5.0 out of 5 stars Warm your heart story you must read
I loved this book so much that I'm writing a review on my iPad.... I hate typing on this thing. And with my 2 year old over my shoulder demanding to play on it. But the book comes 1st. ;0)

Published on October 7, 2012 by Panglette

3.0 out of 5 stars A good read that kept me interested.
Did I enjoy this book: I did enjoy this book. I read it every free chance I had and finished it in about a day.

The Truth About Faking kept me interested and reading until the end. I did think the story line was bit predictable. However, it still had me surprised and wondering even though I thought I kind of knew how the plot would shake out.

Harley...
Published on October 9, 2012 by The Every Free Chance Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm your heart story you must read, October 7, 2012
This review is from: The Truth About Faking (Kindle Edition)

I'm in the minority because I don't like love triangles, so when I read the book description (Jason who likes Harley, who likes Trent, who likes Stephanie) I wasn't interested but it got such great reviews and I liked the book cover so I gave it a try. I was blown away. LOVED the writing. Got swept in the story. Couldn't put the book down.

Moore is a very talented author. And I don't remember ever seeing a typo. I adored Harley and Jason's relationship. Such real characters. Witty banter. Laugh out loud moments. And such breath-takingly sweet moments I got swept into. I highly recommend this.

Since I've read a bajillion books I did guess all the plot twists but her writing was so great I didn't care. I still couldn't wait to see it unfold. Shoot, I could read it again right now and I just finished the thing. It's that good. And hardly any cussing. Loved that too.

I only have one stupid quirk that 99.9% of readers wouldn't care about. I'm actually pretty similar to Harley's mom. Well her thought process that is, not the Pocahontas part. ;) Harley said her mom believes there are already enough kids in this world, so we should adopt them instead give birth to them. I totally get the point of saying that in the story.... so that we can see Harley doubt her mother's love (like every teen girl I've ever known does in some respect) but I wish either Harley's parents had actually adopted or the author would have used a different explanation or spin on that belief. If she was as passionate about that belief as her others than they would have adopted thus making her character more believable. But like I said. That's just me. And I'm weird. :) But adoption is a big part of my life. So I get excited when I see it in a positive light. :o)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, Clean YA Romance!, September 11, 2012
This review is from: The Truth About Faking (Kindle Edition)
The Truth about Faking had all the elements of a great YA book. It had a strong story line, wonderful characters and was clean enough for a teenage girl yet entertaining enough for me! I read so many YA novels with damaged characters, which I love, but I also like this type which centers around relatively normal teenagers dealing with what life throws at them.

Harley (love that name) is a typical teenage girl. She worries about how she looks, finding the perfect boy who can give her that perfect kiss and wants others to like her. She is also the minister's daughter and lives life on the straight and narrow for the most part. She thinks she has her future all figured out and will one day walk down the aisle in her Greek inspired white wedding dress with braids in her hair, marrying Trent. Well, life through the eyes of a seventeen year old isn't always what it seems and she may soon realize not all dreams are meant to become reality.

Trent is a great guy; he is kind, considerate and very respectable. So many girls in school want to date him but he doesn't seem to into any of them. Then Harley finds out that he may like her after all and tries to sway him her way by fake dating the new guy, Jason.

Jason is the boy I would have fallen for in school. He has a great sense of humor, always listens and hears what Harley is saying, and has a playful quality. He does not fit into Harley's perfect picture; he swears, drinks, and drives a Gremlin. Through most of the book, this boy genuinely put a smile on my face!

Now, there are secrets being kept by several of the characters in this book that will have an affect on the outcome of the little love triangle. Besides Harley's relationship issues, she also has a suspicion that her mother is having an affair with her massage therapy student which seems ridiculous to everyone else because of Harley's parent's still very sizzling relationship. Harley soon learns things aren't always how they seem...

This book is a breath of fresh air and I would highly recommend it for anyone who is searching for a lighter, yet very entertaining read. I can guarantee you will fall in love with the characters while appreciating the Talbert Moore's writing style.

5.0 out of 5 stars FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!!!!, October 19, 2012
This review is from: The Truth About Faking (Kindle Edition)
OMG.....I love this book!!! Leigh Talbert Moore sure can write an AMAZING story. This book touched on alot of issues in a teenagers life, struggles at home with parents, broken hearts, gossip, trying to be what everyone "thinks" you should be. I read this book in a few hours, I couldn't put it down and I loved every minute of it!!

Harley thinks she has everything figured out, she knows that Trent is the guy for her and has formed a plan to win him over. Everything is going great until the new kid, Jason shows up at school and derailed mission "Win Trent Over". Harley just wants to date Trent. Jason just wants to date Harley. Half of the school wants to date both Trent and Jason, including her best friend. What's a girl to do? Plus, there is the issue with her mom and the HOT guy she is mentoring.

