5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazing!!
Published on July 4, 2010 by Nina N. Franco

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money - pretty lame software!
I bought Tuneup for my iPod and Macbook (Snow Leopard). What a waste of money.
It's PAINFULLY slow in everything it does - cleaning up song titles especially. Supposedly,
it will clean up the file name (removing track number, hyphens, underscores etc.) and
restore it to a 'friendly' title. However, much of the time it completely CHANGES the
song...
Published on December 23, 2009 by Dave from Tacoma

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money - pretty lame software!, December 23, 2009
This review is from: TuneUp (CD-ROM)
I bought Tuneup for my iPod and Macbook (Snow Leopard). What a waste of money.
song title - one Beethoven title actually got retitled into CHINESE! The Album Art retrieval
function is only slightly more in depth than the iTunes art function, but just plain SLOOOWWWW
in retrieving the art. Lastly the software is prone to lockups. Right now as I type this,
it is totally hung trying to download an update. Almost every time I use this software I have
to Force Quit to shut it down. I actually cannot think of a single thing good to say - it's just
plain a bad product. Save your money.

[EDIT] Update - I just took this software off my Mac for good. After the recent update, it
just simply no longer works whatsoever! Just sits and spins for HOURS looking for missing
album art, never coming up with a single result. Their logo says "your music is a mess" - well,
my music is NOT a mess but this software most certainly IS a mess.

Thirty bux down the toilet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Product Full of Flaws, December 2, 2011
This review is from: TuneUp (CD-ROM)
I purchased this product some time ago and wanted to come on here to warn others against buying this software. Not only does it incorrectly tag many songs, it takes a tremendous time to do so and freezes CONSTANTLY. I have used the program on two different computers, including a Macbook Pro, and it has frozen on both. It may do an 'acceptable' job of identifying fairly well-known rock songs, but good luck if your collection includes hip hop, electronic, or certain older songs (even common rock such as the Rolling Stones). Steer clear of this product. It will save you a lot of hassle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazing!!, July 4, 2010
This review is from: TuneUp (CD-ROM)
This is just what I have been looking for!!! I am a ballroom dancer and have many songs on of old cds whose files dont come up on the computer, leaving me with dozens of songs marked "track 2, track 3 with no info. I need to keep my files in order . I just downloaded the free demo version on this program and I was blown away!!! It took only seconds to identify, organize, and find cover art for some very obscure songs--amazing!! No more mystery songs!!!! I am going to buy the full featured version immediately!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tune up has what i need, January 23, 2010
This review is from: TuneUp (CD-ROM)
The other reviewer doesnt seem to like this product. Maybe its his computer but im also using a macbook running snow leopard and i love this software. It takes about 2-3 seconds per song but that is exactly how long they say it should take. This program fixed my 3,000 song library really fast and theres only like 50 or so songs that dont have the correct album art but its way better than before and worth the money. If your still unsure about this program, there is a trial you can get at their webstite that will clean 100 songs. I recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Software, May 30, 2012
This review is from: TuneUp (CD-ROM)
I've been using TuneUp for a while now, and I have to say I love it. It does exactly what it's supposed to do, it cleans the track info and album art. Additionally, the concerts feature is great for me, because I have a giant library and its tough to keep track of who is in town and when.

TuneUp is amazing for making your music library more presentable, which is great for iOS devices, because having artwork makes scrolling through your music so much better.

They also just sent me a coupon code for "friends and family" for 40% off at their website for anyone interested in a deal.

The code is: FRIENDS40

Either way, I highly recommend this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too buggy & unreliable, October 22, 2011
N. McKinnon (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TuneUp (CD-ROM)
This is like the smart phone apps Shazam or Soundhound for music you already have on your computer but is unlabeled. Potentially valuable, time-saving tool but ultimately disappointing implementation. I've used it intermittently for for two or three years. Every now and then I use it to label tracks I don't want to do manually (e.g. when I rip mixed cds from friends and have more than a handful of unlabeled tracks). Too often it can't recognize a tune. Sometimes it TuneUp just hangs (working but not producing results). Matching album art to tunes was equally disappointing. A lot of the album pics were completely wrong. The time you spend correcting the mistakes makes this not worth the expense.

1.0 out of 5 stars A Useless Product!, July 4, 2011
T. Denton (Mission Viejo, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TuneUp (CD-ROM)
Tune-Up is a very disappointing product. It failed to recognize duplicates as it claimed it would--worse, I had to pay an additional $20.00 to Tune-Up after purchasing it from Amazon in order to find "unlimited" duplicates in my music files (which includes over 5,000 songs). The package as shipped limited "de-dupping" to 50 songs!! It located no more than 2 dozen duplicates--Itunes is still able to reveal over 50 remaining duplicates without Tune-Up. The product claims to find "all missing album art" but my collection is still missing album art on several dozen albums (although, admittedly, some are quite obscure). Numerous albums show the wrong cover including covers from other artists entirely. Tune-Up was a total waste of money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Customer Support Ever- Glitchy, May 12, 2011
This review is from: TuneUp (CD-ROM)
Be careful of getting a 'lifetime' membership with Tune Up because your activation code will only work once or twice. I sold my old computer and got a new one and even tech support can't solve my issue of transferring the activation key to my new computer. Super lame. it's as if they are at the mercy of their own slow/glitchy software!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Software! Only a teeny tiny problem, February 14, 2010
This review is from: TuneUp (CD-ROM)
This program is fantastic. It'll find the correct names and order things should be put in it'll find your album art it does it all. You can even see videos of your song from youtube. The only small problem I have is a lot of music has very poor album art. I end up having to search for the album art myself, but it does give you album art. most are in the 300x300 - 400x400 range. I'm pretty picky and want 500+ so that when I click on the album art it's nice and big. Other than that it's a great product and I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Indispensable...., December 5, 2012
This review is from: TuneUp (CD-ROM)
...especially if you have a big, messy library with lots of different sources. Like mine.

Tuneup worked wonders, making complete sense of my library, and making the de-duplication task insanely easy.

Highly recommended.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

TuneUp
TuneUp by Navarre (Mac OS X Intel, Windows Vista / XP)
Used & New from: $15.00