5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie

3.0 out of 5 stars Spend Time With Morrie
Published on September 29, 2001 by Barry

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, May 22, 2001
By A Customer
In the movie Tuesdays With Morrie, Mitch (Hank Azaria) is a successful sportswriter who suddenly learns that one of his old professors, Morrie (Jack Lemmon) is ill. Mitch visits Morrie and the two form an emotional bond, allowing Mitch to see what is really important in life. Tuesdays With Morrie is categorized as a drama but it does contain some funny parts and some sports. Some things that Morrie said made me laugh. They show Mitch at sporting events and press conferences. Mitch ends up flying 700 miles to Boston from Detroit every Tuesday to visit his dying professor. Mitch feels bad the first time he goes to visit Morrie because he had not talked to Morrie for 16 years after he said that he would keep in touch at his graduation at Brandeis University. At the end of the movie, Morrie finally got Mitch to open up and cry. He also got Mitch to talk about what he was afraid of in life. He taught Mitch a lot about living and about dying. Tuesdays With Morrie is an easy flowing movie and it is very simple to understand. It is a movie for people of all ages. The actors, especially Jack Lemmon, do an exceptional job playing their roles in the movie. The book and the movie are almost identical. There are not really any major differences between the book and the movie. One of the differences is that in the book Janine is Mitch's wife and in the movie Janine is Mitch's girlfriend. I think that Tuesdays With Morrie was a very good movie. It made me think of what is important in life, including friends and family. This movie changed my outlook on life. It made me realize what is most important in life and how I need to treat people, especially my elders. I think the theme of this movie was to get people to treat people better, with dignity and respect. I think that anybody that watches this movie will leave happier and with a better understanding about life and how to treat others.

5.0 out of 5 stars great movie, September 10, 2004
Naomi Winkel (Harbor Beach,Mi) - See all my reviews
This was one of the best movies I've ever seen. It teaches people that it is better to dwell on living than on dying. It was so moving that even my dad enjoyed the movie.

3.0 out of 5 stars Spend Time With Morrie, September 29, 2001
Tuesdays With Morrie is a heartwarming tear inducing film. I don't normally watch made for TV films, but this one is a special exception. Hank Azaria plays Mitch Albom, a sportswriter who learns his favorite college professor, Morrie, played by the late Jack Lemmon, is dying. Mitch feels awful because he said he would keep in touch with Morrie after college, but never did. Mitch decides to keep his promise and to finally go see his dying teacher. Morrie recommends that the two start to see each other every tuesday. Mitch records their visits to get Morrie's view of things on tape. This is a very good movie. What makes this movie is that it's real. This is true. The two stars give incredible performances. It is sad and heartbreaking that Mr. Lemmon is no longer with us. legends with grace, class, and style, are a dime a dozen these days. He gives one of his best performances here ever. Hank Azaria is very good too. The end scene with the two was priceless. You need to see this. If you like these movies, then Morrie is for you. Very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars In praise of a wonderful movie, July 28, 2001
Don Osterman (Windsor, Colorado) - See all my reviews
I think this movie was superbly written and the actors did a fantistic job of telling this tragic story as it really is in true life. I lost my wife of 29 years to this horrible disease. At times it was extremly difficult to watch. Unlike Morrie, my wife gave up on life when she recieved her diagnosis on Nov 17 of last year. I was her only caregiver and I could relate to everything in this movie. The main difference was that my wife was unable to speak and her memory was going by the wayside. I would recommend this movie to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best!, February 26, 2000
Amy L (Michigan, USA) - See all my reviews
If you watch this movie, you have to read the book too! It is a wonderfull story that will enlighten your life and make you cry like you wouldn't believe! The cast is great! All I have to say is, buy, buy, buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Adaptation of the Book, July 3, 2001
By A Customer
This is the movie adaptation of the best-selling book, describing the final lesson a dying professor gave to a favorite student of his, now a sport reporter with a lot of questions in his life. Incorporates many of the anecdotes Morrie told in the book, with a few changes and omissions. First, in the movie person Janine is Mitch's girlfriend, while in the book he already married her. Second, a few events in Morrie's life that I think were very touching were ommitted, like the time he worked in the mental hospital and made a difference in the lives of some of the patients, his role in ending a possibly violent demonstration at Brandeis during the Vietnam War, etc. But overrall it's a good adaptation of the book. Jack Lemmon played did an excellent job in playing Morrie (in a role that turned up to be his last). Definetely a thumbs up!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A True Story That Will Tug at Your Heartstrings, October 22, 2006
This review is from: Tuesdays With Morrie (DVD)
This movie is wonderful. Although it didn't exactly make me cry, it did touch me in a sentimental way. I fell in love with Morrie. He is such a sweet guy, and his story is an inspiration to everyone. I was greatly impressed by how he chose to make the most of his life, even though fate had handed him a death sentence. He made up his mind that he wasn't going to sit around and feel sorry for himself; he was going to make his final days as happy and pleasant as is entirely possible, and I really admire that.

I was also pleased with the effect Morrie had on his old college student, Mitch. Mitch learns to appreciate life's little surprises, and to not be in such a big rush all the time. He learns to relax and smell the roses, to let go of old grudges, to value the people in his life, and he even learns to allow himself to cry.

My most favorite scene is where Mitch actually breaks down and bawls, and Morrie takes him in his arms and the two men embrace each other. This scene is without a doubt the most moving one in the entire film. Although it's the last time that Mitch ever sees Morrie alive, it's still very sweet and poignant. The ending is pretty sad, but it's also happy at the same time. Morrie is gone, yet his legacy lives on.

I recommend this movie to anyone, of any gender, of any age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tuesdays with Morrie, March 31, 2000
This is the best movie I have ever seen! It was sad accepting that he was going to die, but after hearing the words that Morrie said you look at death from the other end. It's very sad that it is true, but he is on a better place now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Book and Movie, March 11, 2005
This review is from: Tuesdays With Morrie (DVD)
I enjoyed the book 'Tuesdays with Morrie', I had to get the movie, I was not disppointed. I have recommended this book and movie to everyone I know. This book and movie showed me how to appreciate my family, life, and the simple things in life. At my job (a major university)I recommend this book to the annual 'Books that Inspire' committee and it will be put on display with my essay why this book inspired me. The only thing I have found wrong has nothing to do with the movie but the movie cover; it boast of four emmy awards, but from my research it only received three (picky, picky or my research was incomplete). It still receives 5 stars from me because the cover does not count.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptionally a Great Movie!, February 22, 2005
This review is from: Tuesdays With Morrie (DVD)
The movie- Tuesdays with Morrie is exceptionally great. I read the book and listen to the audio cds but nothing compares than watching it in DVD. Tears rolled down in my eyes everytime Morrie talks. Love, Forgiveness, Regret, Death etc... "If you learn how to die, the youll learn how to live" is one of the most powerful lines in the movie. Jack Lennon is in his best. The story really touched my heart and moved my soul. A movie for everyone and will sure change your life forever.

Tuesdays With Morrie
Tuesdays With Morrie by Mick Jackson (DVD - 2003)
$49.75