5.0 out of 5 stars Understanding Shakespeare
Published 15 months ago by Pamela D. Mills

3.0 out of 5 stars Shakespeare for everyone
This is the perfect book for Shakespeare 101 classes. You get the original play and a translation that keeps the spirit of the text.
But don't expect to find a word by word translation (you'd be better off with a dictionary of Elizabethan English), or a detailed analysis of the characters and main themes (Sparknotes has another book for that). It's just the play,...
Published on January 2, 2009 by Roubtzoff

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Understanding Shakespeare, June 16, 2013
This review is from: Twelfth Night (No Fear Shakespeare) (Paperback)
For a long time I would not let my students use No Fear because I wanted them to be able to read the play in Shakespeare's words, but when I tired to discuss the plays with them, I always felt like I was the only who read the play. (I use it for Hamlet as well.) After I let them use it the first time, I was so excited to hear my students' comments on the play because they actually understood what they were reading. When they write about the play and when we discuss it, we use Shakespeare's words. We also compare the modern words and Shakespeare's words. I really like the No Fears and recommend them to people who really want to understand Shakespeare. I have taught high school and am now teaching at a university, so I know the No Fears are great on both levels.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sparknotes Rule!!, August 8, 2009
This review is from: Twelfth Night (No Fear Shakespeare) (Paperback)
We are collecting as many Sparknotes as possible. When you are required to read Shakespeare, you must have a guide. It's that simple. There is no guide better, in our opinion as teachers, and students of literature.

5.0 out of 5 stars She's the Man - In the original form, May 24, 2013
MDL (Rutherford, NJ USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Twelfth Night (No Fear Shakespeare) (Paperback)
Yes, "Twelfth Night" is the basis for the teen romantic comedy, "She the Man," but reading the No Fear series will get you into the original work with a nifty side-by-side modern-translation comparison. A real gem of a book from someone that likes to have the translation at her fingertips. And yes, it has been quite a while since I was a teen.

5.0 out of 5 stars In the words of my 16 year old..., December 19, 2006
D. Smith (Dallas, TX USA) - See all my reviews
...."Mom, this is perfect!" It helped her understand the language of the day in order to better understand the comedy writen for that time period.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Helpful, July 30, 2013
This review is from: Twelfth Night (No Fear Shakespeare) (Paperback)
Shakespeare?! Like...WHAT?! This was a very helpful aide for my college lit class! If you aren't the best at interpreting BUY IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, December 17, 2012
This review is from: Twelfth Night (No Fear Shakespeare) (Paperback)
Excellent! Really makes understanding Shakespeare a breeze. I found a typo, but besides that this is an amazing product. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy buyer, October 25, 2012
Tara (JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Twelfth Night (No Fear Shakespeare) (Paperback)
My son is in middle school, and he told me that he needed this book for class. Unfortunately, we had only had about 1 1/2 week to get the book. I didn't have time to go to the local book store, so I relied on Amazon. The book came much sooner than I expected, and it was in excellent condition.I am very pleased with this seller, and very confident ordering merchandise from Amazon. Will definitely use this seller again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unimaginably Helpful, February 21, 2011
This review is from: Twelfth Night (No Fear Shakespeare) (Paperback)
This book is amazing. At first, I hated Shakespeare's stuff because I couldn't understand any of it. But this book translates it into the kind of grammar we are used to today and I actually liked it when it was translated into "our language". This would also be a big help for anyone who is stuck on reading any Shakespeare play in high school.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bard's Still the Best, and This is the Best Way to Appreciate Him, January 29, 2010
Big D (Auburn, AL. USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Twelfth Night (No Fear Shakespeare) (Paperback)
After all these years, the Bard is still the best, and these "No Fear" Shakespeare books are the best way to understand and appreciate his wit, humor, wisdom, understanding, and the pathos, drama and glory of human life.

If you are reading this review, you probably have to read the play anyway. This is the best way!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest invention since sliced bread, September 1, 2008
Teri L. Tilwick (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Twelfth Night (No Fear Shakespeare) (Paperback)
Wow! This is the best! The title tells it all: "No Fear Shakespeare." In just a few short hours, you can read an easy-to-understand interpretation of the entire play on the right-hand pages. You will clearly understand what Shakespeare wrote, including his most obscure jokes. Now you can easily read the original Old English form on the left pages. This is a true gift for someone who really wants to understand Shakespeare. It is painless. . . . it is Great!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Twelfth Night (No Fear Shakespeare)
Twelfth Night (No Fear Shakespeare) by William Shakespeare (Paperback - July 3, 2003)
$5.95 $5.50
In stock but may require an extra 1-2 days to process.
Rate and Discover Movies