Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts for Her Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Nintendo Digital Games Outdoors Gift Guide on Tikes

on June 23, 2010
We got this robe delivered yesterday. I was a little disappointed only because the embroidary I requested was not on it. So I decided to send them an e-mail.

Today, we got another bathrobe with the embroidary... I guess they sent one without it by mistake and as soon as they caught it, they sent another correct one! That's what I call customer service. In a day when most company don't even admit their mistakes, turkishtowels blew me away with their quick response to thier mistake. Highly recommended.

On the robe itself, it's a very good quality like the ones they have at those 4/5 star hotels.
on March 11, 2012
After reading many reviews I finally decided on buying this one, and I would say I do like it and am happy with it.
A list of the pros:
comfy, luxurious, soft, nice weight

The only reason I left 4 stars instead of 5 is because of the length of the robe. The picture shows the robe on the female going down well past her knees, which is what I would have preferred. Mine however (size S/M), is well above my knees. While I am tall (5' 10") the woman in the picture must be under 5" for the robe to be that long on her. I would say the measurements listed for the sizes are accurate but the picture is not!
on January 29, 2012
Something is wrong with the image of this robe. As you can see, the robes on both the man and woman hang at exactly the same length. Obviously, she is shorter, and given that there are only two sizes from which to choose, it would make sense that the woman is wearing the small/medium, and the man is wearing the large/x-large.

However, the large/x-large is a whooping 16 inches longer, according to the measurement specifications, something I foolishly failed to read. Being 6'1" and 185 lbs., I selected the large robe, which is my usual size. Much to my surprise, I received one that was ankle length...nothing like the image.

Turskishtowels does have an ankle-length robe advertised on Amazon, which happens to be 59 inches long, so why is this image showing it at just below the knees?

Aside from this ridiculous length discrepancy, I would recommend the robe. It's well-made, the cotton terry is heavy and absorbent, and it's a great one to wear on a cold morning.
on October 23, 2011
I purchased this robe in its larger size (large/xlarge). What a mistake that was and unfortunately it is fairly expensive to return or exchange these robes, even if it is due to a poor fit. Who the large/xlarge size fits (other than an NFL linebacker) is a mystery to me. I'd recommend you consider the larger size ONLY if you are at least 6'3" tall and weigh, at minimum, 250 pounds. Even in that case --- this robe might be too large. This is one over-sized robe!

This company's philosophy seems to be to size their robes excessively large - working off of the assumption that a customer does not expect a good fit and will accept, without complaint, any robe as long as it is not too small. These robes are bizarrely sized. I just returned this robe (at some expense) and ended up purchasing another robe, made by a different company. It was just as heavy yet the sizing was far better.

I found the robe made by "TowelSelections" to be much better fitting. I paid about the same price for both robes. Since I had both company's robes on hand -- I am very confident in recommending the Towelselections brand over this one at least regarding fit. See my review at the Amazon/Towelselections product page. Look for the Towelselections "Terry cloth 35% Rayon from Bamboo, 65% Egyptian cotton robe". In my opinion this is the better product at least regarding fit.

At the very least if this product appeals to you - order the robe in its smaller size (unless the recipient is unusually large!!)
on November 12, 2012
I got this XL robe for a Halloween Costume - dressed up as 'The Dude' from The Big Lebowski. A+++

I was worried because I am very tall (6'4') and most robes I've ever tried on felt short on me. This robe fits perfectly(comes down to cover my ankles np). And its not made of that soft girly-feeling stuff you see on most robes. This is 100% man-robe. I wore it to an outdoor festival that got quite chilly. The robe provided great warmth, but when I started dancing & drinking & warming up I was able to roll up the sleeves, untie the belt, and still felt very comfortable. Bonus, the 2 pockets are awesome for holding beer while your hands are occupied with more important things. I was able to roll a cigarette without spilling a drop!

Heads up, if you aren't a tall person, this robe is probably gonna be a little big on you. If you are a tall person: congratulations, you just got done shopping for a robe. Click 'Order Now', go make yourself a White Russian, and enjoy the rest of your day.
on May 22, 2012
I needed a very large, warm, soft robe and this is exactly what I got. Some people have complained about the large size being too big, but that's why I ordered it. I'm 5'10" and it comes down to my ankles - perfection! I can wrap it way around for added warmth. It's soft and appears well-made. Couldn't be happier with it.

One and a half months later: I demoted this from 5 stars to one. I LOVED this robe when I got it, but after a month and a half there are so may pull on it it's terrible. Please see photo (I removed this when I got the replacement robe). I've never seen anything deteriorate like this. I'm going to send it back.

Updated 7/20 - The customer support is VERY good. They want to make you happy, and have excellent communication. I received the replacement robe and will see if it wears better than the first one. Updated my stars from one to three, and will revisit.

Updated 8/7 - I've now gone back to my original 5 stars. The replacement robe is everything it should be, minus the pulling problem. The first one must have been a "lemon." These people want to see you happy!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2013
Robe lost part of it's color after one wash.
It's long enough and big enough if you are apple shaped like me
on July 2, 2014
After reading hundreds of reviews looking for info about sizing and quality, I decided to order this robe in XS because I did not want it to hang off of me. I am 5"5" and 139lb. The robe feels a little snug in the shoulders--I have very narrow shoulders, even my bra straps have trouble staying up and when I close the front there is only about an inch of overlap, and that pops open when I move or sit. The length is long, hitting at about mid calf. Maybe I should have ordered medium, but I was afraid the length would overwhelm me and it wasn't available in medium anyway.

The quality of the fabric is nice and heavy like I wanted. It is soft but not luxuriously soft at this point. Maybe washing will help?
on March 18, 2013
My mom bought this for me for Christmas and I couldn't wait to use it. I got the x-small because these robes usually run big. NOT the case with this! I had to give it to my daughter because it was too small. I could just overlap the front to tie it and the sleeves could NOT be cuffed or they would be above my writsts. She LOVES it and is very happy. The pink color is gorgeous - a dark bubble gum color. This robe is super thick and warm - perfect for drying off after a swim or shower. I highly recommend it but make sure to order a size up. Shipping was very quick. It was on sale when it was purchased so it was a great deal. The full price is a bit steep, but really worth it for the quality. My next one will be this brand!
on August 25, 2012
Have you any idea how difficult it is to find an ankle length bathrobe? It's hard. I have always loved long robes and suddenly they became almost impossible to find and if you did find one the price was exorbitant. Then I found this long robe by Turkish Towels. A very reasonable price and a stitched monogram on the breast thrown in free. I love this robe; it is the right length, well made, comfortable and the price was right. I would not hesitate to recommend the robe or the manufacturer.