5.0 out of 5 stars Tumi is in a class by itself...., July 14, 2012
I received a set of Samsonite spinner luggage last year for my birthday, but when this set went on sale, I bought the carry-on case anyway. Wow. It works beautifully and is such a quality piece of luggage. When I found this matching piece on sale on Amazon, I could not resist. This is the suitcase that I used for a recent 2 week trip.
I held all the shirts, suits and slacks that I needed for two weeks.
It's basically box shaped inside, and if you pack carefully, it will hold so much more than other suitcases this size. Suits fold over a single wire framed partition so they come out wearable after checking this case... an it is big enough that you have to check it. The outside pocket I use to put items that I need to access quickly while travelling like paperwork and an umbrella. The inside zip compartment I use for dirty laundry while travelling to keep it separated from clean clothes. Shoes pack well along the outside edge of the case.
I highly recommend this case and the set. I'd purchase it again for a gift or for a child going off to college. This set will last -- as has been my previous experience with Tumi. Empty, this suitcase probably weighs around 8 pounds. Stuffed it weighed 38-49 pounds. I never did tip the 50 pound mark, even when I unzipped the 'extra space' expansion layer... but I came very close. Case handles are padded and placed at the top and sides of the suitcase, so it is not hard to grab off the luggage conveyer belt.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good wheeled bag, January 20, 2013
I like the overall look and quality of the bag but it's not without a few minor issues. The quality of the wheels are a little low and they are not as smooth as the roller blade style wheels I had on my former Samsonite Silhouette 10. I am also not a fan of telescoping handles that stow under a zippered flap. Other than that, the material quality is top notch. The bag is a little smaller than the enormous 30" bags you see in department stores but you're also less likely to run over the airline weight limit even if you're not a frequent flyer with status.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, January 14, 2013
Love this suitcase! You can feel the quality of how it's made.
I only wish it would be a bit lighter, but it's hard to get everything you want...
The suitcase rolls very smoothly and easy to handle.
I recommend it to any frequent traveler who can afford it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Suitcase, January 21, 2013
Porter (Bend, OR USA) - See all my reviews
I've had this bag for a year and love it! It rolls well, and has many fine details you expect from TUMI. Lots of space. The gusset makes this a flexible suitcase.

This suitcase holds up well and looks good!

6 months later still loving this suitcase.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Tumi, January 19, 2013
I bought this big case and its little brother. They're typical Tumi: expensive but well-designed and durable. In the long run, Tumi is less expensive than some mediocre brand that you toss after a few years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bag!, December 8, 2012
The size of this bag is somewhat deceptive......it holds a LOT! When I first opened it I was concerned that it might be too small. It seemed smaller than the bag that I was replacing....seemed being the operative word. I was able to pack everything I needed for a cool weather 4 day trip in this bag. The quality is very good as well. Highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tumi T-Tech Presidio, February 16, 2013
Nice design, attractive, holds alot staying under the 50lb weight, only 2 wheels a 4 wheel base would be easier to manuver.

Rate and Discover Movies