5.0 out of 5 stars Best friction reducer money can buy.
Published on February 18, 2009 by Allen B. Walker

3.0 out of 5 stars Minor benefits
The main reason I tried this in my engine was maybe better 'cold start' protection. I think this is a good product for an engine that has seen better days, and the owner is trying to stretch it.
Did improve fuel economy slightly. But I think if your engine is in good shape, changing your oil regularly will suffice. Motor oil is engineered very well these days...
Published on May 29, 2011 by M. Lee

5.0 out of 5 stars Best friction reducer money can buy., February 18, 2009
Allen B. Walker (Virgina Beach, VA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tufoil Engine Treatment 8 oz.
I've been using Tufoil since 1998. Tufoil holds the Guinness World Record for the slickest substance on the planet. The main ingredient in Tufoil is PTFE, the prime element in DuPont's Teflon. Tufoil company discovered a way to break apart PTFE particles into extremely small particles, down around 0.5-1.0 microns. Other PTFE-based products can be hazardous to engines because the particles are very large and have a tendency to build up and block tiny oil passages. Tufoil's PTFE particles are so small that an electron microscope has to be used to see them, and blockage doesn't happen.

Tufoil conducted stress tests on around 50 engine additive products with a 4-ball wear test machine. A spinning shaft is pressed against by four static ball bearings. The shaft is coated with the test oil for a certain amount of time, then the shaft's scar is measured. Another test is to see how long the shaft will spin until the additive smokes away. All 50 products tested burned off in under 5 minutes. Tufoil lasted 16 days.

So, Tufoil outlasts all other products by an enormous amount of time, it holds the world record for slickest substance, and it will save gas and reduce wear in your engine. Start ups are much easier, and acceleration is quicker because of the faster spin-up of the engine RPMs.

I've used Tufoil in my manual gearboxes and differentials. This application is amazing when coupled with synthetic gear oil. It's like taking 500 lbs out of your trunk. Shifter motion becomes super smooth and easy. Everything becomes quiet and silky smooth. Of all the Tufoil applications, gearbox installation is my most favorite because of the drastic and immediate improvement in driveability and gas mileage.

Many oil additive companies have been sued for false advertising. Tufoil has never been sued over their product claims. Their product works as advertised, and makes people very happy about their purchase.

Tufoil is affordable, especially in comparison to other additives.

Tufoil recommends using 8 ounces for an engine treatment, but I prefer 4 ounces. I also use synthetic motor oil. The combination is excellent for start up, smooth idle, quick acceleration, reduced engine wear, and greatly improved gas mileage.

Try it for yourself. I know you won't be disappointed.

Sometimes Tufoil can be found at Pepboys. They don't always have it in stock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget the scams, Tufoil is for REAL !!!, June 22, 2008
S. P. Foley (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tufoil Engine Treatment 8 oz.
This product works. I can sit here and try to explain the how's and why's, but they do all of that at [...] for you to read. Instead, i'll just say that i've tried TONS of other oil additives, run high dollar racing synthetics, etc... and NOTHING has given me the results that Tufoil does. VERY noticeable increase in gas mileage, car runs smoother with better acceleration, lower operating temp, etc... All of this is quite obvious, so you don't have to try to convince yourself that you "think" that it's working. Unlike bigger name brands that have to sell you hype through marketing, Tufoil simply sells you a product that works.

