3,090 Reviews
 (2,270)

5.0 out of 5 stars Certainly makes one think.
This book is a best seller and continues to stay on the best seller list because in my opinion most people down deep understand the truth of Morrie's basic philosophy that people living exclusively in a materialistic world generally do so to replace what they feel is missing from their lives even though they may not be consciously aware, at the moment, of what...
Published on April 18, 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Moving, But Too Brief To Be Useful
It's difficult, and perhaps unkind, to say anything negative about this book. Morrie Schwartz showed a remarkable courage facing his difficult death, and Mitch Albom cares a great deal about Morrie. Morrie's words ring true, and if we all followed them, we'd be better off. But too little space (and depth) is devoted to each idea, and too little recognition is given...
Published on October 29, 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful and Inspiring Story, November 28, 1999
This is an incredible story of a young man trying to find meaning in this fast-paced world which does not allow for time to think about what is really important. Mich Albom actually came to my temple to speak and I was so inspired by his story of his old college professor, Morrie, that I ran to buy the book. Once I began reading, I found that I couldn't put the book down! I have been searching for the meaning in my life for a long time and this book truly helped me to get my priorities straight. All in all, it is well written. Mich Albom brings Morrie's personality and wisdom to life. I came out of reading the book feeling that I really knew Morrie and I was at his side listening to him. Please do not hesitate to buy this wonderful book. It incorporates a true, beautiful story and life's most important lessons.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book of Love and Personal Transformation, December 7, 1999
Scott Wieder (North Plainfield, NJ) - See all my reviews
Tuesdays with Morrie is a must read for anyone who has a pulse! The life lessons contained within are enlightening and very relevant to the crazy world we live in today. I salute the spirit of Morrie Schwartz and envy the transformation of Mitch Albom.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Friend, a Advice Giver, and A Teacher. All in One, May 16, 2002
By A Customer
Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson by: Mitch Albom. Is a really great book for anyone that is looking for something that can help him or her through life when it gets hard. Tuesday�s with Morrie starts off as a teacher who watches his student Mitch through college and then Mitch watches his teacher struggle through a life threatening dieses.
I rated this book a five out of five because I think it is a book that every person it the world should read some time in his or her life. It helps you get a view on how much life is good, how some people waste their lives, and how people can enjoy the time they have on Earth. I thought that it helps me understand that death isn�t a bad thing, but a good thing especially if you have lived the life that you wanted to. It helps people understand that death isn�t always a bad things and good things can come from it.
It helps you understand how important life is to us. When Morrie was dying he explained why we should do what we dream of doing and make sure we get a chance to do things that we want to before we are on our death bed. I think that live was given to us to live it the way we want to and not the way others want us to live it.
This also goes along with the first reason but we should be able to enjoy what we like doing on Earth. Even if it means you have to be in a bed to enjoy it. Other people shouldn�t take that right away from you. You are you and that is the only person that can boss you around.
Some people on this planet that we call Earth. They just want to screw up their lives and in the book Morrie does a good job of doing that. But I will let you read it and not spoil it. They want to waste themselves with using things and not doing anything with there lives.
These are all reasons why I think this book should be read by everyone in the world.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recipes for a Full Life, December 1, 1999
I read this book in one day. It's not brilliant literature, but it's not a new-agey touchy feely tearjerker either. Anyone who has ever had a special teacher, or hero, or anyone you've ever looked up to, will appreciate this labor of love. The author receives and records simple but precious pearls of wisdom from a great teacher conducting his last class before he dies.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Total Reorganization of Priorities, November 29, 1999
By A Customer
EVERYONE should read this book. EVERYONE should have their own copy, so that they can highlight parts that they can read over and over again. This book makes you take a good hard look at yourself, and all of the REALLY important things in your life become crystal clear. I loved this book, and plan on having all of those that I love, read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars One to be shared, February 15, 2000
