Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on October 21, 2013
I bought these for my Turtle Beach PX22 headset, and while everything works perfectly fine I had to return them. When I would have my Xbox 360 on with this plugged in, and change the TV input to, say, my PS3, it would reset the Xbox 360. When I change the input back to the Xbox 360, it would instantly reset the console. This is due to the adapter not being the same as an official Xbox 360 adapter, and this issue is all over the place with these cables. I did however find an adapter cable that was CHEAPER and worked the exact same, minus the reset issue.

If you want that adapter, it's here on Amazon under the name "Monoprice RCA and Toslink Audio Adapter for Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 Slim". I highly recommend that one, since it literally was the same (minus the Turtle Beach logo and darker color) but doesn't reset my console each time I switch the TV input. Plus, as I said earlier, they're much cheaper! $10 less at the moment!
22 comments|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 14, 2013
Works with XBOX Console, however i think turtle beach needs to be more clear with there headsets that you will need this adapter for headsets when using HDMI, on newer XBOX consoles.
on February 21, 2014
My son got the Turtle Beach Headset for Christmas, but found out he apparently needed the adapter cable so he could hear and talk to his friends on Xbox. I ordered this for him but it was not from a Prime seller. It was expected within a week, but took a few days longer. I had to email the seller and got a reply that there was some kind of delay. I can't even remember what that was. It didn't bother me much, but my son is a gamer so he couldn't wait to use his new headphones. Well he got the cable, plugged it in and is happily talking to his friends on Xbox Live. He says it works great. Now I have to put up with all the noise he makes playing his games....
on October 23, 2015
If you're having issues with Xbox360 sound via HDMI audio, this is your solution. Just plug this in to the back of your Xbox followed by the RCA cables (red/white) and you're golden.

Does what it's supposed to do and for $6 versus the Turtle Beach website selling it for $15 + $6 shipping.
on October 16, 2014
It works well. It even works well through the door on my entertainment center. It does restart the Xbox 360 if you change the TV input for some reason. It's just something to remember. If you like switching back and forth between a show or sports or something, be warned.
on October 6, 2015
Yes this device does cause the Xbox 360 to reset when changing channels. For example, I like to switch to watching some TV instead of starring at a loading screen. You cannot do that with this device. It's a trade off when you get better video quality. I recently bought better speakers so it's not that big of a deal. If anyone knows a way to bypass this issue and be able to change channels with out resetting the Xbox please let everyone know.
on September 3, 2014
It has several issues:
1. It is necessary if you want to use the Turtle Beach PX22 headset. That means an extra purchase and more wait time since it is not mentioned that you need this.
2. If you start the Xbox before you turn on the TV, be prepared for the xbox to then restart. Somehow this device senses the TV's on/off status and resets the xbox. Sometimes when I'm playing a gory game and kids come by, I (in the past) had turned off the TV. I learned that was a mistake with this device. I lost all my game play one too many times. Completely irritating feature.

There's not much else about it that I hate because it only has one purpose but I think it was a ridiculous purchase and completely unnecessary for the purpose of using a headset.
on February 20, 2014
The delivery was so fast. This gadget looks awesome in design, although I do not really need it. (it turns out my XBOX 360 elite does not have the same jack for this audio output as the original XBOX 360...) Yet I still recommend it if it fits your XBOX 360!
on December 9, 2014
Great adapter. Note that your Xbox may reset while this is plugged in and you try to switch inputs on your TV.. Example.. Playing a game on HDMI 1 and switching to HDMI 2 to watch TV while game is paused. This is annoying but normal 😁
on May 14, 2015
Functions exactly as it should, easy to hook up, but it's overpriced. There are similar products out there that do the same thing, and much cheaper prices. I went with this one, and I'm not disappointed.