Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on April 10, 2012
Trussing must be becoming a thing of the past because it's getting difficult to find a trussing needle (non-disposable) in the local stores. I was happy to see this one on offer at Amazon.

It's good and sharp. The eye is wide enough to drive a car through (ok maybe not that big but plenty large enough to get heavy twines through without a problem.)

The ad says it's stainless steel, but it's a dark grey more like regular steel. I'll report back later if this starts rusting on me. I expect it will last a lifetime.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 6, 2012
This is an excellent trussing needle - one of the better ones I have used, although thick cooking/butcher's string is too thick for it. It is big enough to handle easily and to be able to maneuver and truss larger turkeys or whatever else needs trussing.
They do not advertise they send 2 needles; but when 2 are pictured -it is misleading that one is what is being sold.
on May 22, 2012
Perfect for the person roasting/cooking/bbq-ing a whole bird. Trussing with string is important for even cooking. Doing it by tying things alone is tough sometimes - these are shaped like my tapestry needles which I use for crafts with a bent tip. It makes a HUGE difference. Oh, and they're very sturdy, won't bend on you. I shared them with a friend so we both have them in our kitchen now.
on August 26, 2013
I ordered this needle to sew up a lamb that I was spit roasting. It was slathered in olive oil and spices and stuffed with lemons, rosemary, onions and garlic, so it was slippery, but I didn't have a problem holding on to this needle. It works great with butcher twine, just thread it up and do some Fred Flintstone style sewing.
I've struggled before without one of these, but it's just not worth it for as low cost as this thing is. I'm happy to have it!
on October 3, 2013
This is a great helper when trying to mount my chickens and roats onto the rotisseie on my BBQ. I used to just have a couple of straight needles and sometimes had difficulty getting the twine into the right location. I decided to get the curved needle and all my problems disappeard. This curved needle maked mounting the meat onto the spit a breathe. I highly recomend this handy tool.

The end where the eye is had some sharp burrs on it, which I quickly made smoothe with a file, no big problem.
on July 2, 2013
Stuffed pork chops and all the goo stayed in this time - I sewed them together. Be sure and cut the twine off before serving, one of my guests tried to cut the chop and it flew across the table, knocked over a glass of wine which went into another's plate. Good thing we had cocktails before dinner cause it sure was funny.
on December 27, 2012
I bought this after reading Julia Child's section on trussing a chicken. This was used with quality cotton butchers twine on our Thanksgiving turkey. It worked great! Every kitchen should have this tool.
on April 26, 2011
I needed a needle that would be sharp enough and short enough that move through selected cuts of protein without have to use too much elbow grease. This need works great. Try it!
on November 13, 2012
Good enough design, but not high quality, not stainless steel. The eye of the needle is roughly stamped with sharp edges. The point is super sharp, so that's good. The local gourmet supply shop didn't have any of these on hand.
on December 10, 2012
Haven't used it yet but looks like it will work great. It's bigger than I though and has a nice big hole to thread through.

Please note the pics shows two needles but this is only for one.

See 1 answered question