My husband and I saw the made-for-television movie "Tuesdays with Morrie" and decided we needed to check out the book. I'm glad we did. The story was so touching it brought me to tears at times, and made me smile at others. But, more importantly, it made me think about my life and those I share it with, reminded me how much I have to be thankful for, and helped highlight where my priorities might need adjusting.
The humble and inspiring story of Mitch and Morrie is shared in such a way that each sadness, each joy, each discomfort and each pleasure could be felt.
Beautiful story beautifully told.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's OK to Feel, April 14, 2000
This is a great book for anyone, but I found it especially appealing for me as a man. Society dictates and brainwashes men to believe that feelings are "weak"; particularly sadness or grief. To be a "strong" man, you can't ever cry or shed a single tear...so society would have us men believe.
The fact of the matter is, though, that society is dead wrong. It's the *weak* man that never cries and the strong man who is fully in touch with his emotions - and fully able to express them.
And that's what this book deals with...the necessity for expression of feelings in order to fully experience life. Don't be misled by the book's size. It may be short, but that's part of the book's beauty. I was amazed at the simplicity of this book - bite-sized chapters make for a very easy read, but each one is full of important life lessons.
Morrie, the book's subject and a retired college professor, speaks frankly and tenderly to Mitch, an ex-student of his. And over the course of Morrie's last 14 weeks on Earth, he brings Mitch back from the frantic, frenzied mindset of today's materialistic society. He teaches Mitch to feel again...that it's OK to be mad, it's OK to be sad, it's OK to cry.
Morrie was a profoundly loving man who faced his certain death with a triumphant optimism. He loved fully, and thank God he left us with this book of wisdom. Mitch Alborn has truly painted an amazing portrait of courage, hope, and inspiration.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book that will make you think about your life., October 11, 2000
L. Wallach (Virginia, USA) - See all my reviews
I read this book after hearing so many good things about it and the TV movie based on it. It's a very quick read - I finished it in two days, which is unheard of for me! The book is basically about Morrie Schwartz, a history professor at Brandeis University, who has been diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) and is dying. A former student, Mitch Albom, who had become a fairly well known sports writer, heard about his teacher from an interview with Ted Koppel on Nightline and decided to pay a visit. This visit soon turned into regular meetings - on Tuesdays - since at the time there was a strike at Albom's newspaper. Albom plots Morrie's declining health, which is quite depressing, but at the same time imparts Morrie's wisdom. One definitely can get a sense of what the important things in life are from someone who has little left, but Morrie is particularly eloquent and seems to carry an upbeat dignity to the end. Sometimes it takes the wisdom of a dying man to jog us enough to realize that human relationships and health are more important than all the gadgets, modern conveniences, pressures to get ahead professionally and monetarily combined. This is just the main point that Morrie starts "teaching" Albom and getting through to someone who, like many of us from time to time, have gotten obsessed with the real trivialities of life. The only complaint I have about this book is that it wasn't longer. I wanted to take more time and savor the wisdom and sweetness of this old man, but, like his illness's swiftness, reading the book seemed to go by all too quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seeing Through The Eyes of A Dying Man, January 16, 2000
Slow down in life, cherish all of what God has given us, We are not here on earth forever, love, show kindness, See through a different pair of eyes.
These are but only a few lessons that I have always known to be right. You just get caught up in the game of life and every now and then need a reminder that life is too short and we are here only but a short while.
Thank you Mitch, Thank you Morrie, for taking the time to share your beautiful journey.
I shed many tears when I read this book, because it reminded me of my relationship that I currently have with my father. Every Tuesday for the past year, we have met together in a prayer group through our church and than we spend most of the morning together...Sharing our thoughts and inner most feelings with each other. I thank God for the many blessings.
Thank you...Inspiring.....

5.0 out of 5 stars The Story of a Teacher, December 14, 1999
Tuesday's with Morrie is a quick and enlightening read that allows the reader a real chance to scrap off the many unimportant layers of the world that we waste our time in. Although this is a book that deals with the death of a great mentor this it is most importantly a life affirming story. For anyone who has had that tugging feeling that there is more to life than a sixty hour work week - this book is for you. Read it to remember that cultivating the mind and spirit is as important as anything you will ever do. Morrie Schwartz was first and last a teacher. There is no higher honor.

Tuesdays with Morrie: An Old Man, a Young Man, and Life's Greatest Lesson