4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Tablet
I was a bit skeptical at first on whether to purchase this tablet or not, but in the end, I'm glad I did!
Recently my Wacom Intuos Tablet broke and I was looking for a cheaper alternative because I didn't have the money.
I was going to originally buy the Wacom Bamboo or a Wacom Splash, but once I found the Huion Tursion tablet... there was no turning back...
Published 19 months ago by Hoshi

2.0 out of 5 stars They sell faulty pens so you can buy more.
Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Tablet, November 28, 2012
This review is from: Turcom TS-6580B 8" x 5" Graphic Drawing Capture Pen and Touch Tablet - Black (Personal Computers)
I was going to originally buy the Wacom Bamboo or a Wacom Splash, but once I found the Huion Tursion tablet... there was no turning back!
It's much more affordable than Wacom's tablets and it gives you more for a more inexpensive price.
It's design looks about the same as the Wacom Bamboo's and it's about the same size. However, Huion Tursion has 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity, while the Bamboo tablet only had 1024.
It's very comfortable and contains extra nibs for your tablet pen. Which is a great deal for all of this!

I love the feel of the pen and it's much slimmer than what I use to use, which makes it comfortable.
As I was trying it out, I LOVED the feel of the pressure as I drew on my canvas! It gives me more pressure than my old Intuos 4! I needed to press really hard or always keep changing my brush for the pressure I need with my Intuous. And with this new tablet of mine, I can now even make THINNER lines that I could ever make!
However, I'm not sure if it's because I've had the same tablet for about 2-3 years and the pressure wore off or something, but I definitely feel more comfortable with this tablet.
So far, I haven't felt any problems with this tablet (which is great!), but if I ever do, I'll be sure to include them.

If you're not sure whether to buy it, give it a try!
It's an amazing tablet with an affordable price tag.

EDIT - After using it for a while, I don't really enjoy the pen. It's nice but sometimes I sort of doesn't 'turn on' with the tablet, but it's easily fixed after I turn it on and back on again. However, this issue can get a bit annoying sometimes. The material of the pen feels kind of 'cheap', but besides that. I still enjoy the tablet and it's very affordable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first tablet!!, February 3, 2013
I have been creating digital artwork for about ten years now. Until recently, I was not even aware such inexpensive tablets existed! Nor was I aware just how great a cheap tablet like this Huion 580 could be. I decided it was high time to ditch the mouse and get the tablet I've always wanted but thought I could never afford. I debated for some time between various Wacom, Monoprice, and other tablets in the < $100 price range. This seemed the right choice for me. I'm incredibly happy with my decision!

SIZE: This tablet seems to be the perfect size. Not too big, not too small. It's just right. Any larger, and it would take up too much space on your lap or desk. Any smaller and you might find it restrictive. This really depends on your drawing style. I tend to draw in detail and use smaller, tight strokes. So I've actually adjusted the settings to shrink my drawing area down to about 7" x 4.5". Great option. This tablet works great for people who are used to medium to small hand movements, as it can be easily adjusted down in size.

SENSITIVITY: I haven't had any complaints about the sensitivity of this tablet. It takes some adjusting to tweak the settings, but you'll quickly figure out what settings work best for you. It easily picks up light, subtle strokes and increases steadily with pressure. Works great!

QUALITY: Everything seems to be of decent - good quality. I wouldn't say high quality... It's rare to find HIGH quality from a China-made product. However, this is made quite well. The tablet itself looks and feels solid. The connecting wire between tablet and PC is thick and sturdy. The pen feels a little cheap, but not ridiculously so... It just doesn't feel like it's incredibly high quality. The nib does wiggle around a bit, but I haven't found that it affects my artwork at all. The pen itself is very lightweight. Without the battery, it weighs next to nothing. So, you're really only holding the weight of one AAA battery in your hand while drawing.

SOFTWARE: I had issues trying to install the drivers on the CD. The installation program is lacking... It started up right when I inserted the disc, but I had to hunt for the appropriate setup file. There is a choice between two folders. Choose the one that says 580/680S because this is the Huion 580 model (had to use the magic of Google to figure this out). I kept receiving an error when trying to install any driver from the CD, so I went to the huion-tablet website and downloaded it directly from there. The tablet worked and responded immediately after installing the downloaded files and restarting my computer. Works great now. Just be aware that if you're "computer stupid", there is next to no support available for this product. You're kind of on your own to figure out how to get it working if you're having trouble getting it installed.

