1,350 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow. I Never Even Knew I Needed This...
...until I downloaded it.

I was surprised to find, quite literally, EVERY local station that I am even remotely interested in is on there, including an AM station that barely comes in on my actual radios that is the only one near me that does ESPN Radio.

Published on April 22, 2011 by J. J. Burtch

This is really a great little app. It has nearly all the local AM and FM radio stations here in Nebraska, as well as NOAA weather radio and the Lincoln and Omaha police and fire departments. Plus I can listen to radio stations in other states or even other countries.

Published on April 22, 2011 by Captain Packrat

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow. I Never Even Knew I Needed This..., April 22, 2011
This review is from: TuneIn Radio Pro (App)
...until I downloaded it.

The App is pretty amazing. Easy to use, works well, and for the most part sounds really good. I did find one of my favorite local stations seemed to sound a bit off at first, but after a song or so it sounded pretty darn good.

I also really like that you can record things and play them back whenever you want. I will find that really useful for certain radio shows that I like to listen to but can't due to work or other obligations. Now I can just record it and listen to it when I get a chance, or delete it later if I decide I don't want to listen to it.

I have absolutely no idea how this App works...all I know is that it does, and it connects to an insane amount of channels for me.

I love it, and highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bye, Bye iTunes!!!, April 22, 2011
This review is from: TuneIn Radio Pro (App)
Bye, bye iTunes and satellite radio! This is now the music app I will listen to all day! The variety of stations and genres is fantastic in this app ... and I even caught myself getting a little nostalgic, as I was able to tune in to my hometown station :D The free app of the day is a great feature of the app store, and this app is one of the best to-date!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars If video killed the radio star, why doesn't MTV play music videos anymore?, April 22, 2011
This review is from: TuneIn Radio Pro (App)

A word of caution: sign up for a RadioTime account BEFORE you start setting up presets in this app, because once you sign in, it will delete all your presets without warning and replace them with the presets from your RadioTime account.

EDIT: RadioTime is now TuneIn. The updated version of the app now has a sign-in for a TuneIn account, rather than a RadioTime account. They're the same thing, just a new name.

SECOND EDIT: Supposedly the latest version of this app will no longer delete existing presets when you sign in to your TuneIn account. I'd still play it safe and sign up for an account first.

EDIT THE THIRD: When I updated this app this morning, I discovered they have added new permissions. They now want to read your contacts and use accounts on this device. These are apparently for a new social media feature that is completely useless. The new user interface is extremely confusing and poorly designed. To access your favorite stations, for instance, you now have to press the tiny button labeled "My profile". If you put it in car mode, your favorites are now under "Follows". Yeah, that's totally obvious. I can no longer give this app 5 stars, I'm dropping it down to just one. It's just an awful app now. Social media killed the radio star.

2.0 out of 5 stars Update broken, January 19, 2013
This review is from: TuneIn Radio Pro (App)
Simply cannot update this app. There is something wrong with the package signature. Tried over and over and it simply will not update. Note 2.

1.0 out of 5 stars update not installing, January 22, 2013
This review is from: TuneIn Radio Pro (App)
new update refuses to install on my kindle fire and droid charge phone. would give the 4 stars when this is fixed.

1.0 out of 5 stars update refuses to install, January 19, 2013
This review is from: TuneIn Radio Pro (App)
The latest update won't install on my kindle fire HD. Very annoying. Had to reinstall the free version. Please fix!

1.0 out of 5 stars they push ads to your notification bar!, May 14, 2012
This review is from: TuneIn Radio Pro (App)
On this PAID version, yes paid, I woke up to ads in my notification bar on my phone and tablet. The notification bar is NOT FOR ADS. This is such an a-hole move my a company. DO NOT BUY THIS APP!!! They spam your notification bar with ads - the next big ugly wave of ad pushing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Notification spam on paid version, May 14, 2012
This review is from: TuneIn Radio Pro (App)
Notification spam is unacceptable on any application but especially a paid version. Immediately uninstalled as I refuse to be subjected to these annoying alerts.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very nice app, but.., January 8, 2013
This review is from: TuneIn Radio Pro (App)
App has a nice interface and very easy to navigate through. I tried a lot of radio apps and keep coming back to this one.

Now my problem is the dev is not getting Amazon the updates in a timely manner. I am still on 6.6 and 6.8 is released on google play.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Radio App (After Install Issue Resolved), January 19, 2013
This review is from: TuneIn Radio Pro (App)
My original review described an installation signature issue, but I removed the older version and then installed the newer version without a problem. I was disappointed the developer didn't tell us about that, but the app does have a good choice of channels and sound quality is also very good.

TuneIn Radio Pro