Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 12, 2011
This is the third one of these that I have purchased. The first one we ruined by accidentally setting it on a hot burner on the stove. The second one I wore out, and the water started seeping out of a hairline fracture (after almost daily use for four years). When this happened, I instantly ordered a new one because I am so reliant upon the steamer.
The only negative comment that I have is that this product has become extremely expensive for what it is...3 pieces of plastic!
on January 15, 2011
In addition to using this product for steaming vegetables, I use it to steam left over chicken, turkey and beef. Just put some gravy in the bottom and steam for one or two minutes. You will never know it is a left over. I have used my steamer for several years and I just purchased this one for my daughter-in-law. She says my son likes to steam his tortillas in it. It is a wonderful product.
VINE VOICEon February 9, 2014
We have been using a Tupperware Steamer for many years. My wife purchased it at a Tupperware party which our daughter hosted. It has a white lid, a green basket and a purple base. It worked well but the base developed a top to bottom crack which leaked the water. To order a replacement from Tupperware you have to call them and provide a "Mold" number. This is located on the bottom of the base in a miniscule size that defies interpretation even with a magnifying glass. Obviously they don't want to sell parts they want you to buy the whole enchilada.

I could not find a replacement at Tupperware. What they had was a similar steamer for $69.00 plus shipping. So, I decided to use old faithful Amazon to find a replacement. I found this red and white number but since it is not sold and shipped by Amazon I could not use my Prime membership to cover shipping. The cost is $31.50 plus $9.24 shipping. That is a lot of money for three pieces of cheap plastic. I decided to try EBay but all I could find were two scratched up steamers which, although exactly the same as the one I have that broke, was not worth the risk so I went back to Amazon and made the purchase.

This red and white version is made of even cheaper plastic than its predecessor. In addition, the lid does not fit properly. It does serve as a steamer but undoubtedly it will break far more quickly than the one I had been using. I am betting that Tupperware is now being made in China. Hopefully, there is not as much poison in the plastic as there was in the dog food that I bought and which killed my Doberman. Goodbye Tupperware.
on September 8, 2011
I found one of these at a thrift store for 99 cents- SCORE!! I've used it nearly every day this summer and avoided turning on the stove on hot days. I'll use it all winter too. I used it to steam fish, shrimp and veggies. I love how fast and painless making a healthy dinner is now!! I can steam two sides and seafood for two people in about 12 minutes. Easy to clean up and is the perfect size for two people.. My only complaint: I wish I had two or this was a double-decker because I use it for everything!
on March 16, 2016
I love these steamers, but the basket stains and the lid doesn't store conveniently, not flush even inverted. It steams very well, even though it's warped after a few dozen uses and doesn't seal well. I still love the convenience of this steamer!
on August 9, 2011
This steamer is large enough for lots of contents, but small enough to fit into my microwave. It is well designed, sleek, easy to use and clean. Had purchased and returned a different steamer from Target. This one didn't disappoint.
on November 19, 2013
We use this pretty much every day. We eat a lot of frozen vegetables, and they taste much better cooked in here than just being straight microwaved - not over-cooked, still have lots of flavor, all warm. Does a great job with fresh veggies too.

It exactly fits our largish microwave, so we can get a lot of veggies in there. I can usually cook enough veggies for two of us in one shot. Easy to clean.
on April 8, 2014
Great to steam in the microwave. Lid doesn't quite fit but I steam veggies regularly. Did a great job re-heating meats and steaming shrimp but it does stain the plastic insert and you can't really get the smell out. I went back to just veggies.
on November 24, 2011
We use this almost every day. Quality is great. It's nice for small batches of veggies for our son. The one issue I've found is the white tray gets stained by things like carrots.
on December 30, 2011
Product arrived with a slightly warped lid. I'm inclined to keep it long enough to see if the lid will seat better after a few uses. But I can tell, even if the lid were not warped, the lip which is intended to hold the lid in place is not big enough. The lid, even if properly fitted, can too easily slide off while handling the steamer. Had I seen this product in a store first I never would have bought it, especially at this premium price. I did see a NordicWare microwave steamer in a store yesterday and it would have worked fine and at a much lower price. You can only learn so much from a picture.... In summation: Disappointed, but will try to make due.