5.0 out of 5 stars I finally found the perfect sun hat!!
Published 20 months ago by N. Felton

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 stars for the Loggerhead Red pattern
Published 6 months ago by babytime3000

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I finally found the perfect sun hat!!, April 18, 2013
N. Felton (New Jersey, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tuga Boys UPF 50+ Reversible Bucket Hat (UV Sun Protective) (Apparel)
My son is only 3 but he is a big 3 (almost out grown size 5T :( Although it is only April, I knew that it would be very hard to find the perfect sun hat for him so I have been looking now. I wanted something that didn't look dorky and had a chin strap. Since he is quite big for his age, most sun hats that fit him did not come with a chin strap. This hat was PERFECT! I got a size medium and it is excellent! I LOVE that is reversible and the color/pattern is super cool, but age appropriate. Since it was on sale for $10 I got the "red leaf" pattern as well in a size large so that he could switch to that one when he outgrew this one. I would estimate that size small would fit ages 2-4; size medium would fit ages 4-6; and size large would fit ages 6-8 (maybe 10 if your kid is on the smaller side). The shipping was free and the hats came very quickly. Thanks so much Tuga! He can sport these versatile and durable hats for years to come! As an FYI, I suggest knotting the string yourself since you can lose the black plastic clip on the strap (however, if you lost it you could just tie it like a shoe string anyway, so no biggie)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great swim hat, June 24, 2012
Bought one for each of my boys. Hats protect well in the sun. Even my 11-mo.-old leaves his on in the pool. Only complaint is they don't dry as quickly as the REI swim hats, but I didn't like any of their designs this year. Overall, very happy with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this Hat, June 24, 2011
Comfortable for our almost 12 month old son. Kept the sun off his face and he didn't mind having the chin strap on either. Being reversible is nice but the strap holds down the brim only with the dark blue color showing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and functional, July 7, 2013
Our 3 year old wears this hat and it's great for him. The bucket shape is extremely cute and nicely covers his neck and face with shade, and the reversible design is handy.

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 stars for the Loggerhead Red pattern, June 27, 2014
I was drawn to the pattern and color for my almost 4 year old son. When the hat arrived I saw that the "lizard skin" print was actually a gradation from lighter gray to black outlines, which is actually kind of cool. The down side is that the pieces of fabric making up the circumference of the hat were not matched up, so one gray section was sewn to a black section which sort of ruins the effect imo. (If you look closely at the picture you can kind of see what I'm talking about along the rim of the hat, which I hadn't noticed prior to purchasing.) If I had seen the hat in person I may have selected a different pattern because of this, but since I opened the package in front of my son he of course was too excited about his new hat to care about these kinds of details. He has a big head (>95%, lucky me) and the large size fits him well with the potential to fit him again next year; it can almost fit on my head (I'm a adult female) but is a little snug if that helps you in deciding what size to purchase. The hat has good coverage and should do well protecting him from the sun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for younger kids, June 27, 2013
He loves it!the string mechanism to keep it on is crucial for a younger child - my son has a larger head and in bigger sizes it is hard to find this kind of hat that will be kept on his head by the string.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hat, if i could keep it on his head., May 6, 2014
The hat is great, we got the medium size for our 10mth old. He is not too fond of things on his head so he keeps pulling it off. The strap works well (just makes him mad though). The had is reversible, we got the leatherback turtle print and the inside is dark blue with the tuga turtle patch (a pleasant surprise)

5.0 out of 5 stars the fabric is very comfortable and stretches for a better fit, July 11, 2014
this is a lovely hat, the fabric is very comfortable and stretches for a better fit. My son loved it !

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps the sun out!, July 11, 2014
Dawn Richter (St. Cloud, MN United States) - See all my reviews
When my son keeps the hat on his head it keeps quite a bit of the sun off of him. He is a ginger baby so I believe he would burn easy and this keeps those rays away from his little head!

5.0 out of 5 stars He doesn't like hats much but it is a nice hat, July 7, 2014
It fit my grandson well. He doesn't like hats much but it is a nice hat. He liked the baseball cap with the neck shield better and does wear that one.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›