100%
Tufano & Giammarese
Format: MP3 MusicChange
Price:$8.99

on October 8, 2012
I have been trying to find a digital version of this recording for years and I am so glad to see that it is now available in the MP3 format. I own the vinyl album purchased new in 1973. I had never heard of the duo before then but a record shop owner was playing the album in her store and I immediately fell in love with the sweet harmonies sung against delicate acoustic arrangements, especially when I heard their slow, ballad-like rendition of the Beatles' "I'm a Loser". Simply beautiful. I think John Lennon and Paul McCartney would approve of this version. The artists carefully deliver the melody and lyrics with such tender care you would think the song was their own. In so doing they reveal an emotional facet of the song not heard on the Beatles' original recording. The album works together as a whole by scattering upbeat songs like "Music Everywhere" and "Rise Up" among softer ones such as the dreamy "Here We Are" and the gentle-handed exhortation of "Communicate". On the whole the album is modern folk-pop with vocals that are comparable to the work of Seals and Crofts during that same era of the early '70's. Sprinkled throughout the mix are harmonicas, bongos and a little steel guitar but the vocals dominate the songs showcasing the singers' own unique harmony. This album does not resemble the 60's brass-driven sound of the Buckinghams, the group both Tufano and Giammarese had sung and played with before forming this vocal duo. If you enjoy good singing and beautiful melodies and prefer the more substantial content of James Taylor over the vapid, two-dimensional cartoon crooning of Pat Boone you may enjoy this music.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again