LOVE thai food. This book is perfect. It gives you recipes that are truly Thai and taste delicious! It's a must have for any thai food lover.