Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Twelve South BookArc for MacBook Air | Space-saving vertical desktop stand for MacBook Air
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on July 28, 2012
I have both a 2012 MacBook Air and a new Retina MacBook Pro that I like to use with my thunderbolt display. Despite Twelve South support telling me otherwise I decided to get this to hold up both of them. It works like a charm. The Retina MBP is only 0.02" thicker than the Air so it fits just fine. Don't bother waiting for a new insert for the official MacBook Pro version of the BookArc. Save ten dollars too. This version works great for it.
on May 5, 2014
I was really excited to set this up on my desk in my office. I use an external monitor, an Apple wireless keyboard, and a Magic Mouse. I got this in the hopes of freeing up some desk space (I keep my computer closed during the day, I don't need dual screens).

However, I do carry my laptop to and from work each day, so I have it in a Speck clear shell protector. When I bought the BookArc I hadn't thought about whether it would work with my Speck case or not.

The good news is that it can work with the Speck case on! While it's not recommended, because the BookArc was designed for just the laptop, you can make it work. I just push the computer into the BookArc a little bit harder (hinge down, like it should be), and it does keep it secure.

My only real disappointment is that the BookArc touts keeping your cables organized, but the notch to run the cables through is not very large and I wasn't able to run more than the AC adapter plug cord and one USB cord. I couldn't run my Thunderbolt cord through it as well.
on June 15, 2013
Man, this thing is a heck of a paperweight. Sure explains why it costs so much for a small piece of metal. I quite like it. The rubber around the slot for the Air is nice, construction quality's top notch, it comes in a really nice box (really - they recommend you repurpose it as a gift box, and I might just do that).

I only gave it four stars because the hole intended for cable organization is teeny weeny, and not really in a practical place for actually organizing the cables (dead center). I can't fit the monitor's cable in it, I almost can't fit the MiniPort to DVI adapter in it because of the location, and I can only fit one USB cord in there with it, too. Even with the Air's minimal ports, it's just not enough. Also, the fit is meant to be very tight according to the friendly booklet inside the sexy gift box, but the Air wiggles no matter how I set it in. It doesn't seem to be made for a MacBook Air, despite the title. I suspect it fits the newest MacBook Pro better. Too bad I don't have a MacBook Pro and bought a product with the laptop I do have in the title, eh?

All of that said, it does make a nice addition to my desk, this product has great material quality, and it's better than having my dead octopus of an Air sprawled behind the monitor in a tangle of wires.
on February 8, 2012
Like most Twelve South products, it delivers on elegance. No question.
The box it came in actually came with a list of suggestions to reuse the box (one suggestion was to use it as gift box) it was so well made.
The stand itself is very straightforward to use and holds the MBA well in place. This has nothing to do with the design of the stand, more with the design of the MBA, but the fact that the MBA rests on its thickest edge means that the Wifi antenna is very close to the surface it's resting on (my granite kitchen counter in my case) which will not result in an optimal Wifi signal.
The one criticism I have for this stand is that a good idea, the little padded hole in which you fit the cables, was not executed as well as it should have been. It's too open to hold the cables in place when the MBA is not in the stand. This means that when your hands are full and you're trying to fit the MBA in its place, you have to somehow find a way to get the cables out of the way...
on September 28, 2015
Worth every penny. I had been setting my MacBook Air under my thunderbolt and noticed it getting hot because that's where the thunderbolt fan blows. I was happy to find this! I debated between this one and one that is $10 cheaper. Ultimately the idea of cord management made this one worth the extra money. I've attached a couple photos to show it set up with my Thunderbolt Display. It's slim and really helps organize my desk.
review image review image
on August 24, 2011
I was a little reluctant to spend the money to purchase this stand, but decided to go for it with an amazon gift card. It seems so simple, but it really does an incredible job at reducing desk space, heat, and cable clutter. It really is an ingenious design. My favorite thing about this stand is that it stands my macbook air upright, displaying the apple logo and clean aluminum body beautifully. It also matches perfectly with my aluminum apple cinema display for a really nice effect. I was also worried about the heat building inside the laptop hurting the laptop display somehow, but so far it seems to not be getting hot at all.
on October 4, 2013
I purchased this and love the packaging and the build quality of this product for $40.00 its not bad.

Something to consider before purchasing this is do you have enough room to allow your macbook air or pro to lie down on your desk because if you do you may not want to purchase this.

Regardless this product overall is built great, I do warn the area where the charger and thunderbolt display are able to come out from the bottom of the dock there could be a little clip or switch the user could press so the cords do not have the chance to come out of that small area and having to play it with again and again for it to stay in that area it is suppose to stay in.

The product is durable, has a good amount of weight to it so, the macbook air does not imbalance the dock from toppling over and ruining your laptop.

You may realize if you clear up your workspace a little more and make room for the laptop to lie flat you may end up saving yourself $40.00 but, if you're limited on workspace this will benefit you.
on April 21, 2015
The stand works well to hold the MacBook Air (mid 2013 model). However......I've had mine a little over a month and the finish scratches very easily. If you need to open the screen, do not set the Air anywhere on the stand while you raise the lid! I sat my Air on the rubber part on the front of the stand and opened the lid about 4 inches. The black edge of the Air easily scratched the finish just above the Twelve South logo. I tried unsuccessfully to clean and buff out the scratch. I'll probably have to go buy a can of metallic spray paint and repaint the thing to make it look presentable again. I'm very disappointed in this product, would not buy it again, and do not recommend it as is. It's all looks but not very functional. An improvement would be to increase the rubberized area so that it is 1/2" wider about 1-2 inches across the top of the arch where the logo currently is and move the logo elsewhere on the product. This would protect the stand from scratches without detracting from its appearance.
Its a heavy silver chuck of metal. Its heavy because it has to be to hold the macbook air upright and not be toppled over easily. Very sturdy and very well made. No machine marks of any kind. This company seems to have an attention to detail. I have a matching one for my iPad as well and no problems. I have owned this for over a year and a half now and it has not showed any signs of wear. Kind of pricey but it is quality.
on November 7, 2015
While this looks nice, it does have a major issue. We have our Mac Air on the second floor of our home with the WiFi router on the first floor and to the left of our docked Mac Air. When the Mac is in this dock, it loses half its wifi signal strength and experiences bad lag times. When it's off the cradle reception and WiFi speeds return to normal. If you are going to use this to dock in the same room it's OK, but if your setup doesn't permit that prepare to change it - or find another dock. Otherwise, it looks great, saves tons of desk space, and gives a good firm cradle for your Mac Air.