Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on June 7, 2013
I bought this for my 7 year old, but its adjustable enough to fit me too and its great on both of us. I'm really thinking about getting a second for myself. The front part of the brim stands out nicely to shade the front and sides on your face and the back drapes down to protect the back of your neck. There is an adjustable elastic strap in the back to customize the fit around the head and, obviously, a chin strap. There is also a hole in the back so that you can pull your ponytail out like you do with a baseball cap if you want to. The crown is soft and light with vented sides. You could definitely wear this into the water and have it dry quickly.

Best of all, my daughter loves it so she will actually wear it and not get her scalp burned at the day camp pool every day this summer.
on March 19, 2014
The hat is actually rather nice, particularly the back flap, but the chin strap is placed exactly at my ears, so that it rubs on the ears. I've never had a hat with the chin strap placed so far back that it hit my ears.
on October 31, 2012
I got this for my mother. I could not use it as it didn't protect my back and neck too well. However, it is really pretty and quite feminine. It is easy to put on and is a very good price. It protects you face well and if you don't need your neck protected as much, it does a decent job of that too. It just isn't as long in the back as other safari type hats are.
on May 19, 2015
I am a woman with a small head & short hair. This hat is too big for me, but I will keep it for the sun protection. The white sweat band is not flattering; I sewed it down. The strap is, also, oddly placed--more behind the ears than in front of them. The back flap is too short for full sun protection. I think, if that's your goal, it would be better to spend a few more dollars & get the Wide Brim Legionnaire Style Hat.
on February 15, 2016
Light weight, crushable/foldable, easy to carry, nice long strap, this thing was excellent for new mexico in June. the flap kept my neck from burning nicely. Will blow off easily if you don't use that strap. Very breathable.
on July 27, 2014
I bought three in different colors for family that I boat and beach with. Has required neck strap and an adjustable band at the back to secure it. Turtle logo on front was described as "cute". Back flap provides good coverage preventing sunburns on the neck. Excessive wind will cause the front brim to blow over, wish it had more structure like a ball cap. Perhaps the manufacturer made it that way so it can be folded or packed without damage. Overall a hit!
on April 9, 2015
LOVE the color, and the pony-tail hole in the back.
I wish the tail in the back was a tad longer, but the visor will even shade your chin.
The chin strap can be tightened and NOT used under your chin. Just put the strap under the inside of the back of the hat, and tighten the strap.
Fits perfectly
I will wear it on my float when we go to JAMAICA.
I am at an age where I do not want sun on my face at all.
This hat is cute too...not embarrassing or dorkey looking.

Stay skin cancer free, with constant SPF protection.
on December 22, 2015
I ordered this for my wife along with some of the same style for much less money. This one was wonderful and the other knock-offs were junky. This hat is made well, wears well, the brim holds it shape, the stiching is decent, and it has enough flap to ensure complete sun coverage which is very important for fishing in southeast louisiana. Of all the ones I ordered, this one was by far the best and it was worth the 16 bucks I paid for it.
on December 3, 2014
I needed a sun hat - badly and this fit the bill. I am female with what I believe to be a small head and this hat fit me well. I doubt this weights more than 2-3 oz at most so it would be good for back packing or extended travel. The bright color helps me feel that I hopefully don't look like an 80 yo fisherman.
on August 14, 2015
This was a gift for my wife. The hat size is adjustable with cinch cord on back of hat. It is very lightweight and it can also be wetted for extra cooling. My wife likes everything about it because the it covers her head and neck and protects her from sunburn. She is prone to overheating from bright sunlight and heat and this hat enables her to be outside during the heat of summer.