|Amazon Price||New from||Used from|
On March 23, 2010, President Barack Obama signed into law a bill that will lead to the largest expansion of government in the history of the United States. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act was more than 2,400 pages long and will reportedly cost a cool $1 trillion over ten years, give or take a few hundred billion.
But sticker shock is just the beginning. In The Truth about Obamacare, Sally Pipes shows how Obama’s health care reform” will crash into our economy and culture with a tidal wave of regulations that, taken together, will fundamentally alter the way we live, work, and see our doctors. How will all those changes affect you, your family, and your fellow Americans? Pipes goes over the bill with a fine-tooth comb, laying out the specifics of how and why Obamacare:
* will drive the country’s health care bill ever higher, according to the government’s own economists
* empowers bureaucrats to deny coverage of cutting-edge medicines in order to save the government money
* will exacerbate our nation’s shortage of doctorsand in fact, is already causing many to close up shop
* will make health care less affordable by forbidding insurers from offering inexpensive, bare-bones policies
* ratchets up Medicare payroll taxesand adds brand new taxes on incomeinterest, capital gains, and dividends
* achieves every penny of its supposed savings” through a series of legislative and accounting gimmicks
* creates a huge new enforcement bureaucracyincluding 16,000 new IRS agents and an astounding 159 new boards and commissionsto hound taxpayers, businesses, hospitals, doctors, and insurers into compliance
* will still leave 23 million Americans uninsured by 2019, according to the Congressional Budget Office.
Is it too late to stop Obamacare? By no means, argues Pipeswho shows how Americans can, and must, force its repeal. Then, she offers ten principles for real reform that would make health care accessible and affordable for all without destroying individual freedom, quality treatment, medical innovation, and the economy.
Brave attempt, since made obsolete by Obama's propensity for making law without benefit of Congress.Published 13 months ago by Kenneth M. Steele
My first read on OBAMACARE gave me an opportunity to see the real weakness of the healthcare system that Congress passed through the Democrat Party majority.Published 13 months ago by J. T. Foster
The information is needed by the public after this law was manufactured by this administration without the rule of law or congress.Published 18 months ago by scoop
I have been trying to get signed up for insurance since midnight of day one. At first, I was only offered one plan to chose from. So of course I took it. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Xavier Henriquez
At first I found it like same ranting and repeatation of same arguments again and again. Now we know that Obamacare was over sold and lot hidden lies are coming to surface now. Ms. Read morePublished 20 months ago by Bob99
This book hits the highlights of what is wrong with the Health Care law. That is leading to the problems we see today. Read morePublished 21 months ago by 6 eyes
Unsubstantiated claims. Erroneous claims. Out of context claims. Obvious comments made
into big deal. Read more
This book was reviewed at a Women's group. I am an RN & suspected some of these "truths". There was more enlightenment to come as Sally C Pipes comes from Canada & saw... Read morePublished 23 months ago by Sandy Markowski