COMPATIBILITY: So far, I've only tested it on my HP laptop with Windows Vista. Will install & test it on the newer Asus with Windows 7 as soon as I get the Asus fixed... Runs just fine on Vista. I use old Photoshop 6.0 and it still works great! I've also used it to browse the web in Google Chrome and it performs very well.

QUIRKS: Just one small, personal issue. The pen's buttons (substitute for a mouse's right- and left-click) are situated right where I want to place my thumb. Sometimes, I inadvertently click while drawing. It bothers me that I can't rotate my grip on the pen; I have to hold my fingers in the same place every time I draw, which wears down the nub unevenly. I would love to find a pen without the little buttons. But, for such a great tablet, it's something I'm willing to ignore since it doesn't bother me much at all.

WHAT'S INCLUDED:
+ Huion 580 Tablet (8" x 5" drawing space)
+ Pen with two programmable buttons
+ USB cord
+ Pen rest... cup... thing. Works well.
+ 1 AAA battery
+ CD-ROM with installation software / drivers
+ Owner's Manual (not very helpful though)

VERDICT: I can't compare this to other tablets, since this is my first one. What I can say is, as an artist, this suits my needs and makes creating art faster and easier than I could possibly manage with a mouse. I am in love with this thing! My digital colouring looks 5x better, thanks to the great pressure sensitivity of the Huion 580 tablet. This won't be up to par for a professional artist, but even for someone with a serious digital art hobby like myself, this tablet will work wonders. It's the best you can get for under $40!

UPDATE 07/06/2013:
Seven months in and I'm still very happy with my Huion tablet. =) Haven't had any compatibility issues and no trouble since the initial installation. The pen and tablet still look new and aren't showing any signs of wear, aside from the pen's nib starting to wear down some from all the colouring I've been doing (have I mentioned how much I love my tablet?). The nib has plenty of life left, but it does have a distinct angled edge to it now.
I don't really have much else to add aside from mentioning how much having a drawing tablet has increased the quality of my digital artwork. It's also decreased the amount of time it takes me to finish a piece. It used to take two weeks of outlining and colouring off and on to achieve something I was satisfied with. Now I can finish a piece in a day or two. So much faster!

4.0 out of 5 stars An artist's review., June 26, 2013
I own a Wacom Graphire Wireless, and for the last year or so have been dealing with my pen going haywire whenever it wants and drawing lines everywhere. Not fun. I had been planning to buy a new tablet for some time, but I wanted a nice one, and they were just too expensive to justify. However, I could afford $50, and if my review can help anyone at all, I figured it would be fellow digital artists.

I read the Amazon notes, so I knew not to bother with the loading disc and to go straight to the website and download the drivers (see other reviews, they really help!). It still gave me trouble. After installation, it asks you to restart, and even if I hit yes it didn't restart for me. I had to redo the process four times, and finally after I restarted myself, the little green symbol for the tablet showed up. So moral of the story: be patient with setup. It could be frustrating.

However, even though I've only played with it for one day, the tablet is totally worth it so far. Reviews have said the pen eventually breaks (see #3 below) because it's cheaply made, but I think if you endeavor to take good care of it, you'll be okay for some time. The pressure sensitivity is amazing though.

The nib itself 'bounces' as though it were like a car's suspension, if you can imagine. There's like a partial centimeter's difference from there the very tippy tip of the nib touches, and then pushes in if you push really hard. The difference is astounding. With the tippy tip and a size 9 brush (which is pretty big, if you aren't familiar with Photoshop brushes), I was able to make very thin lines.

The harder you push down, the thicker the lines get until you can achieve a blunt size 9 brush. This posed a challenge for me, as I'm the kind of artist that draws straight lines super fast (and thus, from the pressure, I'd get darker lines), but I do believe I will be able to adapt and use that to my advantage. Seriously though. The sensitivity is mindblowing, and the 'bounce' in the nib is easy to compensate for.

The challenges: Besides installation, there are three main things that are drawbacks, but if they don't affect you, you should be fine.

