Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on April 3, 2011
At long last, I can stop searching for my ideal history curriculum. I've found it - TruthQuest History Guide: Middle Ages. The tagline says it all: God initiates ... People respond ... History happens. And that's what we see as we study God's hand through time with the aide of this guide.
TruthQuest History Guide: Middle Ages is not a textbook, and it's not even a method. It is a true learning enabler for the entire family. In each of the ten guides in this series, covering world history from creation to modern times, Michelle provides all we need to research and discuss God's plan for mankind.

Each lesson of TruthQuest History Guide: Middle Ages is overviewed with a short, easy-to-understand synopsis. Michelle explains not only what is happening during this time and who is doing it, but why. And that is the real beauty of this resource. Armed with this understanding - this biblical worldview - before reading on each subject, children can clearly see God's hand at work in history and man's response in acceptance or rejection of Him and His truth. Michelle then lists suggested reading - both "real books" and spine books - and other resources to further explore the topic. Liberally scattered throughout the resource are "ThinkWrite" exercises, designed to stimulate further discussion, focus an essay assignment, or launch creative expression.

I am using TruthQuest History Guide: Middle Ages with my four children, ages 3 to 12. Though I previously considered this the most boring period in history, we now agree this is the most exciting history study we have ever done. We are able to find many of Michelle's recommended resources in our own small suburban library, and I can easily supplement with more books and materials after reading Michelle's informative lessons. The best parts, though, are the deep discussions around the lunch table, in the van, or in the museum, about our history readings. It is humbling to see the great men of the past wrestle with the same issues we face today - sin and flesh, pride and selfishness, authority and submission. How inspiring to see men of faith rise about these challenges, to conquer and overcome (cf. Heb. 12:1).

You can view the entire line of TruthQuest History titles and even download free samples of each book on the website, [...]

The Author - Michelle Miller
Michelle Miller and her husband John have four children and five grandchildren. Michelle is a homeschool veteran and founder of a homeschool library. Michelle founded TruthQuest History in 1995 to teach God's truth to her children and others. You can read more about her, including her statement of faith, at [...]

I received a free copy of TruthQuest History for review from the author, but I plan on purchasing the rest of this excellent series for our history studies from now on. The views expressed are my own.