5.0 out of 5 stars I use Tufoil BEFORE engine problems., January 25, 2012
Kent (Houston, Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tufoil Engine Treatment 8 oz.
I tried Tufoil many years ago after reading about it in popular mechanics. Then, my Nissan pick-up was making loud valve tappet rattling noise ONLY in the morning for a few seconds. I put some tufoil in it and by the 3rd day the morning rattling was gone. Never came back. Next vehicle was a Toyota pick-up turbo 5 spd manual... The 1st gear was very tight. Many times at a stop light I had to put it in reverse to roll it slightly to get it into 1st gear. I knew Tufoil would help but it was a pain to get to the manual transmission oil filler hole, but I eventually did it. It took about a month to see some improvemnet, but it did gradually get better until it was very easy shifting. I have put this in new cars after the break-in and ran them years until I sold them private party. Always got top dollar partly because the engine sounded so good. I am still using it. I just bought an Infinity G25 and added it after the break-in was complete (6,000 miles) I put in my lawn mower and air compressor. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. (Note: I am an Electronic engineer not easily sold on this kind of thing) I wrote this review because this product WORKS and deserves 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars What are you looking for?, September 9, 2007
This review is from: Tufoil Engine Treatment 8 oz.
In some applications it works amazing and others has minimal "noticeable effects." With my Grans Marquis, gas mileage went up in points (example 16.3 -16-6). Turnovers are slightly improved as is idle. And that's about as far as it goes. As for my lawnmower, smoke is non-exsistant and it uses much less fuel. I've found with cars in excellent condition, it isn't worth the price and has little to no results. With vehicles in poor or moderate condition, it more then pays for itself and that's where the "miracle" results come into play.

5.0 out of 5 stars miracle in a bottle, July 22, 2012
This review is from: Tufoil Engine Treatment 8 oz.
I used tufoil in a 1984 toyota pick up that i sold with 250000 miles on it after i owned it for 14 yrs. Durring that time there was an inncident where i drove aprox. 150 miles without oil in my truck. not only did it not have oil in it, it didnt overheat either. i beleive this to have been possible because of the use of tufoilTufoil Engine Treatment 8 oz..

5.0 out of 5 stars Tufoil Pays For Itself, July 24, 2006
Gary Fisher (West Michigan, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tufoil Engine Treatment 8 oz.
I started using Tufoil after reading about it in a NASA technical publication years ago. In those days I was most interested in car performance, and Tufoil delivered, reducing internal engine friction enough to make a difference when the light turned green.

When engine temperature and longevity started to mean more to me than snappy performance at the stop light, Tufoil was there again, bringing the temp gauge on my conversion van down significantly and letting me carry and tow larger loads without overheating.

Now, fuel prices are a top priority, and again Tufoil earns its keep with every extra mile its friction-reducing properties wring out of each gallon of very expensive gasoline.

After emptying a bottle of Tufoil into my car's engine (I use one eight-ounce bottle at each oil change) I refill the Tufoil bottle with the oil for my lawnmower, snowblower and other 4-cycle gas- powered tools, then use that Tufoil-enhanced oil when those need maintenance; they also run cooler and quieter with Tufoil.

Years ago, oil additives were widely discredited by mechanics as "Snake Oil." Tufoil is different -- NASA says so, and experience proves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Automotive Engine Treatment - A+, December 13, 2010
This review is from: Tufoil Engine Treatment 8 oz.
I just received my order of Tufoil a few hours ago and I am already very pleased. Prior to ordering, I had read enough unbiased reviews to know that the stuff worked, but I needed to see it on my own rig, a 2000 Ford Explorer XLT with 180,000 miles, yikes!

Added the initial treatment of 8oz per the manufacturer's directions and let my car idle for 20 minutes with the engine running to cycle it through. Immediately thereafter I noticed a significant decrease in vibration and noise coming from my engine. My car seems to change gears with more ease and the engine just seems to be smoother and more stable. I am ordering three more bottles as Christmas gifts: one for my dad, brother, and myself =)

I will update this review as the car is further exposed to the Tufoil. Looking forward to my next bottle and the transition from the 8oz treatment to 4oz, though I may continue to add the entire bottle as some other reviewers have. All the best.

**Review**
1/13/2011

Hello all. I promised an update, so here it is. It has been exactly a month and I have definitely noticed some positive changes in my car's performance since applying the Tufoil Engine Treatment.

-The car now starts much easier, even in the cold Oregon weather.
--I am averaging better gas, minimum 3-4 miles/gallon gain
---The car runs at lower RPM; e.g. 2400 rpm is now 2000-2100 rpm
----Car vibration and friction has decreased overall
-----Car switches gears much smoother

One quick note: Other reviewers have stated that they continue to treat their vehicles with the entire 8oz bottle despite the manufacturer's instructions that say you can cut to 4oz after the vehicle's first treatment. I see myself doing the same, I will be adding a full 8oz of Tufoil to my vehicle at each oil change, especially due to my worn, high-mileage engine.