Just writing this review makes me want to read the book again :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel good book :), November 27, 2012
Alina S. (California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Truth About Faking (Kindle Edition)
I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed it from start to finish. The story feels real and it takes you back to the high school drama. You will fall in love with Jason and Harley as they walk you through their fake dates and real ones and everything in between. It was nice to read such a clean love story for change.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect high school love story, February 26, 2013
This review is from: The Truth About Faking (Kindle Edition)
This book reminded me a lot of my high school experience ..it was hard for me to put this book down ... really good at capturing all the troubles and trials that high school teens go through

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy read, February 20, 2013
This review is from: The Truth About Faking (Kindle Edition)
This story has a younger YA feel, but it's an easy and fast read.

I enjoyed the characters and really felt pulled into the teenage world of Harley. A few other things I liked:

- The portrayal of the Harley's mom and dad. They had a great relationship, and it's nice to see that in YA sometimes.
- How Harley's mother stuck up for what she believed--what was right. She didn't take the easy way out, even if there were consequences to face.

I will definitely check out Leigh's other books.

5.0 out of 5 stars adorable read...loved it so!, December 20, 2012
This review is from: The Truth About Faking (Kindle Edition)
Harley didn't know what she was getting herself into when the idea came to her to fake date Jason. She figured that Trent would see her in a different light if she were to be dumped and that he would want to console her. But in just a few short days Harley's plan to get Trent starts becoming a little fuzzy the more time she spends with Jason. So when she does land that date with Trent...is he everything she ever thought he would be? Or will her feelings for Jason overcome her?

Ok, so not going to ramble on like I sometimes do, but just state the facts. This book was too adorable and too sweet and too adorable. Oh wait I said that right? But GAH! It is adorable. I loved every bit of it. It was the perfect book for a lazy day at home and I easily read it in one day. Loved the story line even though some parts were a little easy to figure out...but still thought the author did a great job revealing those parts.

I absolutely 100% adore Jason. I love how he never really gave up on Harley, even when it looked like he did. And Harley was a great character to follow as well. I enjoyed that she was a little awkward at first and actually allowed her friend to pretty much walk all over her in the beginning. Because as the book progressed we see her character, slowly but surely, growing more and more.

Probably my only fault with the book...would love to have had Jason's POV sprinkled in. And really it's not a fault of the book...just a preference I would have liked. Oh to get into his head and see what he is really thinking. I am telling you people...this guy is perfect. Gremlin and all.

So here is what I am thinking when I finished the book....umm, Moore you so need to continue on with these fabulous people. There is so much that could still be told about them. So I will be crossing my fingers hoping you will see this and decide 'hey, Mandy is so right. She is an absolute genius. There is more story to be told.' Right? I'm right aren't I? ;)

Ok, so I lied. I did ramble a bit, not a bunch, just a bit. But hope you got the jest of what I wanted to tell you about this book. It is a must read. And I hope you go grab yourself a copy soon!

3.0 out of 5 stars A good read that kept me interested., October 9, 2012
This review is from: The Truth About Faking (Kindle Edition)

Harley was a sweet girl. She was rather naive and oblivious. Jason was a great guy but kind of a bad influence on Harley. He didn't always respect her decisions and choices. That trait of Jason's kind of bothered me. Harley's parents were sweet, loving, and not afraid to show their love for one another. It was nice to read a YA book where the main character's parents were dysfunctional in some way, shape, or form. I did feel bad for Shelly, Harley's best friend. She just seemed really lost.

Would I recommend it: I would recommend this book, especially if you like contemporary young adult books.

Will I read it again: I will not read this book again.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Autumn Review for The Truth About Faking, September 27, 2012
This review is from: The Truth About Faking (Paperback)
The Truth About Faking was a really sweet story. It's about learning the truth about yourself and accepting others differences. I would say it's perfect for middle grade and high school readers.

Harley was definitely likable, but not someone I could necessarily relate to. Despite her mom being pretty liberal and alternative, I felt like Harley was a bit sheltered. I mean, yes her dad is a preacher, but I felt like he was also not a typical preacher. He seemed more open. Anyway, regardless of her naivety, I felt like she learned some valuable life lessons. I think Jason was the perfect person to come in to her life too. Jason seemed to have a little more life experience, but was patient with Harley. I felt like he helped her feel comfortable with herself and more accepting of others. Jason was my favorite character in the book.

The supporting cast was a big part of the story. I liked her parents and I liked Ricky too. I felt like he was a genuine guy and he seemed to really care about Harley and her family. My heart went out to Trent. He didn't have good support from his family, but he definitely found it in Harley.

While the story was a bit predictable to me, I really did enjoyed it. This cover perfectly represents the book. I love it and it helped me picture them during certain scenes. I think it also represents the innocence of young love and discovery. I'd recommend this book to any pre-teen or teen. It sends a good message about acceptance and trust.

5.0 out of 5 stars YA for adults too!, November 29, 2012
odessa toma (Romania, Europe) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Truth About Faking (Paperback)
Loved the story line, the connect the author made to what kids face and go through. Not much has changed since the beginning of time. We all want to fit in and be liked, and sometimes we bend (or try to) who we really are, usually without success. The Truth About Faking is a good, clean YA novel, that will have you laughing, crying, and thinking. A definite must for your book club & book shelves!

The Truth About Faking