4.0 out of 5 stars Kudos to cute lil' Croc
I bought my Croc for a trip to the UK. It's red; it's little; it works. I love it! I have thin hair, so this "baby" was perfect for me. It came with a teriffic little case.

Published on June 24, 2011 by SuzieQ

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as it sounds, possibly dangerous
Based on my testing. The mini CROC hot iron is good for people that are traveling with thin, fairly straight hair.
It worked for my sister (thin, medium length hair) but not for me (thick, slightly wavy, medium length hair).
Published 19 months ago by P. Patel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as it sounds, possibly dangerous, January 29, 2013
This review is from: Turboion Baby Croc Professional Dual Voltage Mini Travel Flat Iron, Red, 5/8 Inch (Misc.)
This is because the iron is too small to cover a lot of hair and because it doesn't have a temperature control it gets really, really hot when you leave it "ON" as you do your hair. As a result I ended up burning my skin.

I don't know if I received a defective one but was quite disappointed with this product for the following reasons:

CONS
1- No temperature control setting. I had to wait for a while to get it really hot (I've thick hair)
2- Actual hot iron plate is only 3" x 5/8". It took really long to flatten my hair bc I've to do it in small sections to straighten my hair
3- The iron from end to end is about 7.5 inches long. While I'm holding it at an angle my hand covers 2/3 of the iron.
4- 3 really isn't a problem except for the fact that the exterior material (feels like thin plastic) gets almost as hot as the plate itself.
5- bc of all the above reasons I ended up burning my ear and my index finger and thumb!

PROS
1- Really compact and small for traveling within North America
2- Comes with traveling case
3- Long power cord

Now regarding whether or not this is DUAL VOLTAGE.
I am not an electrician nor have I tested this aboard in Europe but the label on this Mini CROC only indicates 100-120V.
I was told that it should be labeled as 110/240v or 110-240v to be dual voltage.
It comes with a standard North American 2 flat parallel prongs, where one is slightly larger than the other.

The instructions that came with it does say that it is "TRAVEL READY WORLD WIDE VOLTAGE" but I am skeptical since it is not labeled on the hot iron itself. To be safe I would recommend buying a travel plug adapter.

Needless to say the CONS outweighs the PROS.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kudos to cute lil' Croc, June 24, 2011

Other reviewers are correct. It doesn't get quite as hot as the "big daddies," but it still does the job if you don't have super thick hair. It might take longer if you have to straighten every hair on your head. My daughter with long thick hair who does the whole nine yards thought it was a bit tedious since the iron area is so little, but I loved it. I do very small sections anyway.

Since (sigh) I'm back from my vacation, I keep it in my gym locker for post workout touch ups.

4.0 out of 5 stars travel to europe, September 20, 2011
Brought product to Europe. It worked over there (with adapter) even though there was a typo in the volts rating on the product (I verified the typo with the manufacturer before leaving the country.) It seemed to get hotter in the US and I didn't have much patience to work with it after few days of travel (aka I stopped caring so much about my hair), but a good option if you are traveling abroad. I did miss my full sized Chi, but this worked in a pinch..especially if you are short on space.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice flat iron for short hair, April 25, 2011
twin mom (Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
I purchased this flat iron for a trip to Europe (which won't be for another 2 months). In the meantime, I have been using at home and it does a nice job. There is no adjustment for heat, but it seems to get hot enough to smooth down my hair with 2-3 swipes. It is very small and light and should be excellent for travel.

4.0 out of 5 stars neat!, March 18, 2013
This is awesome for bangs, thin hair, and sort hair.
Great for travel or that college student! Recommend for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for travel, August 7, 2012
I purchased this flat iron for our trip to Italy this summer to avoid having to take my larger and heavier flat iron, and also because it did not need a voltage converter. I liked the red color and the handy heat resistant case. It worked very well, heated up quickly and I was pleased. Since it is smaller than what I normally use, it did take a little longer to do my hair, but not much since I have thin hair. I would not use this product daily at home because of its smaller size, but I highly recommend for travel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for bangs and touch ups, June 20, 2012
I love this thing. It is cute. Everything is red on it, even the cord! It is very small and is easier to take out and use if you are only doing a small portion of your hair, or have shorter hair. It heats up pretty fast. I don't have enough time to do anything else while I wait for it to heat up lets just put it at that.

I use this iron on my bangs only since I don't typically iron the rest of my hair. This thing is perfect to neaten up your bangs, putting a slight curl in them or for styling side-swept bangs. The size is good for maneuvering (such as twisting your wrist to give your bangs a bowed shape) and it fits nicely in your hand. You can also get closer to the scalp.

The case/mat is a nice bonus. Two elastic loops hold the iron and cord in place. The loop for the corn is velcroed on one end. Once everything is secured, you simply roll it up. There are weak magnets that hold the mat rolled.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a good travel iron, August 12, 2014
This flat iron does not have temperature control so it will get very, very hot. It heats up pretty quickly and since I have shoulder blade length relaxed hair it doesn't take too long to do the job. I use Tresemme heat protectant with it each and every time that I use it but I still smell that burning smell which I hate. I have stopped using it for the fact that it gets too hot for my hair texture. It's not just the plates that get very hot, its the outer plastic part that also becomes too hot for comfort. Overall, it gets my hair pretty straight, smooth and does the job, it just gets too hot and can definitely burn you. Also, after having it for about a year now, the middle of the plate has become brown instead of red.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 29, 2014
Excellent for travel my wife used it on our vacation here recently and she said it worked perfectly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Get the job done, May 31, 2014
I like these flat irons; they definitely get the job done. I would recommend these.
My daughter and I have natural hair so good flat irons is a major need.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›