Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Turkishtowels Terry Bathrobe, 100% Combed Pure Turkish Cotton Terry Robe
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on October 17, 2008
Thanks to the reviews here (and the great sale price!) I've decided to order one for my husband.
I simply went to the Turkish Towel website and here are the specs for this robe: (directly from the website)
"The most important feature of Terry Bathrobe, is the thickness of its texture. This texture gives weight to the bathrobe and improves its ability to absorb water. This robe, which has the same texture with our Heavy & Soft towel collection is 650 grams per sqm and is available in 4 different colors. The product is one size fits most, while its total weight is 4 pounds."

"The Terry robe measures :

Length 50 inches

Sleeve Length 22 inches with a 8 inch hem

Shoulder 8 inches

Armhole circumference is 13 inches"

Hope this helps! =)
22 comments|195 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2005
This bathrobe is very heavy, well made, and luxurious - what you'd expect at the finest spas. Delivery was fast and included a hand written thank you note. Overall, I could not be more pleased!
22 comments|91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2007
My husband is 6 foot three average build. We found the robe to be good quality and presented nicely. However the sleeves and length are far too short and the middle wraps around him much farther than necessary. We are going to fix the problem by sewing on a 6 inch hem and 3-4 inch cuff from a matching towel (we'll just make it work) but it is just not good for a man over 6 feet.
33 comments|78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2008
I recently purchased the bathrobe specifically because of the long length. However, after washing it, it shrunk up almost 12 inches. There were no washing instructions. Although cotton terry cloth does shrink in hot water and the drier, it should not have shrunk that much. The sleeves are barely long enough whereas before washing they could actually be cuffed. It's a beautiful bathrobe, but don't count on having a long bathrobe for long.
on December 11, 2007
The robe is plush as advertised but the cloth frayed easily. I washed it after it arrived and it frayed immediately -- at the seams and on the material itself. I have ten year old towels with less snags than this robe had in one wash. And one size does NOT fit all. The company is a very good company to work with and I received a refund with no questions asked. I would buy from then again.
on November 25, 2014
I wanted a robe but was too indecisive to choose just one. Rather, I chose 3 of the highest rated on Amazon and compared them to see which would be the best fit for myself and m'lady. I am age 28, 5'10, 210, broader than most men; she is 5'3, 130, petite frame. I purchased the following three robes, each in our preferred color choices of steel/gray or dark gray. My personal preferences lean toward something with a little more absorbency, something that would be ideal after a pool/spa/shower, so my reviews may be a little biased. Below is a brief overview of each option:

1. Noble Mount Men's Premium Coral Fleece Plush Spa/Bath Robe - Dark Gray, Size Large/XL

- Beautiful package and presentation, comes in a great gift box. Really plush, velvety-velour type material. Nice, thick lapels and cuffs with belt and pockets. Perfect fit, really comfortable, only downside is that the material just isn't super absorbent. Otherwise really great and excellent value.

2. Del Rossa Men's Classic Fleece Hooded Bathrobe Robe - Steel Grey, Size Large/XL

- Nice material, fleece-like and very warm, actually too warm for my preferences. This thing just traps in the heat like my north face jacket, and is probably made from the same material. The hood is a great touch, although I prefer to fold it down and use as a big plush neck pillow. Nice belt and big pockets, also a great fit in terms length and arm length. My girlfriend likes this one best for the warmth and texture of the material. Perfect for while she's doing her hair or makeup. Personally my least favorite of the 3, mainly because of the completely non-absorbent material and the extreme heat trapping ability of the fabric.

3. Turkishtowels Mens and Womens Original Terry Shawl Turkish Bathrobe - Steel, Size Large/XL

- This was the robe I was looking for, just picked the wrong size. Large/XL was way too long, exchanged it for the OSFM and it's perfect. Nice, absorbent terrycloth like material, exactly what a bathrobe should feel like. Heavy and warm, perfect for after a shower. Super soft and comfortable for lounging. Biggest downside here is the price. More than I wanted to spend but ultimately satisfied with the purchase. We'll see how they hold up over time, after washing, etc.
on March 21, 2007
when I first received the robe I was very pleased. It seemed to live up to all the positive things I had read about it. Very nice. However, the first time that I washed it, a section of one of the seams about a foot long came apart and frayed. Very disappointing. I realize that even in the best of merchandise, there will be an occasional flaw. Nevertheless, it is what it is......3 stars...(It would have been 5)
22 comments|48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 18, 2007
The fabric of the bathrobe was wonderful Egyptian cotton, but the bathrobe was huge. It was more like a tent than a bathrobe. It was an anniversary present for my wife (size 8) and the bathrobe was one size fits all as long as you wear a size 18. I was very disappointed that I could not have ordered at least a general size (large, medium or small).
on February 11, 2008
The weight and feel of the robe is great.However,customers should be cautioned to buy larger than needed size. After washing,the robe shrunk and does not fit nearly as well.
on January 2, 2008
As previously stated the robe in soft and the delivery and presentation were impressive. feel free to send this package as a gift to anyone. I aqree that the robe length is deceiving in the picture. At 5'7" I do like a robe that goes to my ankle. This robe covers my knee and falls short. Thought about returning it for that reason, but I decided to keep it and wear socks (not a pretty pictures - but it works!)
22 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse