Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now DOTD

on October 18, 2014
amazing i bought it for myself and it is great sounding and has amazing bass and 5.1 surround,but if the sound isn't as good for you, it probably means you are playing an older game because i was playing call of duty ghosts and it sounded amazing but then i played call of duty modern warfare 2, it was OK all of its features worked but it just wasn't as clear and lively.also make sure your game has headset compatibility, that might be another reason its not working as well, you can find out if its a headset compatible game just by looking at the back of the case, for ps3 is shows a blue tooth headset usually in the middle. i don't know what icon or where is shows headset compatibility for other consoles.
on August 31, 2014
Awesome headset. As a heavily active gamer, this headset delivers outstanding performance in: ability to wear for long time, comfortable, bluetooth is easy to use once you get the process and the hang of it, PRICE, clarity in output and input, sturdiness, elegance, attractiveness, long battery life. GET THIS AT THIS PRICE WHILE YOU CAN. AMAZING INVESTMENT.
on September 22, 2014
This is an updated version for this headset. As I originally expected, this is an amazing product (when you get a defect free pair). It works flawlessly switching between my in-game chat and my cell phone when making / receiving calls. Audio quality is great, and it's got solid features. Very happy with the replaced headset.

ORIGINAL REVIEW TITLE: Product has potential; Manufacturer has abysmal customer support

This is probably a good product. The problem is the unit I received has been plagued with issues since day 1. The second issue is that Turtle Beach customer support is terrible.

The unit should have range up to 30' with no other wireless interference. I've eliminated all interference and am getting static and distortion with the unit if I move more than 5' away from the wireless audio transmitter. When I contacted Turtle Beach, there was ZERO troubleshooting on their end. Their solution was to ask me to send it in for repair. No thanks.

The other issue is that this particular headset is suppose to have "Dual Pairing Bluetooth technology that can be simultaneously paired to 2 Bluetooth enabled devices at once" (from the manual). This feature does not work. According to the manufacturer, I should be able to pair the headset to the XBA adapter for chat, and to my phone to take calls if they come in while using it. After trying several devices, the headset would only pair to the first device turned on, not both the XBA and phone. If I use it with ONLY one or the other, it works great. Again, ZERO troubleshooting from Turtle Beach on this one.

I will most likely be trying another one of these to see if I have better luck. I think it has the potential to be exactly the headset I need, but it's been a frustrating process so far.
on May 20, 2015
Audio better than expected. No popping/crackling. Not DOA, all parts work. Fits great, no pain. The ear pads breath. Looks brand new. Battery life is very long, only had them go dead once. Lots of features.
Range is not that great in my situation, but my house has really dense walls as its 100 years old. It usually works through one wall. Maybe I don't know how to set them up for longer range properly, I don't know.

Only downsides I found was the mic does not automatically work with a PC, I had to use the xbox route, bluetooth through the xbox controller, adapter included, but I think its lower quality. Also the mic is not always enabled. So if im not intending to use mic, but decide to mid gaming match, I need to push a button on xbox bluetooth adapter then hold a button on headphones, this takes too long IMO and is distracting, It has an option of using an analog audio cord that hooks from PC to WIFI that could fix my problems, but its not included!

Also, the Ear force audio hub software does not detect its own turtle beach hardware, so I cannot access some advanced features. I've heard there are fixes but as of now I gave up on it.
Despite these, I'm still giving this product 5/5, they're great, worth the money.
on April 27, 2014
My girlfriend who is an avid COD player has always wanted a good pair of gaming headphones but never got them because of the price. So I did my research on the headphones. I finally decided on these based on that I knew she wanted wireless, dolby surround sound and noise cancelling. These have made her super happy and myself happy because now I can read or listen to music without feeling like I'm in a war zone in my own home. She has repeatedly thanked me for such an awesome gift and has said that her gaming has improved because of the headphones. Now my weekends are more enjoyable without hearing "sticky going out" and gun shots being fired every few minutes!
on February 5, 2015
so i bought these yesterday for same day delivery and they got here fast in a nice recertified refurbished box. i opened it and everything was inside except the turtle beach sticker. i hook everything up and i charge them and pair them. after only 5 min. they turn off automatically, mid conversation or mid game audio, even if they are charging. i contacted turtle beach and the distributor so lets see what they have to say. whats the point of getting same day delivery if now i cant even use them and would have to return them and wait even longer. this is a real bummer.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2014
Did they meet my expectations? Yes and no. I was excited about the wireless. Great distance and freedom. Inwas underwhelmed by the bass. I has the DX12's and was hoping the DX400's would sound as good. They do have great surround sound, I enjoyed the powerful bass of my DX12's. They were not snug on the head. There was no adjustment for them. The sound also crackled. I have the PX21's. Wired with bass boost and 7.1 sound. Beautiful. These just didn't do it for "me".
on August 31, 2014
Sounds very great! using this with games has made me a sound wh*re. The mic is exceptional. The only problem I have is Xbox adapter. Sometimes it drops when playing games with friends, but its usually a quick fix. Otherwise? This was so worth the money.
on July 21, 2015
Ok guys basically I have beer used a wireless headset before. And I have been warned to stay away from them cause they absolute trash. However when I picked up these headsets and got them working
They were pretty good.
Notice that I say pretty good and not great.

Here's why.
The audio could have been better and by this I mean there could have been more boom than there was if you know what I mean. I have used earlier model headsets that sounded way more impressive.
Now don't get me wrong these headsets have a treble and bass boost option and it is enough to satisfy you and there is minor piping in the background however you have to listen for it to really hear it all. Very good on that part. So far after a day of usage anyways.

I could have given this product three stars. But then I realized that the surround sound on these headphones are actually pretty darn good. And there is differnt surround sound angels that you can actually use but I don't know how to tell to much which one I'm on with the readout. Another three star mistake on the last part. BUT. I am now able to hear things really well on this headset I can hear glass that shattered on the round every single piece of it. Especially in slow mo scenes with like grandtheft auto for example.

The one thing that really made me wanna go three stars is that with my product I received no instructions at all even with certified refurbished. Which kind of pissed me off. Cause I had to figure it out on my own. Which they are lucky I could.
And they say the list price is 220 dollars don't belive it it's only like 150

Overall I gave this product 4 stars because it's a solid product and despite my disappointments it's a pretty impressive piece of plastic.

I reccomend this product for those wanting to get into the world of wireless gaming headsets

As I read it's able to use all the consoles even pc. (It has Bluetooth)

Have a good day gentlemen going to go game with these things now
on February 18, 2015
These are suppose to be usable with the xbox one, but in order to do so you have to buy a 40 adapter for the controller then a cable to connect the headset to the controller making a wireless system wired. As for the xbox 360 use I cannot comment.