Automotive Holiday Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Cyber Monday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD
Customer Discussions > Truth Of Touch forum

Truth of Touch EP distributed via PBS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 26, 2011 5:31:51 AM PST
ArtSea says:
The Truth of Touch EP CD includes the first 7 tracks and Secret and it's excellent!!!

It's Yanni in a new yet familiar way and there is a "beautiful complexity to the rhythms" as Yanni stated in his Truth of Touch Intro video. I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the tracks when this CD is released and seeing some of them performed at his upcoming concert tour.

Posted on Feb 7, 2011 5:02:48 PM PST
ArtSea says:
I have the Truth of Touch CD and have been listening to all 15 tracks. I love the uplifting feel you get with this album and I highly recommend this CD for all Yanni fans. And if you're not a fan yet, you will be after hearing this album!

Posted on Feb 7, 2011 8:40:54 PM PST
I've had the CD for a couple of days now as I'm on the Yanni Fan club and pre-ordered it. Uh, its okay. The drum machine beat gets kind of tiresome after a while-I don't think there is a single song without it. I am thinking Yanni has turned a corner which is fine with me. He has certainly made his mark on the world with some of his huge masterpieces from the past as showcased in the concerts of which I have all of the DVD's (my favorite is the Yanni Live: The Concert Event). I was curious if he could still write music as in the past, and I'm still not sure... If you are a big Yanni fan as I am, you might appreciate some elements of the new tracks. I'm going to an upcoming concert and am looking forward to hearing his classics though.

In reply to an earlier post on May 25, 2011 6:02:23 PM PDT
I also pre-ordered the CD and love it. I believe Yanni has changed somewhat, but the fundamentals of his music are true to the first Yanni songs I heard. I also have the Yanni Live: The Concert Event and it is my favorite. It could be longer, though. His latest CD was billed as "the Yanni you fell in love with", and it is true. Even bringing in the Voices, he still has the best talent around. The concert this year was in a smaller venue than I'm used to. It was wonderful and completely packed. The diversity of fans is the same, young to old and various ethnic origins. Yanni's music still reaches into my soul. I expected to hear more songs from the Truth of Touch CD, but recognized most of the songs. I was blown away by Storm and, as always, by Yanni and Charlie playing Marching Season. Hoping that he tours again soon, although I do understand that it takes times to compose, then get it transposed from his unique musical shorthand to notes. Then, of course, the core members of his small orchestra work on it to get it right, then they have to get the rest of the group involved. It's no small task, but I hope it's not years before we get to see him tour the US again.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Truth Of Touch forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jan 26, 2011
Latest post:  May 25, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Truth Of Touch
Truth Of Touch by Yanni (Audio CD - 2011)
4.3 out of 5 stars (160)