Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on March 22, 2012
Purchased this line at the same time as the Tuff Stuff 12,500# winch. Contrary to an other review a 3/4" pin shackle DOES fit the eye of this rope, perhaps they made a change. Also while it does compare in price to the ProMark rope the ratings differ because the ProMark rope is 5/16" (1/16" thinner) and therefore lower rated.
Concerning the thickness, this rope is quite thick. It completly fills the drum on my winch to the point of rubbing the cross bars, something to consider. I have not yet spooled on the line under load so this may change.
Honestly this line is overkill for a winch in the 12,000# range but the price was right and I won't have to worry about line breakage.
I read on an ozzie 4X4 site to attach synthetic winch lines with a clove hitch before mounting the eye to the drum. This makes sense as syn line has much less friction to grip the drum. Therefore this is the mounting method I recommend.

UPDATE:
I have now spooled the line on the winch while under load. It made a significant difference in the thickness of the rope. Now with the line fully in I can get my whole hand between the rope and crossbars. This allows for extra room should the line not spool perfectly due to off angle pulls (which happens in real world recovery situations).
on November 5, 2012
The box I received this rope in was labeled "12,500 pounds breaking strength". Considering a loose safety factor of 2x, this would be good for a 6000 pound winch. My 9500-pound Milemarker may be able to break it, not sure.

The price is unbeatable, nearly half of the competition. And much of the competition doesn't actually rate their rope other than to say "suitable for 6000 to 9000 pound winches" (for a 3/8 x 100 for example).

Another major flaw, the hook which is included (non-removable, you must saw it off) is clearly marked "WLL 2T" - - working load limit 2 tons or 4000 pounds. Would have been 4 stars rated, except I have to buy a better hook.

I guess I'll try it and hope it doesn't break when I need it the most. At least a synthetic line won't kill everybody standing around when it breaks. Sure worth a gamble at $129.
on April 25, 2013
This is an excellent choice to replace wire rope on Jeep /Light Truck applications, removing a significant amount of weight on the front end. One of the most significant advantages of Dyneema is the fact that a break under dynamic load results in an instantaneous loss of stored energy. A rope snap drops both ends to the ground rather than the common and extremely dangerous 'snap back' associated with a wire rope break. Well worth the price (itself a VERY attractive feature of this purchase!)...!
on April 9, 2013
Works great! Used it for the first time over the weekend while cutting down trees, very strong rope and no problems with the hook. Just a heads up the hook is not detachable unless cut off.

Easy install!
on August 3, 2011
Great line, tow hook from my steel cable fit no problem. Bit of a tip: remember to spool it under load (I ran my Titan up a slight incline) or you will get a massive knot when you use it under heavy load the first time. You won't be sorry if you purchase.
on March 1, 2014
Quality of the rope looks okay. Mine did NOT include a hook and the chafe guard is not as shown. Instead of a heavy duty nylon chafe guard its a cheap neoprene. Not sure if I will keep it or return it yet.
on September 15, 2010
good deal for the money top notch stuff that i didn't expect for the price

See 1 answered question