1.) The pen is heavy. This is because it runs on a AAA battery. They send you one, so don't panic if you get one and don't have a battery. I, used to mechanical pencils, lightweight pens, and my Wacom pen, found it kind of strenuous at first, but the more I drew, the more it became comfortable. So if you're okay with it, you can probably adapt with ease. It just surprised me.

2.) No eraser. Because the pen has to be 'turned on' for the AAA battery, the eraser end is nonfunctional. My previous pen's eraser was broken, so this really didn't effect ME in the slightest, but it might throw another artist off.

3.) The pens suck to replace, apparently. Like. Do your best not to break it or lose it. I talked to another artist last night who lost hers, and she had to buy a replacement off the website. The shipping cost approx. half the cost of the tablet alone, and it was taking weeks to get from her because it was coming from China (and hopefully not lost in translation). Not to scare you away or anything, but I can't emphasize the previous line enough: try not to break or lose it.

The good thing is, if people start buying them, the pens and such could get listed on Amazon or other sites by artists that are 'done' with them, or perhaps by the company itself.

Overall though, knowing all of that, I'm still tremendously happy with the product so far. We'll see how I feel after I own it for a while, but not gonna lie, I'm glad I tried it. It was worth $50 at the very least.

2.0 out of 5 stars They sell faulty pens so you can buy more., September 14, 2013
I ordered this pen. I got it the next day, and I will say, it was a very nice looking tablet. A definite upgrade from my older one. But there was something wrong with the pen. The power button was stuck. After a day of looking it over and reading reviews, I decided to get a friend over to see if we could find a fix. we literally had to break the pen open to see what was going on with the button. You wouldn't believe it, but there was double sided tape surrounding the button. THEY SELL FAULTY BUTTONS SO YOU CAN ORDER NEW ONES FROM THEM AND THEY CAN GET MORE OF YOUR MONEY! I'm going to upload a picture so everyone can see. I am greatly disappointed with this company.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, September 29, 2012
Matt G (LONGMONT, CO, US) - See all my reviews
Followed quick start instructions, restarted my computer and the tablet worked perfectly with Windows 7 64 bit. For some reason there are two different driver folders for windows on the installation disk. One labeled "For 680S_580 Diver" and the other "For H580_H610_P608N Driver". The model of the tablet is "580" so I wasn't sure which one I needed so I just went with the larger one (the second one) guess it was the right one because I have had no problems with it. The tablet itself is very precise and reactive. One thing that wasn't mentioned in the description is that the included stylus requires a AAA battery (also included), but as long as you turn it off this isn't a problem. Obviously it doesn't compare to the more expensive higher end tablets out there but I would say it is probably one of the best available in its price range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works nicely in Photoshop on a Mac (and some software installation tips), May 7, 2013
I received the Huion 580 tablet yesterday as promised. I went through a lot of gymnastics getting the tablet to work, but now it does and it works nicely in Photoshop CS3. I'm on a Mac running OS X 10.8.3

I had a tablet years ago, but it became outdated (serial cables, anyone?) and the price on this tablet, and the generally positive reviews seduced me.

I just spent half an hour using the pen and tablet to do some shading in Photoshop, and both worked admirably. The pen is a nice size and weight, has nice sensitivity, no skipping and it keeps up with me at a comfortable pace. And I also have a mouse, magic pad and a keyboard connected and I can jump from one to another and they all work perfectly.

I can recommend this tablet as it works the way I wanted it to now, with the only caveat being I have only had it one day so I can't say how it will hold up in the long run. Regardless, I don't plan on hauling it around in a knapsack or using it as a ping pong paddle.

Here is are the steps I went through that finally got the tablet to work. I suggest NOT using the installer on the included CD.
I am also including the steps which not only didn't work, but I had to undo/uninstall them. Hopefully this will prevent you making the same missteps.

