5.0 out of 5 stars Sit down & get comfy because...
If you are looking for a hot, steamy, quick read, you want this book and you are going to read it in one sitting! Yes, it is a short one but it packs a wicked punch! You won't want to put it down. Get good and comfy before you start.

Published on June 27, 2012 by Bionic Elbow brakes for books

3.0 out of 5 stars Incomplete download?
Published on July 12, 2012 by Imouton

5.0 out of 5 stars Sit down & get comfy because..., June 27, 2012
This review is from: Try Me (One Night with Sole Regret Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

I grabbed "Try Me" after reading a few convincing tweets from my bookish friends and let me just say I was not disappointed. A head's up, the sex is graphic and maybe a little risque for some people. But if you like your men with tats, a little bit of metal (not just talking the musical variety), and hot in the bedroom, then you'll enjoy this read.

I will definitely be keeping my eyes out for what is in store for the band members of Sole Regret and I will be scampering off to purchase some of Ms. Cunning's other works.

Happy reading!

3.0 out of 5 stars Incomplete download?, July 12, 2012
I am a BIG fan of the Sinner's books and was beside myself to find this new series! Rockstar? Check! Tatts? Check! Hot chemistry? Oooohhh yeah! And then nothing. It just ended. I actually thought that I might have received an incomplete download of the book. I mean, there should have at least been more than a one night stand for this to be a love ever after ~ right??? Great start ~ Dismal end. If you loved Backstage Pass then you will enjoy this book but don't expect to receive the same satisfaction at the end of this book. You will be left hanging!

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes you want to beg for more, June 27, 2012
Talie (Northern CA) - See all my reviews
I'm a complete Sinners fan so of course Try Me was an automatic buy for me. A little shorter than the Sinners books, Try Me is about one night (and morning) with Melanie and Gabe. In the novella (long novella but I'd still consider it a novella) we get a quick intro to the members of the band as well Melanie and her friend Nikki. As I've come to expect from Cunning the sex scenes are hot and the interactions with the characters are fun to watch.

I can't wait to watch this series develop!

3.0 out of 5 stars Sexy Rocker read, December 20, 2013
In general I am not really into the Rockstar Romances. A friend happened to have the first three books of the is series on audiobook, so I thought why not give it a go.

The story was surprisingly fun and engaging. I like Melanie, she is a down to earth girl and really snarky! I loved her dynamic with Gage. They were super fun together and the banter was terrific.

This is a really short read but it sets things up very nicely. I am intrigued by the other bad members and what will happen to each of them. I am also really interested in the way each couples story is told in three separate parts and the other guys books interconnect. Really clever for drawing in series readers who must know what happens next, like myself!

The sexy scenes are very delicious! Oh boy, they will get you panting for relief! The second smexy section when they play with the toys is my favorite!! Man does that boy know his stuff!

The narrator, Justine O. Keef, does a great job of bringing the story to life. She has a soothing tone that draws you in. I can only hope the other books in the series end up on audio as well!! It is a really great guilty pleasure escape to listen to while doing boring tasks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Release your inner vixen ..., June 28, 2012
'Vixen' sounds nicer, but 'slut' might be more accurate here. And it was fun and naughty to read this novella and pretend to be Melanie, getting it on with one hot and hunky rock star. She goes to a concert and ends up horizontal with the band's drummer. Man, was Gabe so fine, deliciously sexy in every way. Nipple piercing, a red and black mohawk, tats on his body as well as his scalp. Tell me that kind of bad boy doesn't get you going. But for Mel, Gabe just wasn't her type. Or so she thought, until she let go her misguided fear and assumptions about "tattooed metal-head freaks" and decided to try something new, different and exciting.

And in the process, Mel meets a really great guy, sweet, hot as hell, and he's just a little kinky and bad in the best of ways. I loved him and wanted more time with the sexy man. During one short night, Gabe and Mel make a physical connection that could be something more maybe. The way the story leaves off, I see them hooked on each other and wanting a lot more than just that one night. I see potential for them as a couple. I definitely want to read stories about the rest of the band as well, and I guess that's when I'll see Gabe and Mel again. There are some nice teases about what the other bad boys in the band will get up to in this series.

TRY ME is Book 1 in the Sole Regret series. It's a shorter story, a novella, about a one night stand, and there isn't a sure HEA spelled out clearly here. It's listed as erotica, so it's loaded with hot, naughty sex. Read TRY ME if you're looking for some gritty, erotic m/f sex with a sweet and tatted bad boy. Add in some dirty talk and some inventive sex toys, and I ended up feeling as if my own bad girl got loose for the night, bagged the drummer and didn't care who knew it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Smutty & Fluffy., February 20, 2013
Not a bad first start for this series. I would have liked it to be longer, but seeing as it's a novella I shouldn't have expected a long, dragged out story, but a hell of a lot of fluff and romance. I will say that this series has nothing on Cunning's Sinner's books, which features the same type of musicians - rock stars. But there's more of a story in those books and they're waaaay hotter.

