5.0 out of 5 stars Turn It Up!, April 25, 2011
Derek Barton (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Turn It Up! American Radio Tales 1946-1996 (Paperback)
One of the best books I have ever read about the air personalities of Radio. Having been one myself, it was a great ride through the legends of radio who I grew up with. It was them who helped share our love for music and entertained us. Thanks for the memories!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book For Anyone Who Wants to Know What Real Radio was before it changed!, March 1, 2013
This review is from: Turn It Up! American Radio Tales 1946-1996 (Paperback)
A wonderful read! I listened to Top-40 radio from 1964 to about 1983, and I found the stories that the interviewees in the book told to be very fascinating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Make This "Volume One", September 20, 2011
This review is from: Turn It Up! American Radio Tales 1946-1996 (Paperback)
Thank you Bob Shannon for this chronicle of 58 achievers in radio. I would only hope that the sales are sufficiently strong to encourage you to continue with a Volume Two as there are so many more whose careers deserve a permanent story. Even from one medium market station (WYDE-Birmingham '58-'59)there were at least three who achieved notable success: Jay Cook, Jim Staggs and Ed Phillips (Sebastian Stone). I can think of many others. Thanks, again, for this great book which I strongly recommend to all serious fans of "modern" radio. /sh

Turn It Up! American Radio Tales 1946-1996
Turn It Up! American Radio Tales 1946-1996 by Bob Shannon (Paperback - September 15, 2009)
$19.95 $17.65