5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and great!
Published on August 25, 2011 by JWA

2.0 out of 5 stars Lens Cap Did Not Fit After Attaching
I needed a hood for my 50mm 1.8 lens and was excited to finally get one, but once attached the lens cap would not fit back on.
Published 4 months ago by e

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and great!, August 25, 2011
This review is from: 52mm Hard Tulip Lens Hood for Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Lens (with EOS 50D, 7D, Rebel XSi, XS, T1i, Digital SLR Camera) (Electronics)
Got this for my 50mm prime lens, the tulip attaches to where the UV filter goes but it fits great and there's no problem with the threads. I took a lot of images and it never seem to get in the way nor affect the lighting, just make sure you don't make it too tight otherwise you can end up messing up the threads or ruining your lens -as long as you are careful and you don't overdue it you will be fine. Perfect alignment, perfect fit and perfect price. Recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Hood for the price, October 8, 2011
After comparing the hood options for my "plastic fantastic" 50, this came out on top. I figured spending 1/4 the price of the lens on the Canon hood was ridiculous, and the other options were just downright unattractive. This petal hood is, in my opinion, the best choice for the money. The threads fit nice on the lens and on my UV filter. Build quality is acceptable for the, er, gumball machine price. Only downside is that there are no threads on the front of the hood for additional filters, BUT the lens cap still fits on. Also, be wary of overtightening and wrecking threads on the lens.

Great for the price- buy it! After all, you just bought a $100 lens. No need to break the bank on accessories, right?

User submitted images coming soon.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lens Cap Did Not Fit After Attaching, April 28, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap servers its purpose, October 11, 2011
Lens cap does not snap onto the hood, which renders the lens prone for dust and other elements. Made out of cheap plastic and does not fit properly, it takes a while to fix the hood onto the lens.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lens hood., June 27, 2014
Use the lens hood all the time, works great for keeping glare of the sun off the lens. The price was great too. Can't see shooting pictures out side without a lens hood.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not tighten, March 22, 2014
This is good for the glare of the sun but the fit on your 50mm will be horrible. It fits fine until you try to tighten the lenses hood so it feels a little more snug. It will continue to rotate as if it's groves are worn Down.

1.0 out of 5 stars I might have liked it had I received it., February 12, 2014
Really can't rate the product but I can certainly rate the experience. I never had the lens hood make it to my door. I contacted the seller and was asked to give it a couple more days. I gave it 5 more days and didn't get it and had no followup from the vendor to see if it had arrived. Subsequently, I contacted them a second time. I asked who their shipper was. That question was never answered. I simply got a response that a refund would be issued. I didn't want a refund; I wanted an answer to my question relative to who the shipping carrier was. Furthermore, if they would have said we'll ship another one, I would have been happy. Things get lost and I understand that. I just get frustrated with poor (or no) customer service. I wasn't waiting for a kidney...I just wanted an inexpensive lens hood that could have been reshipped.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just fine for the price, August 11, 2013
It isn't great, but works as well as a hood of it's style and price can be expected to work.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit my 50mm, December 24, 2011
Bought the hood for my canon 50m f/1.8 lens. According to the description it's supposed to fit but it doesn't fit on my camera.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cap can fit, April 13, 2014
You can't put the cap in front of the lens while using this lens hood because it won't fit in.

Rate and Discover Movies