Flying Wild Alaska 3 Seasons 2011
Amazon Instant Video
1. Meet the Twetos In the frigid Alaskan town of Unalakleet, the Tweto's and their family-run airline battle the arctic elements to transport supplies and passengers to some of the most inaccessible areas on the planet.
2. Life or Death Pilot Luke Hickerson transports dangerous chemicals from Barrow to the remote village of Atqasuk. Then, in Unalakleet, the cold and dark winter claims its first casualty and Jim must make arrangements to transport the casket.
3. Blow It Up In a dangerous mission, pilot Doug Doherty flies along Russian airspace to transport volatile explosives to the island of St Lawrence. In Unk, Ben slams into a large bird mid-flight.
4. Indian Summer Unseasonably warm weather sends Jim up to the Brooks Range to look for potential landing strips. Ferno and Ariel prepare an Eskimo feast for returning pilot John Ponts and the week ends with an icy plunge into the Unalakleet River.
5. Tundra Taxis In Bethel, construction crews race to finish Era's newest hanger before the unforgiving winter snows arrive. But when Jim flies in to inspect the progress, he is far from happy. In Unk, fierce crosswinds blow John Ponts' tiny 207 all over the sky.
6. Greenhorn Ben Pilot Yuri Ivanoff trains in Bethel for a potential promotion to fly the 208 Caravan. But danger strikes when heavy ice forms on the wings. In Unalakleet, weeks of rain force Jim to do a river landing and a greenhorn arrives.
7. Deep Freeze Era Alaska makes a special canine delivery to four-time Iditarod champion Lance Mackey in Fairbanks. After the first snow in Unalakleet, Jim and Ferno cope with an influx of schoolteachers on their busiest day of the year.
8. Bush Brawl A dangerous frozen river landing leaves Jim and Ferno skating on thin ice, while Ariel's flying lessons end in disaster. The biggest snowstorm of the season hits, shutting down all of Western Alaska and leaving several Era pilots up in the air.
9. Trick or Tweto Halloween in Alaska brings vicious crosswinds that wreak havoc on Era's small planes. Ariel hopes to learn the family business in Unk, but a power blackout tests her abilities when she takes over as station manager.
10. Goodbye Sun The approaching winter darkness fuels a mass exodus from Unalakleet. In Barrow, a bootlegger attempts to smuggle in illegal liquor and Luke races to complete a daring rescue before the sun sets for two months straight.
|Starring||Jim Tweto, Ferno Tweto|
|Supporting actors||Ayla Tweto, Ariel Tweto, Jim Pratt, K.C. Bodily, Jason Driskill, John Dronenburg, Kara Hansen, John Hastie, John Koeppen, Judy Kotongan, John Ponts, Phillip Sampson, Vance Sasinowski, Doug Stewart, Harry Wrase|
|Producers||Tommy Baynard, Grady Candler, Scott Larsen, Tim Pastore, Josh Silberman, Ryan Smith|
|Purchase rights||Stream instantly and download to 2 locations Details|
|Format||Amazon Instant Video (streaming online video and digital download)|
If you haven't started watching it then you don't love aviation.Published 27 days ago by Eron T. Williams
FLYING WILD ALASKA SADLY ONLY HAD 3 SEASONS AND I BOUGHT THEM ALL, WAS A GOOD SERIES TO WATCH, AND I WILL WATCH THIS OVER AGAIN.Published 1 month ago by Maxey M. Kempt
Excellant example of a program series that combines the flying in unbelievable difficult
conditions, great panoramic views of the land scapes of northern Alaska, getting know... Read more
My father enjoyed this. In fact, the whole family was gathered around the tv.Published 9 months ago by Moldymama