5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't Function Without It!
Published on December 30, 2012 by Gyropilot

3.0 out of 5 stars They Charge You AGAIN to eFile for State
Just so you're not surprised when you go file the state return, you will be charged an additional $19.99 to e-File the state return. This download only allows you to download the state documents, e-Filing is extra.

$59.99 + $19.99 ... Total for this software $80.
Published on January 31, 2013 by Christopher Lee

3.0 out of 5 stars They Charge You AGAIN to eFile for State, January 31, 2013
This review is from: TurboTax Premier Federal + E-File + State 2012 for Mac [Old Version] (Software Download)

$59.99 + $19.99 ... Total for this software $80.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy if you have a Mac with a 32-bit processor, February 2, 2013
Sadly Turbotax moved to only supporting 64-bit processor macs. Turbo Tax 2012 will not run on a mac with the Intel Core Duo . Turbo Tax 2012 only runs on 64 bit macs. You can find out what chip you have by clicking the apple icon on your computer (upper left corner) and selecting "About this Mac". For further instructions read this -> [...] Sadly I now have to switch Tax software after using TurboTax for over 10 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't Function Without It!, December 30, 2012
Gyropilot (Seaview, WA, USA) - See all my reviews
I've been using the Mac download version of TurboTax for a few years now and overall I'm very satisfied with it. It downloads, installs, and works flawlessly on my current computer, which is a mid-2010 MacBook Pro. I really like the methodical step-by-step interview approach the software uses, but when I know exactly where I want to go in the tax prep process, I can jump right to it. When I don't understand a particular tax question or input, a link are provided to a deeper explanation. In short, I can't imagine trying to prepare my complex tax return without TurboTax!

Note that TurboTax goes through MANY updates throughout the tax prep season as the IRS releases updated forms and makes changes to tax rules. This isn't TurboTax's fault. If you use the software early in the season, some sections and / or forms may not work.

1.0 out of 5 stars rip off, March 15, 2013
Intuit is not helping the average consumer. I have a Mac Os X 10.5.8 (go to Apple icon on top of toolbar, choose About this Mac to see what you have) If you don't have at least 10.6.8 this Turbo Tax will not work. Luckily I figured it out right away and was given a credit. This means to get this turbo tax to work, I will have to spend another $20 to upgrade to 10.6 (then free download to 10.6.8) and also spend $70 for more memory. Total additional cost is $90. Computer works fine so why does Intuit only insist on upgraded computers? Rip off. Total cost of taxes to be done will be $90 for upgrades and $55.60 for software and $20+ extra for state filing= $165.60. Might be worth having an accountant do taxes this year.

3/17/2013 Addendum: today I tried Turbo tax from the vanguard website. I'm not finished with it but so far it is working well without the computer upgrade.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mac users beware!, February 23, 2013
Do not assume this software will work for even relatively new MacBooks! If they use the Intel duo processor TurboTax will not run on it! If you are not sure do not download until and unless you confirm the processor. I guess I am back to HR Block!

5.0 out of 5 stars First time using the Mac version, February 6, 2013
Excellent software and much improved from the Windows version. I was able to complete a fairly complex return including stock sales and it walked me through everthing quickly. It spotted my failure to add the Illinois real estate index number which would have cost me a few hundred dollars, and the e-file worked flawlessly for Federal, Illinois, and Connecticut returns. It carries over all your informaion from the prior years including a lot of tedious information on charitable donations saving time. I like that it gives you the option to purchase audit defense in case I get audited. All in, it is a little pricey, but well worth it, and about what I would pay a tax preparer, and I have found tax preparers a little lost when doing my returns. Definitely worth every penny to make the annual tax headache easy!

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy if you have a Mac Intel Core Duo 32 bit processor, April 3, 2013
Bruce H. Robinson (Guerneville, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I did not read any reviews and I ordered the TurboTax 2012 Premier CD-ROM. I am sorry that I am putting this review on the "download page." I could not find the separate CD-ROM page to post a review. But you should not download the product either. It would not run on my Macbook because it is 32 bit and not 64 bit. I was extremely disappointed. I checked online and I realized that I had made a huge mistake. I called Amazon and I told them I was sending the CD-ROM back. I hope they refund my money or Amazon will be losing a customer. I may even go into Small Claims Court to get my money back and also report it to the consumer news reporter on my local network news. I paid $64.14 to Amazon for this disc. An Intuit VP is posting online in some of the Mac forums with lame excuses for restricting the software to 64 bit Macs and he is encouraging people to use TurboTax online. I checked on that option and from what I could see, the online version of TurboTax Premier is not cheap - over $70.00! What an incredible ripoff!
Also, I am not buying that suggestion that I should go out and buy a new Mac. I do not have $1,500 for a new Mac laptop just to run TurboTax. I finally said a pox on all of their houses and I am going to do my 2012 taxes the old-fashioned way - by myself. I will download the forms I need from the IRS website. They come in a pdf format that allows data to be saved via Adobe Reader. When completed, I will print my forms out to be signed and then send them all to Internal Revenue. I will do the same for California state taxes. No one is getting any more money from me for tax preparation software. Bye-bye TurboTax! You have lost me forever as a customer. Come on people! Empower yourselves and let these corporations know that you are mad as hell and not going to take it anymore!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars An Easy Way to Limit Tax Preparation Fees, February 23, 2013
I was getting my taxes prepared by H&R Block for approximately $250.00 a pop. I knew I was not going to become an expert in tax law, so I thought high tax preparation fees were just the cost of having a job and investing. Then four years ago a colleague at work told me he used TurboTax and finished preparing his taxes in about an hour. He said TurboTax was easy to use, so I decided to give it a try. I discovered TurboTax was easy to use and after using it for four years I feel like I am getting the same results H&R Block would achieve. TurboTax's best feature is its ability to download information from financial accounts, which reduces mistakes from manual entries. I also like TurboTax's ability to import the previous years taxes into this years taxes.

I recommend buying TurboTax through amazon because it is at least $30.00 cheaper than the traditional Brick & Mortar retailer's price and by downloading it you can start preparing your taxes today.

I am not sure why some of the other reviewers had trouble installing, or running the program because I bought my MacBook Pro in August and I did not experience any problem using the program and I am not computer savvy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, but you still need to know what you are doing sort of., February 21, 2013
If your tax situation isn't complicated, you can easily use TurboTax without any issues. My situation was complicated, and Turbotax referred me to use a tax professional a few times, however, after doing my research on the TurboTax community site and obtaining professional level advice, I was able to finish the rest of my return using the actual forms embedded within TurboTax. I've been using TT for about 7 years now, and absolutely love how it carries pertinent information forward, lays out the guided questions thoughtfully, makes it easy for the average joe to file their own taxes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes Tax Filing So Easy, January 5, 2013
I have been a Turbo Tax user for 10+ years. This is the first time I have used it on my new MacBook Pro. Works just as well on this platform as it had on my PC.