Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation Learn more

🎥 Video review. 🎥

Pros:
✅ It actually works.
✅ Very sturdy.
✅ Well designed; good placement of the two zippers, hood stays on, and reinforced knees and butt are a good idea.
✅ Fits with rain boots perfectly.
✅ Handy waterproof bag is excellent for storing the muddy overalls.
✅ Like the pink color.

Cons:
🍅 I wish they made a size for a 6'1" 165 lb male.

5/5 stars. Absolute must for any toddler who plays in the rain.
on August 3, 2015
So glad that we purchased this raingear. Its been perfect. Living in Alaska has its perks but foraging with a toddler was setting up to be a challenge with inadequate raingear always being the nail in the coffin. Blueberries were picked 30 minutes at a time until these arrived. Just last night we spent 2.5 hours picking in light rain. Dry and comfortable she stayed. We got the 12 month size and they fit well with plenty of extra room for warm clothes over our small 16 month old daughter. Will be buying additional sizes as she grows. Strong seams, convenient carry bag, comfortable and dry.
review image
on April 21, 2011
Absolutely love the Tuffo Muddy Buddy overalls. I cannot say enough. My son was size 24mos - 2T so I ordered the 3T knowing he would be drowning in it. But it still fit because of the elastic wrists and ankles and the material is not bulky. Sure he looks like a huge yellow M&M. (My husband calls it a hazmat suit.) It's really safe - motorists can easily spot him on the gloomiest of days. The double zips make it quick to get in and out. The seams are taped and there are short storm flaps behind the zippers. My son would not wear a snowsuit this past winter. I wasted a bit of money trying different snowsuits/snow pants but nothing doing. So I put an extra layer of fleece on him and zipped the Tuffo Muddy Buddy Overalls over, paired with snow boots, velcro-close mittens and hat. He loved the snow after that. Now that he's size 3T - 4T it still fits! We go out every day rain or shine. Even for a rainy day at the beach it was perfect! The elastic bottoms are a little tough to get over his size 9/10T rain boots but they stay put and he doesn't get any water in even with vigorous splashing. He pulls his hands into the sleeves to keep them out of the rain. He doesn't sweat/overheat in it and it doesn't leak. He's always dry when we take it off. I think the material feels funny to him because he prefers a baseball cap on his head with the hood over. Definately buying the next size when this one gets too small. Wish they had adult sizes!
on August 9, 2013
This is the third time I have got this rain gear for my daughter, and I am bummed that I can't get a larger one the next time she grows out of it. Both of her preschool class teachers so far (she will start KG in this new one) have said hers is the best rain gear, and she is the only one fully prepared to play outside in inclement weather. One of them is planning to invest in enough of them to cover her whole class out of her discretionary fund. The Tuffo Muddy Buddy is generously sized, but with elasticized ankles and wrists, a child can easily wear it through a couple of sizes of clothing.
on May 2, 2013
These are my favorite and an Alaska must-have. We have long wet winters and predominately wet summers. It has been so nice to suit up my kiddos in these and forgo the whining about their pants getting wet (with the usual raincoat only). Roomy enough to wear a warm coat underneath. The elastic goes around the boots nice and tight in fact we've had several times where the feet slipped out of the boot but feet stayed nice and dry because the elastic kept ahold of the boot. Machine washable is a nice feature and the waterproof seams really work and the hood is elasticized and has a brim to keep the water off their face. Same as others have mentioned, no holes or wear they just outgrow and get a bigger size.
on February 8, 2013
I bought this in a size 2T for my 18 month old thinking he would grow into it. The first time he wore it he came back soaking wet. After some investigation, it seems like it's condensation from his hot little body on the inside. I'm not sure if having a smaller suit that fit him better would help with that.

My little guy likes wearing it and it does the trick to keep him clean and dry. We haven't had any super muddy days yet, but with Spring right around the corner I'm sure we'll get to put it through it's paces soon.