The best thing about this story for me was the fact that even though Gabe, the drummer of Sole Regret, is this big rock star, he's a physics nerd. Total win. I never would have thought that a guy who had tattoos on the side of his head and a mo-hawk dyed black and red would be a science nerd. I guess the old saying is right: Never judge a book by its cover. *ahem* But I do appreciate how Cunning wrote Gabe's character in this book. I liked all the guys so far. They all seem to have "issues" that they haven't dealt with as yet, so I'm looking forward to reading more about them in the upcoming novellas.

Okay, so let me break it down for you. Melanie, the protag, is dragged along to a Sole Regret concert by her bff, Nikki, who's into musicians. Nikki wants to hook up with the band's lead singer, Shade, so Melanie does what most gullible best friends do, and goes along to look out for her wayward friend.

In the process we learn that Melanie had a run-in with some bikers when she was a teen and it left her emotionally scarred and so now she's absolutely terrified of dudes with tattoos and piercings. So when she meets Gabe at the band's after party and he's dressed like a normal guy, she's not afraid to take a chance on him. Though even when she does find out who he is, she isn't afraid of him and his ink and such. She's just totally attracted to his hot bod.

Now, ya see, this I can understand, to a degree. In this beginning of the book Melanie seemed to panic every time she spotted a guy in the audience at the concert who sported even the slightest amount of ink or had a piercing, so I was a little confused as to how all of her fears just went out the window as soon as she met Gabe - a stranger. One of the guys she was basically judging while watching them perform on stage. She wondered why people would ruin their features with tattoos and piercings, so forgive me for being a little skeptical, mkay?

Also, I have to comment on the couple of grammatical errors present. Incomplete sentences and missing words that I had to fill in on my own. I can't lie, That actually bugged me quite a bit. It would bug me if I did it myself.

Overall I'd give this a solid 3 stars because it was a total fluff piece, but I liked it. What I didn't like I mentioned above, but also the ending was rather abrupt and felt rather rushed. All in all, I will be reading the next in the series. And if you're a fan of fluff pieces with hot, tatted, pierced musicians, then pick it up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Teasing never seemed like fun....until now., June 27, 2012
Olivia Cunning wrote another great story about another rock band.

Try Me takes us to a Sole Regret concert where Nikki is dragging Melanie around, trying to get backstage to meet the band. Nikki wants to get it on with their lead singer, and Melanie is there to keep her safe. Melanie meets a regular looking guy, Gabe, at the concert after party.

What Melanie doesn't know is that Gabe is a part of the band, who she really doesn't know a whole lot about. Gabe is taken to her right away. Melanie gets him to open up, which in turns opens up a night to some amazing sex!

Can Gabe and Melanie survive after just one night together?

This is a shorter story than what we are used to from Olivia Cunning, but boy does she know how to tease us with it. I am looking forward to the next book in the series!

4.0 out of 5 stars Another sexy, fun and kinky rockstar series..., October 29, 2014
I absolutely LOVED the Sinner's On Tour series...so of course I wanted to read this first free preview of Olivia Cunning's new series. I am not a big fan of the novellas when you have to buy one after the other to get a complete book length story, but this small taste was awesome.
We are introduced to all the band members as two friends, Melanie and Nikki hook up with Shades and Gabe for a night of raucous fun filled with steamy sex.
The story mainly deals with Gabe and Melanie...a girl who fears guys with tats and piercings but makes an exception when she gets to see a side of Gabe that is deeper than what she expected. They have similar tastes and her sense of adventure in the bedroom is exactly what Gabe needs and it looks like one night together might not be enough.
Ends with an open-ended story...no real HEA for Melanie yet, but maybe that will come down the road as there looks to be many books in this series.

**** 4 **** "sexy, creative and kinky"stars

2.0 out of 5 stars Eh, May 29, 2013
Its ok. Lots of sex but not much else really. If you just want something with sex in it then this is good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Short to Tell, January 3, 2013
I bought this book despite the number of reviews that complained about the length of it. I should have known better. I was enjoying the story but it was way too short to actually develop into anything meaingful. And I dont think I can move past feeling ripped off for paying 3.99 for a 60 min read. I am too jaded to buy the sequel.