Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Tunebug Vibe Portable SurfaceSound Speaker
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on March 12, 2010
The TuneBug Vibe is a small very sturdy "Speaker". While the sound quality can be lacking it all depends on what surface it sits on. a large cardboard box allows the sound waves to resonate on a deeper level while on a hard tabletop the sound is faint and lacking in bass. this product is perfect for small Apartments or college dorms because its cheaper than most speakers and takes quite a bit less room.

Cons.
the tunebug cable is rather short and to use it further away a larger cord needed to be bought.
the charging method requires it to be pluged into a USB port and this makes it harder to use on the go if you dont bring a computer.
the sound can sometimes leave you wanting something louder, however is also an easy fix- try another surface.

Pros. the surface can dictate what levels of bass and volume
VERY protable, takes up less room than an iphone ( though it is thicker)
very sturdy construction. i dont worry about it being dropped and broken
the power button dosent ever accidently turn on because it takes about a 3 second hold to turn it on or off.
easily turns heads with its stylish looks and unique function

all in all a great product and well worth the cost.
on May 19, 2011
I bought togheter this tunebug and the wowee one, as another reviewer did to compare them... should had trusted the first reviewer, and the "see it yourself" attitude of mine this time costed me big time
The tunebug vibe is nothingh but a toy, not only compared with the wowee one which is amazing and CHEAPER!, but even comparing it with the loosiest phone speaker the difference in quality is almost zero.
Wish I didnt throwed away the box (never expected such a bad product) so I could had sent it back.
Cant bealive is newer then the wowee one, is even more expensive, and is so very much worste. Very disapponinted.. sorry for comparing with another product but the difference is so enormous couldnt avoid!
on April 30, 2012
Good product.

Performs as advertised.

Doesn't really replace a speaker, but is compact enough to put in a lap top bag.

If your a gadget geek like I am you will like it.

But you will not use it alot.

A shaky thumbs-up from me.
on November 1, 2011
In shipping was fast, I arrived well packed, the product looks great and is very fun, the battery lasts a lot, I recommend it, sorry that I only lasted two days. It was stolen.

En envio fue rapido, me llego bien empacado, el producto se ve muy bien y esta muy divertido, la bateria le dura bastante, lo recomiendo, lastima que solo me duro dos dias. Me lo robaron.
on March 30, 2010
At first I placed the tunebug on a solid surface and was very disappointed in the contraption. The very next day I brought it to my friend's house and spent 1 hour playing with the bugger. We ran around the house placing the tunebug on every single surface possible. Not only was this enjoyable, it was also impressive what the tunebug could really do. We found that it sounds the best on thin, hollow items such as cardboard boxes, wooden boxes, buckets, plastic containers, and car trunks(believe me, you won't be disappointed with the trunk. We also tried it on a bike helmet, I'll leave it to you to discover this eye-popping experience (try it with the helmet on).
on March 7, 2011
I use the Tune Bug for my Acer laptop, my iPad and my iPod. The sound quality and amplification is perfect. It works on many types of boxes, but we set it on the black box it comes in and are very happy with the results. I would recommend this for all types of users.
on November 9, 2011
I travel a lot, and by a lot I mean, more than everyone else (Airline Pilot) and everywhere I go now, I got some great sound. This is very important as these days hotel guests etc can make it impossible due to absurd noise levels to have you have a decent good sleep. So when tuning into a relaxation channel, with this device, you can clearly enjoy the fantastic quality and even have a good night sleep ! I love this product and can only recommend it to anyone else.
on April 2, 2010
Tunebug Vibe - Very Impressive. . . .
Based upon the surface it is on, I was favorably impressed with the sound quality of the Tunebug Vibe from both a laptop & iPods. It is far superior, on the right surface, to the on-board speakers on a laptop. The Tunebug Vibe frequency response was amazing, again, on the right surface. We tried helmets, bowls, cylindars, flat surfaces, boxes as well as many other platforms and the sound quality was impressive. Some surfaces projected a good frequency range much better than others but with a good surface to project the sound - it was great ! Cool device - great idea !
on September 10, 2010
This thing sucks. yes its a novel idea and it looks pretty cool but ultimately you buy it to play music and it fails horribly at this. the sound quality is spotty at best. more often than not the music comes out sounding like a garbled mess. and for the few tracks that do come out sounding clear its always the background music you hear most clearly. the lead vocals to almost every song get drowned out. do not waste your time and money like i did. learn from my mistake this item is not worth a single penny. even if it were free i'd send it back. it does make a great looking paper weight though...
on December 22, 2014