Here's what I did that worked for me:
I plugged in the tablet via the supplied usb cable. Then I put the supplied battery in the pen and turned it on by clicking the button on the end of the pen (so the button is down or further in).
Go to [...]
Click the Download icon/button/picture
Under "Mac Driver & User Manual" click on "Huion Driver 7.0"
It will download a file named "Mac driver.zip" which is 541 Kb
Double-click on that file and you get a folder named "M20111018B"
Open that folder and double-click on a file named "PenTabletSetup.mpkg" (that file should be 600 Kb)
It will install a folder in your Applications folder named "PenTabletSetting"
Open that folder and double-click on a file named "TabletSetting"
Now you'll see the control panel for the pen.
Here you can test out your pen/tablet to see if they work or not.
You may need to restart your Mac.
----------------------------------------------------------
Problems I had which you can avoid:
The symptom of a wrong install was that the cursor for the tablet was stuck in the bottom right corner of the screen.
I installed the Mac Driver on the included CD and it did NOT work for me. It is named "PenTabletSetup.pkg" and is 670 Kb in size. The reason I am mentioning the file sizes here is that the names of different driver installers are identical or very similar so by looking at the file size you can differentiate them.
I then downloaded a UC-logic installer named "PenTabletSetup.zip" on advice from another writer. When expanded it had the name "PenTabletSetup" and was 722 Kb in size.
One of those two drivers installed a control panel named "Ink" which seemed to be for handwriting recognition. Those drivers did NOT get the pen/tablet working. Plus I could not uninstall that "Ink" control panel by right-clicking on the icon (which is the usual Mac way to uninstall a control panel). I wound up having to uninstall it by searching on "Name begins with ink" and deleting two files that were in a preferences folder (I think). I apologize for being a bit hazy here, but I tried so many things over a few hours and can't recall exactly what I did wrong. Don't copy my wrong installation actions and you should be OK.
I also installed the universal Wacom driver because some reviewer here said it was required for Photoshop to recognize any tablet, but this was NOT true for me, so I uninstalled the Wacom driver by going into Control Panels, right-clicking on the Wacom icon and selecting "Remove [the Wacom driver]".
Long story short: the correct Huion installer does not create a control panel installed in System Preferences. Instead it installs an application, a file named "TabletSetting", which resides in the Applications folder inside a folder named "PenTabletSetting". An odd, wandering journey, but that's what finally worked for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, April 17, 2014
Absolutely not a piece of s*** now I can draw veiny dicks with powerful brush strokes and various other strokes

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice!, January 31, 2013
Overall, very impressed. We have one Tursion and 2 Wacom's in the house. We purchased our first Wacom about 2 years ago, and the second along with this about 2 months ago. It measures up- very happy with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars I really like, January 12, 2013
This tablet is a huge step up from just using a mouse. I would recommend this before any other name brand out there. The pressure sensitivity is amazing to say the least. Great price too. Only draw back is its not wireless, but the pen is. It also works with ANY art software.

5.0 out of 5 stars really a great product, March 5, 2013
Although I really like this tablet, I did experience some problems.

1- installation was confusing. This is because when the CD is viewed you are presented with two folders. I ended up installing both and each install seemed to work fine, however, GIMP 2.8 didn't work with these drivers and I ended up downloading another set from the Huion website (which didn't work either) Probably any of the three will function with the "580" tablet

2- Manual is not very helpful, pretty basic stuff that outlined what I already did to install. It does go into the VTablet software and what the options are -I left mine default.

I bought this to use with GIMP, an open source photo editor and the following are my experiences:

GIMP 2.8 -Initially had this installed and the cursor was stuck along the top of the canvas regardless of which tool was selected. Additionally, the pop-up menu (when you normally right-click the canvas) blinked on and off at random intervals. MSPaint worked and the tablet worked with everything else on my computer, but still thought it might be a driver issue (this is why I tried all three driver versions). Google search came up with similar problems with other tablets from bad installations and drivers -chased this down for a day before giving up.

Ended up downloading the trial version of Photoshop CS6 to double check the drivers; photoshop works with no problem. After uninstalling GIMP 2.8, cleaning the registry and reinstalling GIMP still didn't work. DOES NOT WORK with GIMP 2.8 though YMMV

GIMP 2.4, cursor moved and worked on the canvas but no pressure. Changing the brush size, hardness, opacity didn't work

GIMP 2.6, this is version that works with all features!

Overall, I'm happy with this tablet. it does take some time getting used to because the "distance" you have to travel from one end of the screen to the other, because the tablet matches the screen 1 for 1 -so top left of tablet will put cursor in top left of screen.

Rate and Discover Movies