Turtle Beach Ear Force XP500 VS Tritton Warhead 7.1

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 4, 2011 7:24:35 PM PDT
Which headset do you think is/will be better and why? I personally don't know which headset to get yet. The main reason I want the Tritton's is because they come with 2 rechargeable battery packs so you never run out of power and also provide a complete wireless experience through 5.8ghz wireless technology if paired with a Xbox 360 wireless controller. Although Tritton is made by madcatz(or at least I think so) the Tritton ax720 have seen a lot of praise about it's sound quality even though the build quality isn't too great. The Tritton Warhead 7.1's look very promising, but I'm going to have to wait on reviews to see if the sound quality is up to par. Now the Turtle Beach XP500's are basically the PX5's made exclusively for the xbox 360 and come with a load of features that you guys are probably already familiar with. The XP5's also provide a completely wireless experience through 2.404-2.476GHz RF carrier reception. My only gripe about the xp500's is that they run on AA batteries and don't come with 2 rechargeable batteries like the Tritton's which could be a pain in the ass for me as I already have to scavenge my house to find batteries for my controllers. The xp500's no doubt will provide excellent sound quality because the px5's sound quality is good. When it comes down to it the Turtle Beach XP500's retail at $269.95 while the Tritton Warhead 7.1's retail at $259.99 (or on NewEgg;at least....). If the Tritton's can provide the same sound quality of the px5's and a somewhat decent build quality, I'm sold. If they don't meet these standards then I will settle for the TB XP500's and buy 4 duracell rechargeable batteries.In total it would be 10$+ however much the batteries would cost which I'm assuming would be another 10$ so it'd turn out to be 20$ more expensive than the Tritton's

Posted on Oct 9, 2011 4:38:17 PM PDT
J. Carcamo says:
I would say wait for the Trittons. Reason being the tritton headsets have 4 independent speakers in each earphone(making a more believable and TRUE , if you will, surround sound)
I have X41's but really want the PX5s or the XP500. I am gonna wait for the trittons to come out since I love rechargeable battery packs and I really want to see how they are with my own ears. If it doesnt come out before mw3 comes out Im buying the XP500

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 11:14:56 AM PDT
MD says:
I'm interested in XP 500s since they can be used with 360 or PS3. I'm waiting for reviews though.

Posted on Nov 11, 2011 8:56:43 PM PST
K. William says:
the only trittons that have the 4 speakers in each earphone is the Ax Pro's which get the real True sound of 5.1. the warheads will be made just like the TB's with a 50mm speaker in each ear and use software to get the 7.1 sound feel. even though the Ax pros have a cpl extra wires u can adjust the rear and front speakers to say enhance footsteps coming up behind you. also PX5 and XP500 have different presets u can download.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2011 11:27:44 AM PST
the trittons are dolby digital 7.1 it does not have 4 speakers in it like the other ones

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 9:48:19 AM PST
BDS369 says:
I am also very interested in this debate... I wish somebody could review the Triton's before they are released. I am looking for the best set that I can use with Xbox 360 and PC. I might have to use an optical audio splitter to connect them both. The Triton's have the sweet proprietary tech to communicate with the Xbox wirelessly without the dongle, but what about when they connect to your PC? I assume that the main audio is still transfered over the 5GHz signal and will sound good, except for the microphone which will hopefully be via Bluetooth. In the past, every single Bluetooth audio device I have used had been lacking. That is to say, it looses all it's bass, even though it may be clear. So I really hope the only thing that goes via Bluetooth is the mic.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 21, 2012 11:00:23 AM PDT
T. Allen says:
Hello Ronal, just F.Y.I. I would completely disregard the xp500 and the PX5. Turtle Beach just announced the new Black Ops II Tango edition. This is like the xp500, but with the upgraded 2.4/5 GHz dual band wireless, rechargeable built-in battery, surround sound angle presets, plus the new button placement as found on the XP400. It's like the best features from the XP400 and the XP500. I have the XP400 and it's awesome. but I can't wait to add multi connect Bluetooth, user customizable EQ presets, auxiliary line input, and the stand that's built into the transmitter unit is pretty awesome. And in my opinion, they have decided on a great color scheme for this litmited Black Ops II group.

Posted on Jul 30, 2012 6:40:56 PM PDT
W. Wharton says:
So I hear a lot of talk about wifi interference caused by these things. I have a fios wireless router, wireless mouse / keyboard, and a blue tooth mouse / keyboard. Does anyone with this headset know if it will interfere with any of these? My main concern is fios wifi router.

Also when the next gen systems come out will these still be compatible with them?

Posted on Aug 2, 2012 7:59:50 AM PDT
Os Money says:
warheads now available...debating on these to replace my a30's....but with new xbox right around corner are we sure it will work with it?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2012 12:55:26 AM PDT
Lantrix says:
Thanks, you just saved me buying the XP500 edition. Tango edition now on pre order instead.

Posted on Jul 22, 2013 3:26:08 PM PDT
jordan says:
I currently own the xp500's and have owned them for 6 months. Sound quality is nothing less than superb, and the amount of features is unmatched by any other headset/headset company. However, I am not pleased by two features of the headset, the batteries and comfort. I have a rather small head, and even on the shortest setting, it seems like the earcups are hanging down on my ears, instead of the headband resting on the top of my noggin. I know from my favorite headset reviewer (Krazy Kryzstof) that the tritton headsets (In this case the Warheads) have incredible comfort, as opposed to the turtle beaches. I bought 8 rechargeable batteries, 4 for my xbox controller, and 4 for my headset. It seems that the xp500's don't last as long on rechargeable batteries. I am wondering whether I should stay with my current headset, or switch to the warheads.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Oct 4, 2011
Latest post:  Jul 22, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Xbox 360 Ear Force XP500 Programmable Wireless Headset
Xbox 360 Ear Force XP500 Programmable Wireless Headset by Turtle Beach (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360)
3.9 out of 5 stars   (223)