5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Graduation Present!!
My son James graduated this June. Although I had given this book many times as a baby present, I decided to try something different. I used it as an inspirational graduation gift for James!

Published on August 15, 2002 by Lynn C.

2.0 out of 5 stars I love the book
I love the book...that is why I ordered it. However, someone already wrote inside of it: Merry Christmas to... From...plus a long message, etc. I wish somewhere it would have stated that someone wrote inside of it. I wouldn't have ordered it. I wanted to give it to my new grandbaby.
Published 2 months ago by Linda Alfinito

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Graduation Present!!, August 15, 2002
Lynn C. (Stoneboro, PA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Twelve Gifts of Birth (Hardcover)

I looked back through 18 years worth of pictures and matched pictures of James with the twelve gifts. His sister, brother, and father helped as we searched for just the right photos.
For example, on the cover page where it says, "Royal dignity was yours from the day you were born" Psalms 110:3, I glued a baby picture and a graduation picture.

On "The first gift is Strength" I glued him in awesome shots from his three sports...basketball, football, and javelin.
On "The fifth gift is Hope" I glued a shot of him from the bottom of the stairs as he attempted to crawl up those stairs clad only in a diaper~~along with another shot of him in a triumphant basketball moment.
For "the ninth gift is Reverence" I chose a photo of him feeding ducks by a tree-lined lake and another of a tiny James standing on some rocks by the ocean's edge.

One of my favorites is the "Faith" page where I put a picture of him kneeling with me and holding Kermit the Frog as he says his prayers.
I cut the pictures using templates for scrapbooking, so the shots of James are in ovals, stars, curved edges, etc. The finished product was awesome!
When his father and I gave him this book, all of our family sat around as I read it to James. He is a 6'5" wonderful fellow who got teary-eyed as I read it. As he looked at the pictures accompanying each gift, we talked about family and life!
Charlene Costanza is to be praised for writing this inspirational book. It is a treasure! The words, the message of dignity and worth, the pictures, and the artwork are outstanding. Everyone who sees it wants to order one. One friend is personalizing "The Twelve Gifts of Birth" for her mother!
I came across a real life-time treasure when I found this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Gift for the Prince or Princess in your Life!, September 23, 1998
By A Customer
I was so happy to receive this touching book last week. As this book begin's "Royal dignity was yours from the day you were born- Psalms 110:3" we are reminded how each of us has our own special gifts in life.
The book includes a special page for gift-givers to inscribe some personal thoughts to the receiver. I always told my 23 year old daughter she was a princess and now I have a book that shows her just how special she has always been.
I highly recommend "The Twelve Gifts of Birth," as a wonderful gift to give to a pregnant woman, a newborn baby, or a child of any age to remind them of the special gifts that were their's from the day they were born. It would be an especially thoughtful gift for a young person who is struggling with adolescence to help remind them of the beauty and talents that they were born with.
Not only the words are beautiful, but the quality of the materials used to produce this book will make this a gift that will be treasured for a lifetime.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book for every parent to read to their child!, August 14, 2004
This review is from: The Twelve Gifts of Birth (Hardcover)
This is such a special book that every parent should have, and read to their children often. It is beautifully illustrated as well! Once you read this book, you too will fall in love with the book, you too will pass it on at every chance you have!

The 12 gifts every baby should know they where given at birth are: Strenght, Beauty, Courage, Compassion, Hope, Joy, Talent, Imagination, Reverence, Wisdom, Love, and Faith so you may believe you have these gifts!

Whether you come home with your child from the hospital, international flight, or domestic travel this is a book that should be read often and in every childs' home and or room!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Book!, October 2, 2005
Cathleen V. Allen (Skokie, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Twelve Gifts of Birth (Hardcover)
My husband and I purchased this book as a gift for our granddaughter (due 12/05). It will be a wonderful keepsake and a reminder of the gifts we are all given. If I found any fault with the book, it was with the accompanying photographs. The photographic style is a blend of old and new and it doesn't always work well. Many of the pictures were obviously staged, which goes against the spontaneity that is inherent in children. This is a minor issue, however, as the real power of the book lies in its words.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a message of the ages, June 4, 1999
By A Customer
I found this gift of a book while I was browsing in a small shop in Alaska. It's a book that is definitely one to be kept in one's own library to remind ourselves each and every day of the gifts that we have as individuals to share with the world. I believe that there is so much negativity in our every day lives and a book such as this gives us back our humanity to us. As someone said we think we are human beings trying to be spiritual when in fact we are spiritual beings trying to be human. So for all of those who have low self esteem and think they have nothing to give others, read this book, it is a must! And for those who know they have gifts to offer someone, read this book, for it puts into such simple words how simple it is to be wonderful each and every day! Thank you to the author for having the strength and joy in her heart to put forth loving words of inspiration! I am a true fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, January 18, 2000
By A Customer
I've now given this book as a gift several times, and it's always been well received. It also lends itself well to a companion gift that will be treasured. I've sometimes given it with a handmade keepsake handkerchief embroidered with the baby's monogram in the center and the twelve gifts around the perimeter for a christening gift. I've also made little "gemstones" from polymer clay with a gift written in gold ink on each stone (plus a thirteenth blank stone for the child's unique gift) in a little pouch for older kids. The possibilities are limitless with such a wonderful inspiration piece!

5.0 out of 5 stars Reminder of Gifts for Any Age Child or Adult, January 25, 2003
This review is from: The Twelve Gifts of Birth (Hardcover)
I found this book by chance when looking for a book to tell someone how wonderful they were. I turned around in the bookstore and this book was staring me in the face. I find the twelve gifts to be beneficial and beautiful reminders of every person's talents and traits. I bought 8 copies on the spot and plan to give one to everyone important person in my life. It really is a wonderful inspirational book. I'd like to see the gift text republished without the storybook introduction so that it could be listed in bookstores under Inspirational literature instead of under Child Care. I'm afraid people will miss it in this section. I recommend it highly to adults and children alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, November 28, 1999
This is a wonderful, beautifully written book that should be read to all children from the day they are born! It explains all of the wonderful gifts each of us are born with, like compassion, strength, love, etc. A must have for every family library!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Twelve Gifts of Birth, October 16, 2000
Charlene Costanzo is AMAZING for putting what every mother feels, into words. Thank you for writing such an incredibly smart, well-written book... ....and now find myself ordering 13 copies for our niece, nephews, Godchildren, AND our other two children....I want each of our three children to have his/her own copy. What simple lessons we can learn from this and what life-long lessons for our children to know....you are a wise woman....I'm thrilled to find your treasure....thank you so much. -Donna Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars Great message for all ages, March 20, 2000
This is a great book for everybody! It really gets to the heart of what is important in life and in a child. I received it as a gift and now I give it as a gift whenever I get the chance. It is perfect for the child in all of us.

The Twelve Gifts of Birth
The Twelve Gifts of Birth by Charlene Costanzo (Hardcover - 2001)
$21.99 $17.14