5.0 out of 5 stars Works great if you follow instructions
Published on February 6, 2010 by N. Walker

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published 18 months ago by Jgcole

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great if you follow instructions, February 6, 2010
This review is from: Tupperware Vent N Serve Micro Soup Mug Bowl NEW Aqua (Kitchen)
Martin Hamilton's bad experience in earlier review is because he must not have read the instructions that say to pop the vent "before" heating in microwave. The vent is not supposed to pop by itself. You pull it up to vent it. If you do that, the lid does not pop off and the mug works great. If you want to take it somewhere or store it in fridge or freezer, then you close the vent. I love this product. It's great for soup and the kids' Chef-Boy-R-Dee! Perfect size! Goes from microwave to table and into fridge.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, January 30, 2013
I had an older version of the Tupperware soup bowl and loved it. I just wore it out with use. I bought this tupperware soup bowl thinking it would be as good as the old. Wrong!! The top kept coming off and would not seal. When taking it to work several times the top came off and I had soup all in the bag. What a disappointment. Always trusted the Tupperware brand and their tight seal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, works good, November 12, 2010
I like this soup mug it is very easy to use, put contents in pop up the vent and toss in the microwave. NO messy clean up from splatters. Just so everyone knows the picture is a bit off and leads you to believe it is bigger than it actualy is. This is a 2cup MUG/BOWL it holds 16oz of fluid. Again this is great for personel use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Suitable For Instant Oatmeal, August 15, 2012
I haven't tried this product with soup but I can tell you it isn't good for oatmeal. I was tired of cleaning up spillover from making my instant oatmeal in the microwave so I purchased this container, thinking it would be the perfect solution. Was I ever wrong. And YES, I did pop the top to vent it. After I vented my container and placed it in the microwave (for under the suggested time), I opened the microwave after it was finished to find that I STILL had clean up to do. Instead of just wiping the bottom of the microwave tray to clean up my meal as usual, I now had to scrub every nook and cranny of the microwave, top to bottom because the oatmeal HAD EXPLODED OUT OF THE VENTS. I do not recommend this product and I am leery of even trying it with soup. I'm really not interested in burning calories cleaning the entire microwave while my meal gets cold. The pop-top version I purchased several years ago was much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, August 5, 2013
This Soup Mug is the perfect size for a can of soup. It is so handy and convenient. I just love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased!, April 22, 2013
I must say I'm very surprised by all the negative reviews. I've had my Vent N Serve Micro Mug Bowl for several years now and use it almost every day. My lid fits fine and the only problem I've ever had in cooking oatmeal (which I eat just about every day) is it can come out of the vent holes. But I compensate for that by cooking it in intervals of 35 seconds twice and then 10 seconds. That is for the little microwave at work. But it also depends on the power of the microwave in use. At home I cook oatmeal at 50% power for 1 minute and 45 seconds. You just have to experiment with it. I have used it for soup as well and I love the fact that it is light weight, unbreakable and the surface stays cool to the touch. I'm thinking about buying another one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lid is impossible to get on, November 14, 2012
After trying for 1 year, I finally threw this out. The lid would never go on properly. I think there is a trick to it but I could never figure it out. It should be that difficult. Totally useless. Wish I could get my money back, but it was too long ago. Would not recommend this for storing or carrying in a lunch bag.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so much..., October 18, 2011
I'll start off by saying, don't buy this if you want something you can actually use. When I received this, the lid didn't fit from day 1. I tried and my husband tried to get the lid to fit on. Maybe its the shape of the bowl or just the fact that its plastic. Either way, useless. There are other good options out there that have a vent and actually have a lid that fits.

Good idea, horrible execution..

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all around mug, April 7, 2014
I use this almost exclusively for soup and couldn't be happier. Two ladles full, so it's a good size for a meal and helps with portion control. I like being able to either sip from it or use a spoon. The handle stays cool to the touch.

I've ordered two at different times and both lids are perfect so haven't experienced the problems that others have. I did have a different Tupperware microwave container once with a lid that WOULD NOT stay on, so I know it happens.

My only minor quibble is that the ridges on the outside make it a little harder to wash than if the exterior was smooth since you have to dig into the furrows a bit. If you have a dishwasher, then that wouldn't apply. It's possible the ridges have a purpose with regard to even heating or strength or something. I dunno.

5.0 out of 5 stars Headline required not clear, December 1, 2013
Super for warming soups, stews, etc. in microwave. Handle is practical. One of my favorite colors. Clean up very easily.

Tupperware Vent N Serve Micro Soup Mug Bowl NEW Aqua