5.0 out of 5 stars Holy Cow
Published on October 23, 2007 by Underhill

2.0 out of 5 stars mediocre ~~ and I'm out the money, too !!!
These thigh high compression stockings by Truform have disappointed me. Although they do fit well on my legs up until the kneecap area, they slide down from the thigh despite the elastic at the top and this leaves red irritation marks on the skin behind my knees.

Published on April 30, 2012 by Matthew G. Sherwin

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy Cow, October 23, 2007
Underhill (Chambersburg, PA USA) - See all my reviews
I am a newcomer to support stockings. My legs were damaged by poor care in intensive care for 5 days. I don't remember the 5 days; but now my legs swell like crazy. I need at least 20-30 compression. It all depends on whether or not the support stocking provides support when I am standing. Although I am a woman, I have given up on trying to find an appropriate "female" support stocking. The prices are out of sight and the products don't last. I ordered several types of support stockings from Amazon a while ago. These thigh highs are FANTASTIC! They provide the support I need, they stay up on their own - no kidding; and they are priced quite reasonably.

4.0 out of 5 stars Six-foot, 220 pound male finds these REALLY difficult to apply, but thereaputic, September 14, 2013
When I bought these, I was confused because the manufacturer offered no sizing chart. This is why I deducted a "star" - I STILL don't know if I have purchased the ideal size. It would be great if the manufacturer would tell us exactly what each size was designed for.

I am a six-foot, 220 pound man who had a bit of a problem with DVTs. These stockings provided good therapeutic benefit.

But putting them on (especially over calves already inflamed by the clots) was extremely difficult and painful.

The instructions did not mention the two obvious things that make them easier to apply and tolerate: Shave your legs (yeah, kinda humiliating for guys, but it will grow back much quicker than you expect) and use talcum powder (or, better yet, Anti-Monkey Butt powder).

(If you find my review helpful, please "like" it. Thanks.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Awesome, August 30, 2012
Works great for a 6'2 300lb man. Awesome price for the product. It reached from the toes of a 14 size foot to the upper thigh of a 6'2 man. It was comfortable and worked out awesome.

4.0 out of 5 stars revised review, October 16, 2010
This review is from: Truform 1945, Compression Socks, Thigh High, 20-30 mmHg, Black, Large (Health and Beauty)
Wore this after it was prescribed by my doctor for swelling after DVT - deep venous thrombosis in my leg and thigh. Feels comfortable and seems to help with the swelling, too early to tell. The material at the top part keeps the stocking from falling down.

After using this product for several weeks, the top part of this stocking becomes very uncomfortable after several hours of use. It leaves marks on the skin. Now I prefer the knee high version.

2.0 out of 5 stars mediocre ~~ and I'm out the money, too !!!, April 30, 2012
Matthew G. Sherwin (last seen screaming at Amazon customer service) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

I will say that they are easy to put on and take off, which is a plus because they are long; therefore when they go on easily over my ankles and legs it's great. Trouble is, as I mentioned above, they just don't stay at the thigh; they ride down after just 30 minutes or so and that's not what I wanted.

Like another reviewer says, I will now stick to knee high compression socks. Try these if you want; but if you want thigh high compression stockings I would look for another brand.

2.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, July 9, 2013
Because my lower legs and feet were swelling, my doctor recommended I wear support hose. Because I am diabetic, he recommended that I wear above the knee socks. So I bought two pairs of these. My experience is mixed. They are called "Firm" but they are so tight they very difficult to get on. My shoe size is an 11 so I bought the size that fits the foot. And though I am 6 feet tall, the socks are too long. Getting them on takes about a minute an inch. They are difficult to get past the little toe. I put talcum powder in the socks but that doesn't help much. You are supposed to roll the socks but you can only roll them half way because if you roll them anymore, they are too tight. But you need the roll to give you something to grip on while pulling them up. But the roll is so tight it hurts the leg. Getting them off is easier but still difficult.

When I have them on they do reduce the swelling but because I cannot completely unroll them, they bind at the top. So I am looking for alternatives that are not so tight and don't go up so high above the knee.

4.0 out of 5 stars compression sock, July 23, 2011
John B. Reyes (los angeles, ca) - See all my reviews
This is a good product. I have used it several months and am satisfied.
I ordered the large when I should have ordered the medium.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truform 20-30 Mens Thigh High, Medium, Black, March 27, 2010
Gary R. Norris (Sugar Grove, NC USA) - See all my reviews
THESE THIGH HIGH COMPRESSION SOCKS DO THE JOB WHEN YOU NEED HELP WITH BLOOD CIRCULATION OR FLUID PROBLEMS IN THE ANKLES. YOU CAN WEAR THEM AS LONG AS YOU WANT AND THEY WILL STAY COMFORTABLE ALL DAY. I WOULD ASK YOUR DR. HOW LONG YOU NEED TO WEAR THEM. ALL IN ALL A GREAT PRODUCT.

5.0 out of 5 stars support is great, November 3, 2009
My 88 year old mother's life has been so improved by these socks. She only wears black pants and black shoes and these look great. She needs help putting them on but they have solved the problem of fluid in her legs.

5.0 out of 5 stars TruForm Compression Stockings, May 11, 2013
I am very satisfied with this product mainly because it is made from high quality materials. I have purchased other comparable socks in the past but none of those felt as good as these Truform socks do. When I take them off after a long day, my legs are not as tired as usual. These compression stockings actually make my legs feel strong. I definitely recommend this product.