Industrial Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals TheGoodDinosaur Shop Now HTL

Platform: Xbox 360Change
Price:$17.50+ $3.98 shipping

on November 10, 2013
This game is garbage. At its core its a Tony Hawk rip-off game aimed at younger kids. However, the controls and level design make it much too difficult for younger kids to enjoy. After about 6 tries my kids were asking to turn it off and play something else.
VINE VOICEon July 28, 2013
I was worried after checking reviews here on Amazon that my 8-year-old son was going to regret this purchase. As of right now, there are only reviews for the Wii and Wii U versions and all are terrible. My son desperately wanted this with his money he had saved up, so I fought the urge to talk him out of it and made the purchase. The Wii versions HAVE to be different because I don't understand how this game is getting such a bad rap. They mention a "tournament mode" which the Xbox version does not have. They mention touchy controls, races ending when hitting a wall, etc. This doesn't even make sense to me because there is no "racing" in the Xbox version of this game (Update: After checking the Wii description of the game, it does differ in that only the Wii version lists a 4 player race mode, all other versions do not mention this). Also the claims that the graphics are horrible just simply aren't true for the Xbox version. We play on a 55" plasma and the graphics are great for this type of game. The environments are pretty realistic and true to the movie.

That said, it's important to note that this is NOT a racing game. As the name suggests (Super Stunt Squad) this game is about performing stunts and tricks. This game is not meant for the very young as it has a lot of complex control combos, but it was very easy for my son and I to get into. Playing the tutorial is a must or you'll have no idea how to perform all the different tricks you need to succeed. You can do jumps, flips, slides, wheelies, nosies, grabs, and more. All require different button combos that are likely too challenging for the very young, but the learning curve is pretty decent if you play the tutorial. Both he and I were testing out our new skills within 10 minutes of turning the game on.

Things we like about this game is it is NOT made for young children, and therefore has much more replay value that you typically get with games made after movies. There are hundreds of objectives to complete, and by achieving them, you unlock goodies from new shells (including special ones for each snail that you can fully customize), power ups that improve various "stats" on each snail, such speed and handling, new levels, and new characters. At this point we haven't unlocked any characters but it appears that you can get Skidmark at some point. You start out with Turbo, Whiplash, Smoove Move and Burn, each with their standard shells. There are 6 possible levels to unlock, which isn't a lot, but each one is full of objectives to seek for unlockables or achievements. Each snail has a possible 15 permanent power ups that make them perform better and they each have 5 or 6 shells to unlock as well as numerous customization options for each. Each snail appears to have a "custom" shell that you can fully customize with a full color wheel and unlockable stickers with logos from the shops at Starlight Plaza. In addition to the shells and stats, there are tons of objectives to complete just for the fun of it.

At first my kiddo was disappointed that this was not a racing game, but after playing for a short while, we were both anxiously passing the controller back and forth, trying to complete the different objectives. We played for a couple hours together and only reluctantly quit to go to bed, so I'm not sure what's with all these reviewers saying they got sick of it after 10 minutes. Again, this game is challenging. The tasks range from "collect 5 of X item" to racing against time to collect the flags. Some are fairly easy, some are extremely difficult and aren't possible without first unlocking several upgrades. There's no way my kiddo could complete this game by himself, but he can do enough by himself that it doesn't frustrate him, and the free play mode takes all the pressure of the objectives off and just lets you cruise around and explore. The areas are fairly small and limited in number, but I think we'll continue to play until we've at least upgraded all our snails.

Overall the game has good pacing, rewarding you regularly for your successes, and each upgrade makes obtaining those objectives a little bit easier. I don't know that we'd ever complete the 600 some objectives, but it's fun to try! My son and I would much prefer a challenging game that will last than an easy game that can be completed in a few hours and never looked at again. The only reason I subtracted a star is because this game would be so much better if there were more than 6 areas to play in. You will unlock them all within a few hours and then it's all about getting the upgrades and no new areas. This will be a must buy for Turbo fans when the price comes down a bit after the newness passes.
on December 17, 2013
My kids tired of this game the very evening I brought it home. The levels are difficult, the stunts hard to figure out, and so my 8yo and 4yo were frustrated and wanted to play something else. Since I had dropped $49.99 on this game at a store, that was disappointing to hear. My kids gave it a few more tries, since they both are wild about the movie Turbo, but after two months, they have played this game a total of about 5 times. The graphics are not particularly good, and trying to figure out how to actually beat a level is tough for young kids. I would absolutely advise any parent with kids 9 and under to avoid buying this game.
on July 12, 2014
Bought this game for my 6 year old son. I have played it with him a couple of times and he is such an xbox junkie and loves almost every game he gets. This one not so much. It isn't the most user friendly even for a kid game and it does not hold attention very well at his age or at mine. Hopefully the next buyer will enjoy it!
on March 21, 2014
.... it was a waste of money my son dont even want to play the dam either
Wasted time on waiting for it to come
on January 18, 2014
We purchased this for Christmas for our 5 year old son. He has been playing the Xbox 360 for about 3 years now. He has the Cars 2 game and does pretty good with it. Initially he was bored with this game and only played for about 12 minutes, the second go around was longer but not for much longer. I think he will want to play it but it won't ever become his favorite. It is definitely hard to achieve a level and the stunts are very difficult. The game is okay but if your child is a beginner or very young, then this game may not be any fun.
on November 11, 2015
Not happy that I had to pay $10 to ship it back when I needed to return it. So basically I'll only be getting half of my money back because the game costed me $10. 😡
on January 6, 2015
My 5 yr old likes it because he likes the movie but he doesn't spend a lot of time playing the game. The game itself was in good condition.
on July 24, 2015
Turbo the no fun
on October 8, 2014
my 6year old son loves this video game and asks why it took me so long to buy it.