Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel forum

Trying the wheel to drive... in non-racing games?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 20, 2012 8:02:42 PM PDT
Anyone tried used the wheel in non-racing gams that feature driving?

Like GTA, Saint's Row, Just Cause? Like playing the game with the controller, and after you get into a car, you turn the controller off and the wheel on?

I'll try it in Just Cause 2 and whatever else i can.

Posted on May 25, 2012 8:25:39 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 25, 2012 8:26:25 PM PDT
Tried with Just Cause 2.

Used the controller, as soon as i got into a car i turned it off and powered the Speed Wheel. It mostly works, but there's a deadzone (to be expected, since it's a controller game), and the Wheel is only decent while you're driving. If you ever feel like jumping off the vehicle and using the hook and so on, you won't have the bumpers or full control of your character. So, as a novelty, it's "ok" and that's it.

This should work better with games where you ONLY drive when you get into a car - games where you don't have to aim your gun or do anything else whiole driving your car. I hope the Wheel is usable in Sleeping Dogs, as driving seems to be a big part of that open-world game. It'll require shooting, though.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  May 20, 2012
Latest post:  May 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel
Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel by Microsoft Software (Xbox 360)
4.1 out of 5 stars (511)