5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Inexpensive Hood
Published 12 months ago by Bill A. Belt

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me!
Published 21 months ago by Daniel Farrell

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for me!, December 23, 2012
This review is from: 67mm Hard Tulip Lens Hood for Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR AF-S DX Nikkor Pro Digital (Electronics)
This hood is a pain in the butt to attach to the camera via really finicky threading on the filter. Actually, adding a polarizing or other filter is easier because of the ergonomics of handling it as you thread it on. This thing is awkward and pain to attach. The original Nikon hood was very easy to take on and off with a bayonet mount that make taking it on and off a snap. I'm going back to Nikon for a replacement hood.

1.0 out of 5 stars 67 mm tulip lens hood, December 4, 2012
unfortunately it was not a bayonet style, but on that screws on like a filter, threading is diffilcult and not intuitive and quick to put on or take off.

2.0 out of 5 stars Vignette on 18-105 lens (D7000), not reversible, March 11, 2014
I have a nikon d7000 with 18-105mm lens. Between 35mm and 50mm I see vignette in the photographs when I attach this hood. Also you cannot reverse it. It is only usable when I zoom more than 50mm. So I wouldn't recommend it. Go for a better one.

4.0 out of 5 stars just a regular one, January 15, 2014
well, what to expect from a tulip lens hood!? it fits my nikon lens 67mm well, material is good. The tulip hood does exactly what it is suppose to do ... therefore if the price fits your budget, I can also say go for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Inexpensive Hood, September 24, 2013
I don't know if you have priced these type hoods at the local camera store or not. They carry very hefty prices, thus when I saw this one on the internet I was hesitate that it would be cheap quality and might not fit. I was wrong. The quality is very good and the fit perfect. This is an excellent inexpensive hood that fits my Nikon D-90 lens perfectly. I highly recommend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost right, but not quire, January 21, 2013
This is a screw in, not the bayonet mount, of the stock Nikon. While it fit on the 67 mm lens, as a result it fitting further "out" on the lens if you use a polarizer, as I do, it interfered with the field of view when in the 18 mm mode (max wide angle).

3.0 out of 5 stars I got exactly what I ordered, but not exactly what I expected., October 29, 2012
This lens shade screws on like a filter, which I would have known had I read the other reviews before I bought it. Still worth the price I paid, just less convenient than I had hoped.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but not quick, October 16, 2012
It works perfectly and is almost as described. However, it must be screwed onto the lens tip inside the lens instead of around it locking into place, as I expected it to be. Otherwise it works well. It is just not quick, like I would have liked, and expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars good item with good communication, July 31, 2012
Very nice, the plastic is much stronger than others I've seen, it is the best choice for my camera. I would buy again. Best seller!

3.0 out of 5 stars Vignette, July 9, 2012
I bought this hood for my d90 kit lens, 18-105mm, no filters. Took this out on a whole day of outside shooting and works fine EXCEPT when I took pictures at the 18mm length. I noticed that there was a slight vignette on the corners of my pictures that were all taken at 18mm. Not noticeable on the lcd screen though. A little irritating so I might return it but I bought it so cheap I might as well keep it.

Rate and Discover Movies