Published on June 22, 2011 by N. Hart

2.0 out of 5 stars Truth Runs Deep
While the author displays some talent for writing, this book comes across as a book touting political correctness. The impression given in this story is that the author is writing for her own personal agenda. If that is the case, this book certainly does provide a therapuetic outlet for that.
Published 24 months ago by N. Jones

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Thought-provoking, soul-searching book club or Bible study pick!, June 22, 2011
N. Hart (Nashville, TN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Truth Runs Deep (Kindle Edition)
Besides showcasing Callaham's innate story-telling finesse, Truth Runs Deep ties together current controversial topics in society and the Church - both how to love gay Christians (particularly our kids) and how Protestants and Catholics can accept each other into the ecumenical fold. Callaham threads her tale with real, complex characters, stitching past mistakes as a Church body, as a family, and as individuals into a quilt of love.

With heartfelt, poignant moments, Truth Runs Deep draws out thoughtful reflections on the reader's own experience, memories, and values by focusing on bridging the gap of understanding, acceptance, and healing real people and families who are affected throughout America and the world by religious and sexual intolerance.

While a few readers may find that it starts a bit slow and that some of the characters' inner dialogues are similar to each other, the overriding mystery and deep, relevant issues in the Church today pull the reader into the main story, turning page after page to discover the truth behind Father Mario, Sergeant Walker, and the intriguing broken mirror of "society at large" in Hampton, Virginia. This enchanting first novel by Sheila Callaham weaves together an excellent mystery with a thorough understanding of the reality of church politics alongside honest faith and doubt.

This would be a very pertinent and interesting book club or Bible study selection. And, with the author's life coach/facilitator/mediator skills, I think this would be a fascinating and healing study for an evening or day-long author discussion or seminar.

Truth Runs Deep by Sheila Callaham - A truly thought-provoking, soul-searching look at present day issues in the body of Christ and the world.
-N. Hart

5.0 out of 5 stars Rumors, Murder, Scandal and the Catholic Church., March 12, 2012
This review is from: Truth Runs Deep (Kindle Edition)
After speaking to one person, it seems to point the Chief of Police in one direction but he's not so sure now that he's talked to someone else. It takes awhile to discover just what those mysteries are that the chief is privy to but not yet the reader.

Because priests are bound to secrecy in what transpires in a confession, whether in or outside the confessional, it adds an extra dimension to this well-crafted story.

This is one you'll not want to put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars The book was very good. I was suprise when I realized what the ..., August 26, 2014
This review is from: Truth Runs Deep (Kindle Edition)
The book was very good. I was suprise when I realized what the subject was about. However it was written in the best of taste.
I was impressed with the fact that they had resources in the back of the book. I have already told someone about it and showed them the bookcover on my kindle because they want to read it. It is a difficult subject but I must say GREAT JOB!

5.0 out of 5 stars Page Turner!, March 7, 2012
This review is from: Truth Runs Deep (Paperback)
Watch out James Patterson, Sheila Callaham is in town! A must read for people into suspense and mystery. Luckily I had the time to read it all the way through without stopping, because I did not want to put it down once I started reading it. I was intrigued all the way through wondering what else was going to happen. Great job Sheila! I look forward to your next book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Truth Runs Deep, February 9, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars religion or faith in a loving God, December 29, 2013
J. Fiedler "love books" (Hubbard, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Truth Runs Deep (Kindle Edition)
Wrong interpretations of a priests actions. Family murder. Church hypocrisy in the form of a congregant.
What r we doing to our children who r confused. Loving them?
Wise and intuitive chief of police. Very well layed out

5.0 out of 5 stars Truth Runs Deep by Sheila Callaham, March 10, 2012
This review is from: Truth Runs Deep (Paperback)
One of the best books I've ever read. A fabulous suspense that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down. There are many twists and turns that keep you intrigued. The author does a fantastic job of using characters we can relate to. Awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good mystery, January 11, 2013
This review is from: Truth Runs Deep (Kindle Edition)
A very well written suspenseful mystery. It has a great storyline dealing with controversial topics. The characters appear real and complex. I look forward to mory books by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars should be required reading, September 20, 2014
This review is from: Truth Runs Deep (Kindle Edition)
When I started reading this book, I thought it was just another murder mystery. I had no idea that it would delve into such an emotional, controversial issue. Please take time to read this book. I want to say more but I want you to be drawn into this as I was, not knowing. The feelings and truth are very raw and very real.

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay book, February 14, 2013
This review is from: Truth Runs Deep (Kindle Edition)
This book was not as good as I had anticipated. I finished reading it, but was left with the feeling I had wasted a few hours of my life I would never get back.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›