All in all, I am extremely satisfied. I will definitely continue to use Tufoil for my old Exploder, er, I mean Explorer. Further, I will also use it on any vehicles I acquire or purchase in the future. I just wish I had known about this product years ago. Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20 vision.

All the best...

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant Improvement, May 28, 2012
This review is from: Tufoil Engine Treatment 8 oz.
I've used on 3 different vehicles of varying age and mileage. Tufoil made the engines run quieter and smoother INSTANTLY. I will continue to use on every vehicle, every oil change because I've seen the difference it's well worth the $12-15.

5.0 out of 5 stars Time tested friction modifying oil additive, June 9, 2012
SM60 (Clinton Township, MI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tufoil Engine Treatment 8 oz.
I have been using Tufoil for the last 20 years, first on my 1991 Honda Civic, and then on my wife's 2001 Civic. Both cars run great, the engines run clean,fuel efficiency went up about 3-5 mpg higher from the day I started using Tufoil in each engine;idle speed goes up a bit as well. I also always use the same brand of oil (Quaker State) and filter (FRAM; large diameter-PH3593A) and these may have helped as well. My Civic is at 250,000 miles and still does not burn oil (burns about 1/2 quart every 4000 miles; which is way below standard for a small car with this much mileage)and the car still does 40 mpg highway. My wife's car is at 80,000 miles and still runs like new (no oil burning period!). I attribute all above to always using the same brand of engine oil for oil changes(Q. State), use of Tufoil, and routine oil changes (every 4000 miles), and to the Honda engines themselves. The only negative aspect about Tufoil is that you need to shake and pour the stuff because the PTFE (Teflon) powder settles at bottom of bottle - despite the manufacturer saying it is permanently suspended in oil (if you pour without shaking, look inside the black plastic bottle, and you will see a white film of PTFE at the bottom). Well, I have been shaking and pouring for the last 20 years, and never saw any oil passages or filters getting blocked as some warn about using this type of additive. I have added Tufoil to my manual transmission (in the 1991 Civic; adding it to automatics is a big no-no!), and to my lawn mover as well. Never changed oil in the lawn mover for the last 10 years, and it is still clean, and the mover runs like new with higher engine rpm also.

Update (09/2014):I just had a look inside the oil pan and lower engine area when I replaced the oil pan gasket of my 1991 Civic (265,000 miles now). No PTFE deposits visible in the pan, oil sump intake, or anywhere else. And, the engine looks perfectly clean (no gunk buildup).

5.0 out of 5 stars using tufoil for 25 years unbelievable, March 17, 2012
This review is from: Tufoil Engine Treatment 8 oz.
I was intorduced to Tufoil at a maintenance conference in 1986 (or 87) by the developer. He made a lot of claims (sounded like snake oil at the time) so I put him to the dare - He gave me a few bottles and I had my lead mechanic put it into some late 1970s checker taxi cabs with 200k+ miles that were burning 1 to 2 qts of oil a day. within a week consumption dropped to less than 2 qts per 3,000 mile oil change. Next put in into a 1956 1500 mga engine and transmission (both original). before tufoil the transmission took both hands to get into reverse and third gear was tempermental and hard. Mechanic said it was on its last leg. Within a couple of hours of operating third gear freed right up and reverse was an effortless one hand job with no more grinding. It finally died in 2009 - 23 years later with no problems in between. The engine? - before tufoil forget cold weather starts - afterwards never a problem - even after sitting up on blocks for 4 years. New engine is now 22 years old and runs like new with no repairs. Is all this from tufoil? - don't know - but I'm not going to findout by stop using. When the engine was rebuilt all the parts were soaked in tufoil before assembly - it took over 20,000 miles for the new rings to seat (lesson learned: let rings seat first) - Also use it in my rear end (hoghead) and it is now over 55 years old with only 3 oil changes and one new seal kit. Last time rear end cover was off - no metal filings and no sign of slack or gear wear. Tufoill recommends 10% - I used 20% for rear end and 15% for transmission.

Tufoil Engine Treatment 8 oz.
$14.10