Facility Spring Cleaning Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more
Trying to decide between Sony RX100 and Canon G15/My 12 yr old Sony needed $165 repair and was time to say goodbye?
asked by Theresa R. Cobb on December 3, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 answers
A
Just my opinion: The Canon is a tougher camera, but the Sony is smaller and takes better pictures. At high ISO, in particular, the Sony's bigger sensor will give you better color and less noise. If you can't live without a viewfinder, then the tunnel on the Canon is better than you think it would be. The Canon also offers high speed movies and a better lens for true macro work. If you are looking just at real world image quality, though, the Sony is clearly better.
D. Hardison answered on December 4, 2012
Comments (4) | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Paul Noble answered on December 4, 2012
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
SomeGuy answered on December 4, 2012
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Chu Tieu answered on December 4, 2012
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The best camera is always the camera you have with you. If you think you can carry the Cannon everywhere, and you prefer switches and dials to menue controls, and image quality is not a big issue, go for the Cannon. My choice is to get a 3" 'Hoodman' (search on Amazon) which lets you shoot outdoors in daylight with a better view than any DSLR with the Sony, and the Sony gives you more image control and creative options.
John D. Barr answered on December 4, 2012
Comments (3) | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I really like the Sony, I takes really great pictures. The Canon does have an eye level view finder which is a plus. And it is less expensive. The Sony is very compact and I have an ever ready leather case that makes it easy to carry around and looks like my old 35mm camera. The Sony reviews were very complimentary calling it the professional's choice for a carry-around camera. And I agree with D. Hardison's review below. If you can let me know which one you buy. jecollier@comcast.net
Jack Collier answered on December 4, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The Sony is probably the best compact camera you can buy. Beautiful images, great exposure latitude and excellent control. Justake sure you get a screen protector for the rear LCD screen. It will scratch.
Torv Carlsen answered on December 4, 2012
Comment (1) | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The larger sensor on the Sony undoubtedly makes it a superior camera, it is the only camera in it's size class with such a sensor. This is what you are paying for in a digital camera (no longer the lens, but the sensor), the picture quality is based on the sensor size. The Sony does not feel rugged, but if you had your last camera for 12 years, I suspect you took good care of it.
Brian answered on December 4, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The Sony RX100 has a bigger sensor, is significantly smaller, and will take better photos especially in low light. The Canon has an optical viewfinder. That is the only advantage for Canon here.
Snorkeling answered on December 9, 2012
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Scott answered on January 12, 2013
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product