Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tulsa World
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on February 22, 2011
Best version of the World available to me in the mornings since no carrier can get the paper to me at a reasonable time. Much more complete than web version -- plus no nasty commenters!

Unlike other Kindle newspapers & mags, the World lacks submenus that enable the reader to quickly navigate through sections. Please fix this asap.
on April 5, 2011
I was excited about getting the Tulsa World on Kindle when it was finally made available. I love being able to click through the stories, and not have to read half a story on the front page, then hunt it down later. I also love not having papers stack up between recycling.

But alas, I was truly disappointed in the Kindle Version. It breaks up the Paper into the Big Sections, i.e. News, Buisness, Opinion, Scene, etc. That doesn't sound bad, but they lump every news story into news. That ends up givinig the news section 45-60 stories in one section. And those 45-60 stories are not organized whatsoever. The local, state, national, and international news stories are just thrown into a folder called News, and you have to sift through every story to find the ones you want to read. Its a mess.

They also leave out a lot of the good parts of the paper, such as their community calendar, pictures, and other non-kindle friendly items like cross-words and etc.

And my last complaint about the paper is the typos. There were several typos, and missing article titles, and not to mention last few paragraphs of articles. All in all, it is just not a good paper for Kindle. I have switched back to the print version.
on July 19, 2011
The Kindle version of the Tulsa World is overpriced and half-baked. I would love to follow events in my hometown, but this makes an already weak newspaper almost unreadable. The World has been running on profit-taking fumes for years, so it isn't surprising that the publisher decided to charge more than comparable mid-market dailies around the nation and has apparently never looked to see how the paper is presented in this format. News is presented in a jumble of headlines with little organization or identification of local vs. national news, and the TOC causes the Kindle Android app to hang.

Please, Tulsa World, work with me here. I want to give you a reasonable sum of money in exchange for a readable source of Tulsa news. How can it be so hard for you to provide that?
on November 27, 2011
Don't waste your money or time with the digital version of the Tulsa World. Must have been designed by some elementary school students and I don't mean to disrespect the students. Lack of organization and focus. Reflects an attempt to simply throw out a group of short stories to take advantage of digital offerings. There are much better ways to receive news information. Come on Tulsa World join the digital information age by producing something valuable.
on June 11, 2012
Wasted my money on the Saturday addition - cost $1 for the Kindle version which is the same exact price as the copy delivered to my house. Was out camping and didn't have my copy I already paid for so used Kindle and the Tulsa World Kindle version is lame. I should have purchased the Daily Oklahoman - it was 50 cents. Plus I purchased this Sunday morning and was assuming I was getting the Sunday paper but instead it was Saturdays. My fault for not paying attention to the date but why would I want to buy Saturdays paper on Sunday? Then after I purchased it the Kindle said I would have the option to cancel the purchase then it never told me how to do that.
on July 9, 2012
The Kindle version doesn't allow for viewing the comments section of the newspaper, the layout and format looks and feels like an article compilation opposed to an intuitive interface with different sections and navigation. Overpriced for information that can be obtained for free.
on October 18, 2012
The price seems ok and I like not getting wet papers. The down side is lots of stories and even entire sections are missing on a random basis. You never get a complete paper.
on December 11, 2012
i have had a TW kindle fire subscription for almost a month now. Not one time has it been available for download before 7 a.m. i also have a subscription to the Daily Oklahoman and it is ready for download every morning by 6 a.m., so it doesn't appear to be a problem with my device. very frustrating!!
on February 2, 2011
I would sign up for this in a heartbeat for my Kindle except there doesn't seem to be a way that I can separate the subscription out so that I get only the weekday editions via kindle and the weekend papers in paper form...There are many extras in the weekend papers that we want to hold in our hands and I don't want to pay for this only to have to go buy a weekend paper as well.
on January 29, 2011
The Tulsa World kindle edition is not avalable for iPad via the Kindle app. Why? That seems like a poor decision. I am excited to get The Daily soon and was going to get the World as well, but they do not want my subscription. I guess i will have to read what content is available on the website.