5.0 out of 5 stars This book may also work its inspirational magic on you!
Published on June 15, 2007 by A. Zee

3.0 out of 5 stars More depth needed for newbee
Published on December 26, 2011 by shirleys

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This book may also work its inspirational magic on you!, June 15, 2007
This review is from: Trump University Entrepreneurship 101: How to Turn Your Idea into a Money Machine (Hardcover)
Gordon's Entrepreneurship 101 is one of the best books I've ever read! This all-in-one business book ranges from the entrepreneur's mindset to the actions taken. It develops a series of unique frameworks, models, and tips for essential entrepreneurial "thriving forces," the forces that not only lead the entrepreneurs to be successful, but also shape their business to be promising. Through a systematic approach and interactive learning model professionally designed by the author, the book enriched me more solid skills of HOW to turn our idea into a money machine that produces sustainable long-term profit more easily. Another feature of this book I particularly like is that the various analysis tools briefed in charts and exhibits can be downloaded from the website for our personal use.

I also appreciate the writing style in clear and direct presentation, which sort of exposed me to quick digesting, to quick absorbing, to quick thinking, to quick acting, and to quick changing. The best part of this book is the "Action" section at the end of each chapter. After getting the entrepreneur's mindset and being trained to think and act like an entrepreneur, you can't wait to take actions to be a real, ambitious and successful entrepreneur!

I highly recommend this book to all my friends, business partners and the people who are reading my review: don't miss this book; this book may also work its inspirational magic on you! As a venture capitalist, I can confirm with you that the people who possess the spirit of Entrepreneurship 101 are our investment targets!

-- review written by Janice Wang

5.0 out of 5 stars Passion to live entrepreneurship, January 15, 2007
Having studied Chemistry (and even after earning a PhD from MIT), Gordon realized that he also had two very strong passions, teaching and entrepreneurship. Where many would have given up, Gordon was pushed to reach the goals he had dreampt. From here, the reader can only hold on as he helps others realize what it is to actualize a dream, whatever it may be,and however large it may be.

Gordon takes the reader through a true journey of his own experiences with entreprenuership and it is through this magical journey that one can truly understand what it is to be an entrepreur. You read about mistakes, sucesses, suggestions, advice, tips, and what spoke to me louder, someone's own travel down their own road to find personal passion.

This guy knows what he's talking about and knows how to write. There is no question that he's passionate about what he writes, nor that you will be a better businessperson having read this book. It's a quick read that you'll want to save forever because of all the notes and tips you'll have as reference.

The book was a gift--as I don't really read Trump.

A great read for yourself and for the entrepreneur at heart in your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entreprenurial Genie in a Bottle!, August 13, 2007
If you ever thought of starting your own business and wanted to test, develop and launch your idea against a variety of practical and proven market scenarios, Michael E. Gordon's Entreprenuership 101 positions you for stellar success.

Crafted in an engaging and illuminating literary style, Gordon's book and the man himself, walks the talk! As a veteran entreprenuer who broke out of the corporate confines of bureaucratic lethargy, Gordon followed the glint in his eye and built and sold a company on an idea that had all of the hallmarks of a true opportunity. What exactly is a real opportunity and how do you know if you've got one? Read the book, understand Gordon's customer model and get ready for the ride of your life! This is truly a life-changing handbook for anyone with even the slightest inclination towards entreprenuerial freedom.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent gift for new business owners, May 9, 2007
Gordon and Trump have assembled an outstanding guide for small business owners and managers that want to grow businesses. I found that the highly positive tone of the book always helped me. I usually refer to it for solutions to a current problem. I'm always more upbeat after reading a solution in this book. This is why I buy copies of it and hand them out to business associates who are serious about growth and control.

5.0 out of 5 stars New Venture Bible, August 13, 2007
Although I studied Entrepreneurism and now teach the subject at Waseda University in Tokyo Japan, I learned a number of things and synthesized a few things using Gordon's models that made it much easier for students to digest. This is the best book/text I know of to teach upper level undergraduates or beginning graduates students in management. I started an apparel company in 1989 and I wish I had this book as a guide. I made a lot of mistakes that I could have avoided using the information in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars far more than just a few new sparks, May 16, 2007
P. Mellor (Cambridge, MA) - See all my reviews
Michael Gordon's book, Entrepreneurship 101, gave me more than just the few sparks for fresh ideas I was hoping for when I picked it up. It has given me an inspired new array of solid strategy building tools that focus my thought process from planning through implementation. That's really something rare and worthwhile to find -- especially after having hunted out every bit of other innovative entrepreneurial thinking I could find in 15 years, and now in my fourth technology start-up.

I've taken a selection of Gordon's chapter-by-chapter examples and illustrative models and handed them out to my team in order to get everyone involved and talking the same language. The result is a common vocabulary for communicating successful thinking about how we're going to stay on the track of sustainable, profitable growth.

Getting back to the "101" of entrepreneurship isn't simply for new entrepreneurs, it's for lifelong learning entrepreneurs.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for entrepreneurs, June 13, 2007
Q. Yu (Cambridge, MA) - See all my reviews
Entrepreneurship 101 summarizes all the skills you need and all the problems you may face when you pursue entrepreneurship, as well as the key to success. While I read it, I retrospect my entrepreneur experience and found why I succeeded in some points and failed in other points. It is a must read for all who are or will be entrepreneurs...

5.0 out of 5 stars Trump University Entrepreneurship 101, March 31, 2007
Very helpful, straight shooting and to the point.... a must read for anyone who is sharpening their Entrepreneurship skills

3.0 out of 5 stars More depth needed for newbee, December 26, 2011
While interesting I thought the book really didn't cover many things in enough depth. I really jumped around from topic to topic. There was also almost nothing on picking an idea that is right for. Overall a disappointment. I would go for The Balanced Entrepreneur or What Business Should I Start?: 7 Steps to Discovering the Ideal Business for You if you want more detailed books and ones that are better reads.

5.0 out of 5 stars TRUMP Knows best!, December 1, 2010
this book is a must read for any one thinking or even planning to have a business it gives you the nuts and bolts of business and then also gives you the tools to make things happen. I have already successfully started my own business and feel confident and assured that I have made the right choices and this is the guide book to your travels as a future and or current business owner. You get what you pay for in most cases but this book over delivers and under promises. If this was the only book I had to learn about business from I would still win!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›