**Update: After a super muddy late spring, this product got put through its paces and it worked like a dream. My son would come back COVERED in mud. He would literally sit and play in the mud puddles and I could hose him off in the backyard, take the Buddy off and he was good to go. I would recommend getting a "true" size. They're bigger than normal clothes so that they'll fit over. If your kid wears a 2T, I'd say buy the 2T, not the 3T. Happy Mudding!
on October 24, 2014
These are very roomy which is great because the kids can wear jackets underneath to stay warm. They are also lightweight enough for spring and summer days. The style is adorable and even looks cute if it is too big. I'd order a size up to get the most wear. I bought them for boy/girl twins and they are perfect.
on September 6, 2015
I ordered a size larger so that we can use this with his winter clothes too, until it is time for his snow suit. He really likes it, and can move around easily. It was very easy to get on and off of him, and it kept the rain and water from the puddles off of him as it should have.
review image
on March 4, 2016
Over the past week we have put these rainsuits to the test! The kids and I have been out every day. No matter if it was cold, warm, raining, or dry. Since we live in Kentucky it is very possible to be 67 degrees on Monday, raining and 34 degrees on Wednesday, and snowing on Friday. Truly, the weather is all over the place. Since we spend so much of our time outside when it’s nice outside a LOT of our grass in the back yard has just worn away. This limited our time outside on days when the weather wasn’t great. There would be days we were on the verge of cabin fever from lack of outside play.
That’s where the rainsuits came in. I started researching suits for kids. I just knew there had to be some out there that would help us be outside without everyone having to get a complete clothes change and parents getting a sack of muddy clothing at the end of the day. I found a lot of options and, since i suffer from indecisiveness, I couldn’t make a decision on which ones to buy. I didn’t want to invest a lot of money into suits that wouldn’t last or work correctly. I bought a few different ones on ebay and then, as luck would have it, I found these suits on ebay for $17.99. I didn’t hesitate to order 6 of them. Now every child would have their own suit to wear outside and we wouldn’t be stuck inside based upon weather and muddy puddles!
When they came the first thing I noticed was they are HUGE! Seriously, size down. The good thing, I’ve, decided, about them being so roomy is that we can wear them with tons of layers underneath. This allows me to have one suit for all weather types, as opposed to one for rain and one for snow.
Spending the week outside has been great! The kids have really enjoyed our time out and I can tell are generally calmer because of the time outside. But outside play is a completely different topic, let’s get back to these suits.
I was concerned the first day. It was sprinkling, but I thought, “What a better way to test them out?” So I suited the kids up with their rainboots and the tuffo rain suit. We went outside and had a blast. There is nothing better than jumping in muddy puddles, and my backyard doesn’t disappoint.
The kids scooped water up out of buckets, they made mud pies, they sat in mud, they got on their knees, they went up the tower, they slid down on their bottoms. They climbed and fell. They put these suits through the ringer. There were times I was sure they were putting a hole in this or that suit. Seriously, everyday when we came in I closely inspected the kids clothing. Not one hole. No one was wet. Everyone was clean and dry!!!!
The hoods really did stay up on their heads. Even with the suits being large on the kids I did find that the way they zip keeps the hoods up. The material feels a little flimsy but they really do do their job! Many reviews said the zippers got stuck. I did notice when the kids zipped them up too fast they did get caught. You have to be careful zipping them up and occasionally I did find it a little difficult to pull the zipper.
One other issue I seemed to have was with the cuffs around the wrist and ankles. I do love that they are elastic and so are meant to fit tight. However, they are so large that they don’t fit tight. There is a gap. This causes the water to come up the arm. I wish there was velcro or a snap to help make it tighter. The same can be said about the leg. The gap caused the bottoms of the pants to have wetness or mud on them.
Overall, I have to say I’m quite impressed. I love these suits and wonder how I ever lived without them. We will be wearing these whenever there is the tiniest bit of moisture outside, for messy sensory activities, when we are gardening, ect. ect. ect. I love them already and we’ve only had them a very short time! Definitely worth the investment.

I did not receive any further discounts for these suits. My opinions are my own and are influenced by no one else. There are affiliate links that are no extra cost to you.
on April 28, 2014
Purchased this as new. Paid full price and there is already a name written inside it. I guess Emmalyn didn't like it after she wore it. It also had smudge marks on the sleeves. That is not right. If Emmalyn's mom returned it it should have been sold as used!