Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Customer Discussions > State of Fear forum

Tsunami? [spoilers]

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 11, 2007 6:20:10 PM PDT
I still don't get how a tsunami would support the global warming cause. I mean, all the seismic institutes would believe that the wave that hit California was caused by an earthquake, not by warming.

Also, did anyone else think the end was too abrupt? I was left wondering what happened to Nick Drake and his people.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2008 10:22:07 AM PDT
Well, this really relates more to the story, than to the theory of global warming. That said, I would suggest that the tsunami was planned and executed to be an example Extreme Climate Change, which is what the characters from NERF were actually promoting, since they were having trouble selling the concept of global warming itself. The "bad guys" in the story (NERF and the enviro-goons) were trying to create extreme natural disasters to support the public's belief in their cause, and it probably wasn't unreasonable to assume that if some environmental disaster like a tsunami hit Southern California, and they and the media all blamed it on Extreme Climate Change, that people would tend to believe it.

And as to the ending being a little abrupt, I would agree with that. There could have been a more satisfying end to Nick and his enviroterroists.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  State of Fear forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Oct 11, 2007
Latest post:  Jun 8, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
State of Fear
State of Fear by Michael Crichton (Audio Cassette - December 6, 2004)
3.5 out of 5 stars (2,124)