5.0 out of 5 stars By Far The Best Bang For Your Money. Here's Why...
I've been in the headphone business and have been trying out all kinds of since 2006. I started out with one of Razer's first headsets and that left a nasty taste in my mouth as far as gaming headphones went.

Published 11 months ago by Robert D. Dumitriu

1.0 out of 5 stars Weak point at join between headset and earpieces
Published 5 months ago by PrincessKittyJ

5.0 out of 5 stars By Far The Best Bang For Your Money. Here's Why..., November 12, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 Gaming Headset and Amplified Stereo Sound - FFP (Accessory)

I then moved on to more audiophile cans like the Sennheiser HD600/650/555 HD-25, Beyerdynamic Darth Beyers and DT770/880, Sony MDR-F1, SA5000, turtle beach 5.1 and probably more that I am forgetting about. I've been there and done that when it comes to headphones but finding good headsets (since a built-in mic is so convenient) was the real challenge as there are plenty of overpriced trash out there but as well as extremely expensive quality headsets that hit +$300.

Finally, Turtle Beach addressed the majority of the problems I had with the so-called gaming headset.

They are comfortable, light, great mic, quality volume adjuster (no hissing), compatible with both my consoles, circumaural design (surrounds ears) and pc and they sound great with the nice addition of bass boost. So you can either have no bass to little or a ton of it. I also like the fact that it is an open-ear design. This helps with the soundstage qualities that give you the immersion when playing or watching movies. Also your ears will not sweat.

If I had to compare these to a more high-end brand I would say these remind me a lot of the Sennheiser HD555. They not only feel similar when I wear them but they sound quite similar which is a plus.

My favorite by far are the Beyerdynamic DT880 headphones but when it comes to something reliable that gets the job done, I will look to my X12 as my alternative and main headphones when on a tight budget.

You really cannot go wrong picking these up...

5.0 out of 5 stars much bass, very sound, such awesome, May 27, 2014
it was good. I feel bassed out. sound quality 10/10 would recommend. Other turtles would not recommend. Green is a good color with black. Headsets are snug like a snuggie. Mic works like a mic transmitting sound to the other person listening.

1.0 out of 5 stars Weak point at join between headset and earpieces, May 23, 2014
I had to return two broken TB X12s due to the tiny plastic piece between the earpiece and the over-head part of the headset breaking both times. The first time, I taped up the earpiece and tried playing my games for a week like that. However, then the other earpiece broke off so I returned the first pair. The replacement pair Amazon sent me broke in about a month. The sound quality on these was great and I had no other complaints. If that weak point was strengthened, I would certainly purchase these again! For now, however, I've switched to Razer, which is working out well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy these, March 12, 2014
I have bought 3 pairs of these. And the same piece has broken everytime. The left ear cap where it attaches to the headband. I am very gentle with my gaming stuff and these break. they sound bad and they are cheaply made. Take my advice I am not unlucky stay away from these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality and Clarity, December 10, 2013
You can never go wrong with Turtle Beach X12s. The quality and clarity of these headsets makes you forget that it is not a wireless headset. I have purchased and returned wireless headsets because they do not match up to these in quality!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very uncomfortable, June 24, 2014
I was very excited to get these because Turtle Beach is a very well known headset company but.... I get static sound without talking to friends or listening to things non stop. AND these are so uncomfortable! I wear it for more than a hour and my ears are killing me. And not even from the volume it is the fitting of the headset.

1.0 out of 5 stars They broke after 1 month, December 23, 2013
I bought these for my husband. He doesn't use them all the time, just when he's trying to spare me sometimes from the various noises that the video games make. He had them for exactly one month and they broke. The cord that connects to one of the ear pieces shorted and now he can't talk with them. We're trying to get a replacement pair. With all the fantastic ratings Turtle Beach has I would think they would have some kind of warranty. If they do I'll come back and revise my rating.

1.0 out of 5 stars Breaks too easily, October 13, 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Easily the most poorly designed product like this that you will find.
I have nothing to say about the sound. That isn't the problem.
These headsets break way too easily. The earpiece rotates on a little plastic pin molded into it. That little plastic pin will break with very little force, such as if the headset is dropped onto the floor. Once it breaks, there is no fixing it. It must be made of polypropylene, as epoxy won't stick to it.
A complete waste of money. Not a chance that I will ever buy one of these again, or any other Ear Force product made like it.

1.0 out of 5 stars I contacted amazon and like I expected it was too far out of warranty ..., September 15, 2014
Amazon Customer (Mesa, Arizona, USA) - See all my reviews
This is the first negative review I have posted but for this product I feel I need to. I bought these headphones for my son and within 4 months the sound in the left ear completely went out. I was able to get it partially working by Duct taping the wire in just the right position but with in a week it died permanently. Now today the cup on the right ear has fallen off completely.

I contacted amazon and like I expected it was too far out of warranty for Amazon to do anything. I don't blame them, they have always been extremely helpful to me in the past. From what I hear it's almost impossible to actually get help directly from Turtle Beach on their "limited one year guarantee" and it seems they can only be contacted by email.

If I can actually get help with the headphone I will update this post, but for now it looks they were a complete waste of money. At this point I will not buy another product from Turtle Beach.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wiring headache..., December 26, 2013
Be aware that you will have multiple wires running from the headset. There will be one going to your Controller for chat, another that will have to plug into the xbox unit for using it and another end into a usb outlet to power everything. I wish the description had been clearer on that (I assumed it plugged into the controller only like the MS headset.)

So these are being returned as it will not work with the way I have out xbox set up.

The headphones are fine, but the connection is a pain.

Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 Gaming Headset and Amplified Stereo Sound - FFP